Indianapolis Colts

One a scale of 1 to Manning, how much would losing Freeney hurt the Colts against the Saints?
That's a difficult scale to judge. Manning's loss would be so huge in comparison. I'll say a 4.I also think he will play and be plenty effective. He only needs to be in on 3rd and longs. Honestly, after watching his media day interviews live, I think he's playing with the media, and his ankle is better than he's letting on. I also hear they're injecting HGH directly into the ankle every couple hours.
  • Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One a scale of 1 to Manning, how much would losing Freeney hurt the Colts against the Saints?
I say a 6. Indy's biggest advantage over the Saints is that the Saints HAVE to blitz to create pressure whereas the Colts can create pressure with the front four and drop 7 to try and confuse Brees and give help deep at all times. If Freeney is out, that goes out the window.
I think the Colts' overall winning percentage with healthy Freeney is around 65% and without him it is around 57%.Obviously any in-between like "Freeney at 75%" or "Freeney at 85% but leaves the game with 4:50 to go in the 2nd quarter" ends up somewhere in the middle.I'm not sure where that all falls on your 1 to Manning scale though =)
This is only good because they STOLE the music from Braveheart to make it awesome. That could be a video of a doctor performing late-term abortions and it would be awesome with that music.

The defensive injuries finally caught up to them. They couldn't make a stop after Hayden got hurt. Did he return? The announcers never even mentioned it. Oh well. Fun season, and it always ends in a loss except for one team. Here's hoping there's no lockout.

• 2 months later...
I think running into teams like the Steelers and Chargers year after year (both of whom run the 3-4 defense that seems to give Peyton relative trouble) has more to do with it than anything. The idea that a couple weeks of rest gets everyone out of sync is stupid. If this was the case, every college team would look like shit during their bowl games.
Just reading through my team's thread and thought I would post something about this. 3-4? psshhhh
Indy's record against 3-4 defenses the last two seasons is 11-1, with wins over the Patriots (twice), Ravens (twice), Steelers (in Pittsburgh), Broncos, and Chargers (in San Diego). Their one loss against a 3-4 team in two years was in overtime against the Chargers in the playoffs, which saw Peyton Manning throw for 310 yards, 1 TD, and no turnovers. I am not counting the recent loss to the Jets even though they run a 3-4. Peyton Manning was dissecting that team before he was pulled in the third quarter, which was when the Colts held a 15-10 lead.
Since the article, add 2 more victories in the playoffs against the Jets and Ravens with Peyton Manning dissecting both of their elite defenses.
In 12 games against teams that run a 3-4, Peyton Manning has thrown for 3,360 yards, 26 touchdowns, and 11 INTs.
If Tom Brady, Philip Rivers, or Drew Brees had those kinds of numbers against 3-4 defenses, I kind of doubt he'd be writing that such a scheme was their "Achilles heel."
4/5 of those teams have defenses that are considered in the top 50%/elite. Although, I'd rather teams really did think we had problems with the 3-4 and started throwing it at us more to "confuse Peyton Manning". Confuse Peyton Manning? That sounds funny even writing it

Compelling case. I love it when columnists forum arguments and make statements without every bothering to check the stats to see if their statements are true. I guess truth is for "stats nerds".

• 2 months later...

I live in the Indy area and I'm a huge Colts fan. It would be awesome to see the Colts make the Super Bowl not this year but the following year when it will be held in Indy. It's not too often that the home team of that years Super Bowl has a good chance of making it. Miami was decent but not good enough. I guess the Saints could make it when it's held in New Orleans.

• 1 month later...

Ridiculous timeout by Caldwell and even more ridiculous that he says he'd call it again. Someone lock that guy in a room with Madden (the game) for a few weeks.Additionally, Kelvin Hayden played the worst game of his life. I'm calling him Kelvin Hatehim until further notice.

Thank Dog for bye weeks!SO many injuries and now Clark is out.And a punter who takes a 3am swim in the Broadripple canal.

Thank Dog for bye weeks!SO many injuries and now Clark is out.And a punter who takes a 3am swim in the Broadripple canal.
Polian says Clark is out "indefinitely". Huge blow for the Colts and my fantasy team more importantly.
Polian says Clark is out "indefinitely". Huge blow for the Colts and my fantasy team more importantly.
And now it's reported that Austin Collie has had hand surgery.
And now it's reported that Austin Collie has had hand surgery.
And Polian just stated that Clark has a "relatively rare" type of wrist injury. Yikes. Colts have been fairly fortunate with injury stuff over the years (obviously not counting Bob Sanders) but this is ridiculous. And I heard Garcon has a broken finger maybe? Paging Blair White.....