Indianapolis Colts

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game. It's like you hit a 2 outer in the river. Congrats Colts fans. Hopefully these two teams can do it again in the AFCCG.
more like they folded the winner.GO COLTS!
more like they folded the winner.
Meh...it seems really horrible, it really wasnt that bad of a call. They can pick it up there 80% of the time and then the game is over. If they punt the Colts would still have all the time in the world. The thing that was disheartening was the wasting of the timeouts and not being able to challenge the spot. I really think he got possession and came down at the marker. It was spotted as if he didn't get possession until he was already on the ground. Anyway, it's not that huge of a deal. The Patriots have proven they can go into Indy and at least put themselves in a position to win. They'll get another chance in January. If they can't win then, then they don't deserve the Superbowl anyway.
Meh...it seems really horrible, it really wasnt that bad of a call. They can pick it up there 80% of the time and then the game is over. If they punt the Colts would still have all the time in the world. The thing that was disheartening was the wasting of the timeouts and not being able to challenge the spot. I really think he got possession and came down at the marker. It was spotted as if he didn't get possession until he was already on the ground. Anyway, it's not that huge of a deal. The Patriots have proven they can go into Indy and at least put themselves in a position to win. They'll get another chance in January. If they can't win then, then they don't deserve the Superbowl anyway.
no, it was bad. he obv has ZERO faith in his defense.
no, it was bad. he obv has ZERO faith in his defense.
So are you saying he should have had more faith in his defense? He knows his defense better than you or I, and I feel I am in no position to question his assessment of their ability to stop the Colts in that particular situation.What was bad was the situation.These are just estimates (they should be pretty close to reality), but lets think about it this way:Patriots punt, the Colts have a 55% chance of scoring a TD and winning the game.Patriots go on 4th down and:-have an 80% chance of converting which ends the game-miss, and the Colts now have a 75% chance of scoring a TDSo they have an 80% chance to win the game there, and if they miss the Colts chances only improve by 20%.What is the better option?
So are you saying he should have had more faith in his defense? He knows his defense better than you or I, and I feel I am in no position to question his assessment of their ability to stop the Colts in that particular situation.What was bad was the situation.These are just estimates (they should be pretty close to reality), but lets think about it this way:Patriots punt, the Colts have a 55% chance of scoring a TD and winning the game.Patriots go on 4th down and:-have an 80% chance of converting which ends the game-miss, and the Colts now have a 75% chance of scoring a TDSo they have an 80% chance to win the game there, and if they miss the Colts chances only improve by 20%.What is the better option?
I would move the chances the Colts score if the Pats punt up. I give Manning about 75% to score from 70 yards away. He has earned that respect.This would be all academic if the official had not blown the spot.
Well he had possesion beyond the distance needed for a 1st down. Athough being a Patriots fan I am probably biased!
He was juggling the ball. That's not possession. I think the pass interference that Austin Collie massaged out of the ref is a more valid complaint than Faulk's catch.
Whoa, I actually agree almost 100% with this (I'm not sure about the 80% number).
He was juggling the ball. That's not possession.
He didn't have it at the top, but he did gain possession immediately when the ball came down to this chest. They marked it where he hit the ground which was clearly wrong.
He didn't have it at the top, but he did gain possession immediately when the ball came down to this chest. They marked it where he hit the ground which was clearly wrong.
I just looked at it again, and you are clearly wrong. He does have the ball when it's in his chest, but he bobbled it when his feet were last on the ground. Thus, he doesn't actually complete the catch until his ass hits the turf, which is behind the marker.
I just looked at it again, and you are clearly wrong. He does have the ball when it's in his chest, but he bobbled it when his feet were last on the ground. Thus, he doesn't actually complete the catch until his ass hits the turf, which is behind the marker.
You're a lousy fucking softball player, Jack!
punting it. look, bellichek is a genius and a hell of a coach, but it was a BAD call.

Thus far in the game the Colts had punted 7 times, turned it over 2 times, and scored touchdowns 4 times. 9:4 against.Using all 4 downs helps, but from what we'd seen out of the Patriots defense I think the Colts are still a dog to score.

punting it. look, bellichek is a genius and a hell of a coach, but it was a BAD call.
Great analysis. How about you make an argument why he should punt, besides the close my eyes, plug my ears and say " i'm not listening" argument.