Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.05/$0.108 playersConverterStack sizes:Hero: $37.95UTG+1: $8.80MP1: $29.05MP2: $3.70CO: $2.05Button: $10.20SB: $9.80BB: $11.05Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is UTG with T :D T :club:Hero raises to $0.3, UTG+1 folds, MP1 raises to $1, 5 folds, Hero calls.Flop: 4 :) 8 :) 3 :D ($2.15, 2 players)Hero checks, MP1 bets $1.3, Hero calls.Turn: 2 :D ($4.75, 2 players)Hero bets $3.2, MP1 calls.River: Q :D ($11.15, 2 players)Hero checks, MP1 bets $14.9, Hero folds.Uncalled bets: $14.9 returned to MP1.Results:Final pot: $11.15This guy has reraised me pf about 3 other times in the last half hour. I haven't been able to call each time for situational reasons, so he probably thinks my preflop raising range is little weak (it usually is) and may be reraising me light. He hasn't done anything really out of line that I remember and we have been playing with each other for a couple hours at this point. Seems somewhat solid, although I have seen him in there in raised pots with small suited connectors, one gappers, and two gappers. So he's not a nit. And he has had a tendency to be both aggressive and trappy. Don't remember seeing the huge overbet on the river though. Anybody play this different?

i hate the c/c line on the flop, i would go ahead and c/r it and find out if he's got me beatas played, bet the river, if you felt like you had the best hand on the turn, which it seems you did, a queen will not usually beat you...i would make a small value bet, something like $2.75, hoping to get called by 9-9 or A-K

i hate the c/c line on the flop, i would go ahead and c/r it and find out if he's got me beatas played, bet the river, if you felt like you had the best hand on the turn, which it seems you did, a queen will not usually beat you...i would make a small value bet, something like $2.75, hoping to get called by 9-9 or A-K
I didn't bet the turn thinking that I had the best hand. I bet it in leui of the check raise on the flop. Like a stop and go play. And the queen is bad because it takes away one more hand that i can beat: a :club: q :D . On the river there are two hands i can beat that I can see, AK or 99. Everything else beats me. Am I wrong in this thinking?
I didn't bet the turn thinking that I had the best hand. I bet it in leui of the check raise on the flop. Like a stop and go play. And the queen is bad because it takes away one more hand that i can beat: a :club: q :D . On the river there are two hands i can beat that I can see, AK or 99. Everything else beats me. Am I wrong in this thinking?
Your opponent probably isn't going to read it as anything but a stab at the pot, rather than any kind of stength. With 88-JJ, you might want to play a little stronger preflop and bet the flop, dependant on texture. As it is, you're left with little or no information on the true value of villain's hand, other than he's likely drawing at something like a flush and/or an overpair.
Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.05/$0.108 playersConverterStack sizes:Hero: $37.95UTG+1: $8.80MP1: $29.05MP2: $3.70CO: $2.05Button: $10.20SB: $9.80BB: $11.05Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is UTG with T :D T :club:Hero raises to $0.3, UTG+1 folds, MP1 raises to $1, 5 folds, Hero calls.Flop: 4 :) 8 :) 3 :D ($2.15, 2 players)Hero checks, MP1 bets $1.3, Hero calls.Turn: 2 :D ($4.75, 2 players)Hero bets $3.2, MP1 calls.River: Q :D ($11.15, 2 players)Hero checks, MP1 bets $14.9, Hero folds.Uncalled bets: $14.9 returned to MP1.Results:Final pot: $11.15This guy has reraised me pf about 3 other times in the last half hour. I haven't been able to call each time for situational reasons, so he probably thinks my preflop raising range is little weak (it usually is) and may be reraising me light. He hasn't done anything really out of line that I remember and we have been playing with each other for a couple hours at this point. Seems somewhat solid, although I have seen him in there in raised pots with small suited connectors, one gappers, and two gappers. So he's not a nit. And he has had a tendency to be both aggressive and trappy. Don't remember seeing the huge overbet on the river though. Anybody play this different?
Has this player shown down any hands he's rereaised with preflop? I'm guessing your facing an overpair. I'm thinking QQ because of his redic overbet on the river that he probably wanted you to think of as a bluff. Who knows though with no information about his betting patterns? I'd watch players more closely about their re-raise hands and betting patterns.I'd probably play this hand by betting out at the flop and seeing how they react to the bet. Granted this is internet poker and you cant see their reaction but if they raise I'm thinking youre beat unless this player would make a flop raise with two high cards representing a big pair. Even if he is capable of representing a big pair without one just give him credit and find a better spot as you can really only be beating a bluff.
i don't like the thinking on the flop and turn here...imo taking control on the flop is MUCH better than c/c on the flop and then lead the turn, because you could allow a scare card to come off on the turn and maybe you've just allowed yourself to get outdrawn...now a good card came off, and you got called, and now you really don't know where you standhowever, by c/r on the flop, if he re-raises you it's an easy fold, and if he calls you keep leading at the turn and try to get some value, since he will then have told you that he was drawing...now you have no idea what his range might be and when the scare card comes off at the river and he makes that bet you have to just give it up without ever having a clue where he stood in the hand