Check out the EA sports. I'm looking at it right now for a league I've commished the last few years. It's free for a full blown commished league and looks to have all of the same functionality as sportsline. We've used sportsline for the last few years but will probably switch this year just to get that $130 in the prize pool. If you just set up a free private league, you have no control over rules, scoring system, etc. http://mwww.xosn.com/HomePage.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=70210

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG....did somebody say Fantasy Football? The only thing that I have spent an unearthly time on other than poker for the last 5 years!!!! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!1. Down for $200+2. Payouts to only top 2 isn't best idea...I have tons of leagues and structures that can be looked at.3. Prefer perfomance type league (1 pt 10 yds rush/rec. 1 pt. per catch....etc). Most people play this way anyway....I just won't do a TD only type league.4. Would think drafting is a much better idea closer to season....likely a Sunday draft works for many since many that have shown interest play poker online anyway that day.
Agreed with everything above except I don't care if it's 100+, 200+, whatever.As per line 3, I'd prefer that we really work out the details of the stats in advance because some of the default settings really suck. We've always done decimal points so that 97 yards = 9.7 > 93 yards = 9.2. As for part 4, I assume we're all talking about a live draft and not one where you prerank the players. I hate the preranked ones.Breakdown of starters...In my real life league, we've always done QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, K, DEF. We added an extra WR because they're typically not as valuable as the RBs and it increased their value at draft time. Oh, which brings me to the teams...I think 14 is too many. It really dilutes the talent. If it's 12 or 14, the playoffs should be top 6. That's the biggest advantage you can give to the best regular season teams shy of an actual payout...playoff byes. Lastly, championship game needs to be set for week 14 or 15. Nothing worse than getting to the championship game and having Peyton Manning and Marvin Harrison sit out because the Colts clinched homefield advantage two weeks prior.I don't care who holds the money or whatever. Preferably, there would be at least one person who accepts PayPal since that's the easiest way for me to get money.Also, I may have rambled a bit during this.
I'm in.... I played in 30 leagues last year. 16 of them money leagues. I am down for whatever stakes. Someone please e-mail any details.ryansanders1@gmail.com
:club: you must be pasty.

Ok I couldn't find anyone who has actually made the league yet. I have gone ahead and started the league on yahoo since that seemed to be the concensus.I can be commishioner, but if someone has there heart set on it please let me know and I will transfer over the powers ha.The league will be a 200 buy-in 12 team league - top 6 go to playoffs. top 4 get paid1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 flex wr/rb, 1 te, 1 def, 1 k, 5 benchDraft will be on Sept 2 1:30pm PacificPayments will need to be mailed via mail or paypal before Aug 30th. If payment is not recieved your team will be locked and deleted.I have already set the rules and scoring but these can be changed if everyone agrees.http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/fcpfantasyLeague URL is herePlease e-mail me at ryansanders1@gmail.com or IM me and I will send you the password.Only serious inquiries and people who will play ALL year.I also have msn and aol messangerMSN - ryan_sanders24@hotmail.comAOL - norcoboys24@aol.comLet's play

But your way, the 5% payout teams still lose money.
thanks for the math help..... swI am quite capable of determining that they would still be losing money, but at least those teams would get somethingis the ryansanders league the official one? have we decided all of the details yet?

14 player league = G H E Y10 is optimal, never over 12!And before anyone flames me for me response I have been paying fantasy football since 1989 and been in many league, 14 is not sustainable, just not fair to the person who gets 14th and 15th picks.

