Hey im probably going to go back to school this semester and Im probably going to need to get a student loan.... anyone ever go through this process and where is the best place to get a loan...... I want to use some of the loan to pay off old credit card debt with high interest.... to all you older financial savy people.... a little help and advice is greatly appreciated..

yea but with the school they only loan you what you cant afford.... i want to use some of the loan to pay off old debts with high interest so a third party company is probably a must
check out rates at local banks...they are usually competitive and may match the best rate you findgl

talk to the financial aid office at your school, let them know you need more money and they will point you in the right direction towards private loans or whatever you are eligible for. There are tons of loans out there and you may be able to get a federal loan to cover everything you need, and you can consolidate easily and have a low rate. Unfortunately I was a Canadian going to school in the states so I got the shaft royally from Canada and the US in terms of loans.

i've been using Citibank Plus loans for college since I came, they'll usually give you about $2,500 more then your actually tuition+room and board.

When they calculate the level of aid you will receive, they base it on the entire cost of attending school per their calculations. When I went back in '02, that worked out to about 14 grand a year, which included tuition and fees, supplies, housing, food, and whatever other expenses were typical for a college student. But I own my house, ate one meal a day on campus, bought books online, etc. I continued to work at my job which paid all my regular expenses, so in all I spent between 8k and 9k a year on school. Paid off the car, the credit cards, bought a laptop, and so forth with the rest.