Kk, Flop Top Set, Against Table Chipleader...

and I know I misplayed this, but am unsure where, should I have reraised the flop? did I raise the turn too much/ too little, his minraise on the turn confused me..PokerStars Game #11332831422: Tournament #56614774, $2.00+$0.20 Hold'em No Limit - Level IX (300/600) - 2007/08/05 - 22:37:17 (ET)Table '56614774 160' 9-max Seat #2 is the buttonSeat 1: Bobcat441 (5862 in chips) Seat 2: squat600 (6267 in chips) Seat 3: Hatchet826 (4788 in chips) Seat 4: flyrsfan2007 (32103 in chips) Seat 5: <-he smells (19010 in chips) Seat 6: goldgammon (2321 in chips) Seat 7: jeroentjuhhh (12999 in chips) Seat 8: plusplusplus (13055 in chips) Seat 9: OhChitt (17315 in chips) Bobcat441: posts the ante 50squat600: posts the ante 50Hatchet826: posts the ante 50flyrsfan2007: posts the ante 50<-he smells: posts the ante 50goldgammon: posts the ante 50jeroentjuhhh: posts the ante 50plusplusplus: posts the ante 50OhChitt: posts the ante 50Hatchet826: posts small blind 300flyrsfan2007: posts big blind 600*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to <-he smells [Kd Ks]<-he smells: raises 1200 to 1800goldgammon: folds jeroentjuhhh: folds plusplusplus: folds OhChitt: folds Bobcat441: folds squat600: folds Hatchet826: folds flyrsfan2007: calls 1200*** FLOP *** [3s 4d Kc]flyrsfan2007: bets 1200<-he smells: calls 1200*** TURN *** [3s 4d Kc] [5d]flyrsfan2007: bets 600<-he smells: raises 4800 to 5400

I would have put in a min-raise on the flop for several reasons:1. You want to build the pot when u have the nuts.2. If he has flopped a hand like bottom 2 he will play back at you and come back over the top thinking you are trying to buy a free card with a drawing hand like 56 (although it is unlikely you would raise UTG with a hand like that but who knows).3. Your opponent can easily have a drawing hand like a 56s and took a stab at the pot with a semi-bluff hoping u would fold or just flat-call and get a chance at getting a free card on the river. 4. If he has nothing and folds u win the pot right there although u probably wanted to win more money in the pot, if he had absolutely nothing and was just trying to pick up the pot right there u werent going to get much action anyways.

Ur retarded. Shoudl have folded preflop.Seriously though, you couldn't have played it differently. It's a $2 tourney. Deal with it and move on. I've taken shits that were worth more than $2
Haha, its all relative dude, 1 or 2 dollar tourneys is what I play So although, it is not a hit to my pocket, it is a slight hit to my 50.00 online bankroll.. I'm trying to improve my game on the field that I play it. And yeah for the real advice, I guess I should have raised on the flop. One of my weakness is how badly I sometimes slowplay monster made hands..
I would have put in a min-raise on the flop for several reasons:1. You want to build the pot when u have the nuts.2. If he has flopped a hand like bottom 2 he will play back at you and come back over the top thinking you are trying to buy a free card with a drawing hand like 56 (although it is unlikely you would raise UTG with a hand like that but who knows).3. Your opponent can easily have a drawing hand like a 56s and took a stab at the pot with a semi-bluff hoping u would fold or just flat-call and get a chance at getting a free card on the river. 4. If he has nothing and folds u win the pot right there although u probably wanted to win more money in the pot, if he had absolutely nothing and was just trying to pick up the pot right there u werent going to get much action anyways.
i hate min-raising the flop here, because it smells fishy...would you minraise as a bluff here, or with top pair? no, of course not, you have to disguise your hand some by either just calling or making a normal raise...and it's also bad to give a drawing hand correct odds to draw, that's -EV for you
i hate min-raising the flop here, because it smells fishy...would you minraise as a bluff here, or with top pair? no, of course not, you have to disguise your hand some by either just calling or making a normal raise...and it's also bad to give a drawing hand correct odds to draw, that's -EV for you
I agree with this so options are..raise to 4k ish trying to build a pot and not turn on a warning light for suspicion.or smooth call...hoping to see a fun card like an Ace on the turn.maybe I like my play here? the board is so dry unless he has a case king... or some random two pair/ straight draw hand he would call a raise with preflop, pretty sure he checks a set...

I would have played every street differently:Pre-flop - raise more. My standard raise is 3 x BB + antes....around 2,200.Flop - Wow...flopped perfect...now, how do you double up? When Villain leads with a small bet (a "weak lead"), I'd put him on a medium pair (say TT, JJ) or a straight draw. By raising to ~3,200 (just over half the pot after Villains bet), you price out the draw, and set up bigger bets on the turn and river. If he calls, the pot is now big enough so that you can get the rest of your stack in with say a 5,000 turn bet and 9,000 on the river. If he goes away, you were not going to get any more anyway...

I would have played every street differently:Pre-flop - raise more. My standard raise is 3 x BB + antes....around 2,200.Flop - Wow...flopped perfect...now, how do you double up? When Villain leads with a small bet (a "weak lead"), I'd put him on a medium pair (say TT, JJ) or a straight draw. By raising to ~3,200 (just over half the pot after Villains bet), you price out the draw, and set up bigger bets on the turn and river. If he calls, the pot is now big enough so that you can get the rest of your stack in with say a 5,000 turn bet and 9,000 on the river. If he goes away, you were not going to get any more anyway...
I don't really like raising more preflop. At this point in the tournament you should be able to steal rather cheaply so a standard raise of 3x the bb or less is better. The flop is interesting because the weak lead screams weakness so I would be tempted to just call and raise on the turn. However, I think it's better to raise on the flop as calling gives off a lot strength as well and might make him shut down. But, as played, I like the raise on the turn.