14 player league = G H E Y10 is optimal, never over 12!And before anyone flames me for me response I have been paying fantasy football since 1989 and been in many league, 14 is not sustainable, just not fair to the person who gets 14th and 15th picks.
I made the league a 12 person league. 14 is WAY to many. I have played ff for 10 years so I am well versed as well."is the ryansanders league the official one? have we decided all of the details yet? I just made it so we could get things underway. I will give someone else commish if they want it.
Ok I couldn't find anyone who has actually made the league yet. I have gone ahead and started the league on yahoo since that seemed to be the concensus.I can be commishioner, but if someone has there heart set on it please let me know and I will transfer over the powers ha.The league will be a 200 buy-in 12 team league - top 6 go to playoffs. top 4 get paid1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 flex wr/rb, 1 te, 1 def, 1 k, 5 benchDraft will be on Sept 2 1:30pm Pacific
damn count me out if that is draft day. i cant make it on that day.....
Ok I couldn't find anyone who has actually made the league yet. I have gone ahead and started the league on yahoo since that seemed to be the concensus.I can be commishioner, but if someone has there heart set on it please let me know and I will transfer over the powers ha.The league will be a 200 buy-in 12 team league - top 6 go to playoffs. top 4 get paid1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 flex wr/rb, 1 te, 1 def, 1 k, 5 benchDraft will be on Sept 2 1:30pm PacificPayments will need to be mailed via mail or paypal before Aug 30th. If payment is not recieved your team will be locked and deleted.I have already set the rules and scoring but these can be changed if everyone agrees.http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/fcpfantasyLeague URL is herePlease e-mail me at ryansanders1@gmail.com or IM me and I will send you the password.Only serious inquiries and people who will play ALL year.I also have msn and aol messangerMSN - ryan_sanders24@hotmail.comAOL - norcoboys24@aol.comLet's play
we are talking about 2000 dollars + here.. I would feel more comfortable shipping my money to someone who is better known in the community.. that said I think Vick12 would run a good commish because he seems to know what he is talking about.
we are talking about 2000 dollars + here.. I would feel more comfortable shipping my money to someone who is better known in the community.. that said I think Vick12 would run a good commish because he seems to know what he is talking about.
Yeah, I'm in, but I want to feel comfortable with sending my money to someone.

I agree that Yahoo fantasy football should be the venue that we use... Adam do you know how to work the Yahoo draft.. ive done it a few times on yahoo and everything has went perfect... CBS sportsline would be cool because there is different divisions.. if someone wants to step up and make a scoring standard and all that we can get this going so we can set up a draft date.. we will be able to do a later draft date but the longer we wait the less draft times will be available.

Yeah, I'm in, but I want to feel comfortable with sending my money to someone.
Like i said I just started the league so we could get things started. I have no problem giving someone else commish.E-mail me for the pw to the league as it is a private league. Then we can get things underway on the message board there instead of 1000 people here.ryansanders1@gmail.com
I agree that Yahoo fantasy football should be the venue that we use... Adam do you know how to work the Yahoo draft.. ive done it a few times on yahoo and everything has went perfect... CBS sportsline would be cool because there is different divisions.. if someone wants to step up and make a scoring standard and all that we can get this going so we can set up a draft date.. we will be able to do a later draft date but the longer we wait the less draft times will be available.
I have already set a draft time and date. The sunday before the season starts at 1:30 pacific time. CBS format sucks and there server sucks also, that is why it is set up on yahoo.All league details are on the middle of the 2nd page.

Hey all1st...In agreement w/ Hoos, Naismith, Whatarunaa etc...Ryan I am SURE u are a great guy and all, but w/o being a "known/trusted" FCP member I would like someone else to hold the money. If people want me to hold it I am fine with it. I would think Hoosier has a bit more FCP clout than me, so if we want him to hold the $$ I am fine w/ that.2nd....TJ...I have done both Yahoo and CBS. Yahoo is likely better for an online type draft since I don't think we can get more than U, me, and Hoos together for a live draft. So if Ryan has set up a site already, I'm not opposed to using that site.3rd....Commish...again i will do it if that's what makes people comfortable. I think TJ should be the commish since it's his idea, but I have no problem running the league if that is what is wanted by everyone. 4th...I have reconsidered the idea of draft date. I think we are actually better off doing it on an evening during the week. W/ people having other Fantasy drafts etc. on weekends....for an online draft a weeknight is prolly better. I am TOTALLY flexible on this, but I do have a few dates already booked on my end.5th...Naismith I agree on decimal scoring. I didn't want to come across as too anal/nerdy in regards to point scoring...then I remembered I am in a league of POKER PLAYERS who live to exploit small edges and love numbers!I am pretty stoked about this! With guys that I like/respect like Gil, Hoos, What, Nais, Rdog....this could turn into something really good!!!WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE back over 5 leagues again!!!!!!Oh...Happy 1500 posts for me!!!! (Or is this not an anniversary....discuss!)

Hey all1st...In agreement w/ Hoos, Naismith, Whatarunaa etc...Ryan I am SURE u are a great guy and all, but w/o being a "known/trusted" FCP member I would like someone else to hold the money. If people want me to hold it I am fine with it. I would think Hoosier has a bit more FCP clout than me, so if we want him to hold the $$ I am fine w/ that.2nd....TJ...I have done both Yahoo and CBS. Yahoo is likely better for an online type draft since I don't think we can get more than U, me, and Hoos together for a live draft. So if Ryan has set up a site already, I'm not opposed to using that site.3rd....Commish...again i will do it if that's what makes people comfortable. I think TJ should be the commish since it's his idea, but I have no problem running the league if that is what is wanted by everyone. 4th...I have reconsidered the idea of draft date. I think we are actually better off doing it on an evening during the week. W/ people having other Fantasy drafts etc. on weekends....for an online draft a weeknight is prolly better. I am TOTALLY flexible on this, but I do have a few dates already booked on my end.5th...Naismith I agree on decimal scoring. I didn't want to come across as too anal/nerdy in regards to point scoring...then I remembered I am in a league of POKER PLAYERS who live to exploit small edges and love numbers!I am pretty stoked about this! With guys that I like/respect like Gil, Hoos, What, Nais, Rdog....this could turn into something really good!!!WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE back over 5 leagues again!!!!!!Oh...Happy 1500 posts for me!!!! (Or is this not an anniversary....discuss!)
yes please change the draft date the week before would work best for me
Hey all1st...In agreement w/ Hoos, Naismith, Whatarunaa etc...Ryan I am SURE u are a great guy and all, but w/o being a "known/trusted" FCP member I would like someone else to hold the money. If people want me to hold it I am fine with it. I would think Hoosier has a bit more FCP clout than me, so if we want him to hold the $$ I am fine w/ that.2nd....TJ...I have done both Yahoo and CBS. Yahoo is likely better for an online type draft since I don't think we can get more than U, me, and Hoos together for a live draft. So if Ryan has set up a site already, I'm not opposed to using that site.3rd....Commish...again i will do it if that's what makes people comfortable. I think TJ should be the commish since it's his idea, but I have no problem running the league if that is what is wanted by everyone. 4th...I have reconsidered the idea of draft date. I think we are actually better off doing it on an evening during the week. W/ people having other Fantasy drafts etc. on weekends....for an online draft a weeknight is prolly better. I am TOTALLY flexible on this, but I do have a few dates already booked on my end.5th...Naismith I agree on decimal scoring. I didn't want to come across as too anal/nerdy in regards to point scoring...then I remembered I am in a league of POKER PLAYERS who live to exploit small edges and love numbers!I am pretty stoked about this! With guys that I like/respect like Gil, Hoos, What, Nais, Rdog....this could turn into something really good!!!WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE back over 5 leagues again!!!!!!Oh...Happy 1500 posts for me!!!! (Or is this not an anniversary....discuss!)I can be commish.. doesnt matter to me.

K...so TJ u can be Commish....I can be Secretary (unless we want Hoos and that's fine too)

ok here are the settings.. let me know waht you guys think and I can adjust them .. as for the money.. ship 200 to Vick and once you ship the 200 you will get the password and link to join the league... vick whats your stars name??

Draft Type: Live Draft Draft Time: Wed Aug 29 5:30pm CDT [ Add to My Calendar ] Max Teams: 12 Scoring Type: Head-to-Head Start Scoring on: Week 1 Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports Max Moves: No maximum Max Trades: No maximum Trade Reject Time: 2 Trade End Date: November 16, 2007 Trade Review: League Votes Waiver Time: 2 days Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules Playoffs: Week 14, 15 and 16 (6 teams) Roster Positions: QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN Stat Categories: Passing Yards (25 yards per point)Passing Touchdowns (6)Interceptions (-2)Rushing Yards (10 yards per point)Rushing Touchdowns (6)Receptions (1)Reception Yards (10 yards per point)Reception Touchdowns (6)Return Touchdowns (6)2-Point Conversions (2)Fumbles Lost (-2)Offensive Fumble Return TD (6)Field Goals 0-19 Yards (3)Field Goals 20-29 Yards (3)Field Goals 30-39 Yards (3)Field Goals 40-49 Yards (4)Field Goals 50+ Yards (6)Point After Attempt Made (1)Sack (1)Interception (2)Fumble Recovery (2)Touchdown (6)Safety (2)Block Kick (2)Points Allowed 0 points (14)Points Allowed 1-6 points (7)Points Allowed 7-13 points (4)Points Allowed 14-20 points (1)Points Allowed 21-27 points (0)Points Allowed 28-34 points (-1)Points Allowed 35+ points (-4) Fractional Points: Yes Negative Points: Yes