He called with the other hand. He's raising here. HUGE difference. If we call, we're banking on the fact that he raised without the A, becuase if he has ti, we're screwed. I don't know what "sucking out chances" you're really talking about here. We have 3 outs to win the pot and 3 to tie.
we also tie on any runner-runner pair, or runner-runner > his A-rag, that being said i prob fold and wait and take his money bit by bit, assuming he is as much a calling station as the first hand suggests

Wow, I'm pretty staggered by the statements that folding is out of the question. I fold this hand pretty quick. First hand suggests he's a brain-dead donkey calling station. Second hand? In my experience brain-dead donkey calling stations are unlikely to raise with anything but very strong hands. If he had air but wanted to play, he'd call down just as he did the previous hand. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he has A6 or 66. Many of his other holdings, we're hoping for a chop or a 3-outer. Donkey calling stations get dealt good hands at the same frequency that everyone else does, so why not get our money in when we're more sure about our situation and dictating the action, rather than hoping for a chop?

How can we advocate folding for 14 dollars?? Did you read the first hand? If he only needed 10 high to call bets, do you think he needs much more to raise a bet? Small PP are possible, a 6 is possible, even KQ or something like that is possible. Of course he may have the case A with a better kicker, but combined with the other possibilities+sucking out chances there is no way he can fold this.
the kind of player to call down with 10 high is often not the kind of player to get crazy with the raising. you all make this mistake all the time in your reasoning that a bad player is bad in every which way and capable of anything and everything. this is almost never the case. we're not folding for 14 dollars. we're folding getting like 2.2 to 1. dollar amounts aint got nothing to do with nothing. but this is just the flop. you think you're just gonna call here and be done with it? the more i think about this calling here is really insane. if he is crazy you'll notice it within a few more hands and you'll be able to pick him off in a thin spot latter. even if he did this every time he had trips or better and every time he had a flush draw and you knew this you'd probably still lose money by calling.
the kind of player to call down with 10 high is often not the kind of player to get crazy with the raising. you all make this mistake all the time in your reasoning that a bad player is bad in every which way and capable of anything and everything. this is almost never the case.
Seconded. I see this rationale all the time here. "The player called with crap, therefore he is capable of raising with crap." Does not compute! That's not how they think. When they have crap and are calling down with 10 high, they're thinking, "Hmm, I bet if I caught a 9 or a 10, I might be ahead", and therefore call down.It's noteworthy that the donkey did not call a river bet in the first hand - it went check-check, and I don't doubt that if there had been a river bet, he would have finally folded his 10 high. It's also noteworthy that he actually probably did have a very good chance of stealing that first pot with a river bet, but failed to take it. The UTG player in that hand only had a pair of 5's, and with a K on the board, was all but announcing that the pot was up for grabs with his river check. Our donkey failed to make that bet, which is a strong indication that he's not the sort of player who is looking to push people off of pots when he doesn't have it. He is clearly not a maniac, and in fact just missed an opportunity to snag a pot that was essentially up for grabs.His raise here means strength; I'd be very surprised if we're not desperately hoping for a chop when the money gets in. Fold.

I think it's probably a fold, usually these low limit people play very passive until they hit nut or near nut hands and then they raise. This looks to be like one of those players from the 1.5 hands I've seen :club:

I don't think we're going to get much more discussion on this, so here's what happened...I folded, showing the ace and saying, "Do you have that beat?" He instantly said, "I have the better hand" while mucking, which makes me pretty certain I folded the winner. Who knows, though. I think folding there is the right play.

Okay, this is the second hand of the day for everyone at the table.The game is 1/2 NL with a 100 max/min buy. It sucks.Here's the action of the first hand:UTG limps. CO limps. My buddy in the SB completes. I check the BB with something. Flop:K-5-2, rainbow.UTG bets. CO calls. Turn:K-5-2-4UTG bets. CO calls.River is a blank. Check, check. UTG shows A5. CO shows 9-10.Now, onto my hand which immediately followed that one.I have A3 on the small blind. Same old guy that was the CO in the first hand limps in.Flop:A-A-6 with two diamonds.I bet out 6. Folds around to the old man who makes it 20.Hero...?
I can't see him limping with the ace-rag preflop, and I don't put him on an ace. Furthermore, with the structure you're playing at, it simply doesn't make sense for you to fold here. The 1/2 with 100 max buy-in isn't a game with a lot of play, it's a short-stacked game where doubling up or even getting up to 300 is the real aim, since you can pick your fights and go for the more fancy moves at that stage. No matter what, it's very hard to play against the maniacs that frequent these stakes and I can appreciate how tough a spot it is.My firm decision is to raise all-in; you won't get many opportunities like this in this particular game...I've folded 3-of-a-kind, low kicker in the past but to an excellent player who I was able to place on the better hand; with such opposition with such a table structure you're compelled to call.
I don't think we're going to get much more discussion on this, so here's what happened...I folded, showing the ace and saying, "Do you have that beat?" He instantly said, "I have the better hand" while mucking, which makes me pretty certain I folded the winner.
why would that lead you to think that?curious as i don't play much live.

Not to beat a dead horse here, but I'm playing with a lot of donks lately after having lost most of my online bankroll. I've seen donkeys similar to this take this line with a hand like kk or even 1010 that they limped in preflop with and now think is such a good hand that its worth raising with, but they don't really have it figured out when they should raise with it. Honestly, I don't think I could fold this hand.

:club: thanks.I didn't mean I couldn't fold it ever. Just not in this spot.
if you cant fold it in this spot, then please tell me where you can.look at the stack and pot sizes? do you realize how often you need to be ahead here? dont forget that he will often have outs against you here, which means you need to be ahead even more often. also take into account that its going to be hard to play this hand without playing for your whole stack.

I'm pretty firmly in the fold camp. Yeah, it's always a pain to have to fold trips, but this is the situation to do it. We're not getting odds to continue and we're very very often WB. For those of you advocating raising all-in...you expect to lay that terrible price and get called by what? This hand becomes much more interesting/difficult if we've got something like A8.To sum up...fold > WA/WB > raise

I'm pretty firmly in the fold camp. Yeah, it's always a pain to have to fold trips, but this is the situation to do it. We're not getting odds to continue and we're very very often WB. For those of you advocating raising all-in...you expect to lay that terrible price and get called by what? This hand becomes much more interesting/difficult if we've got something like A8.To sum up...fold > WA/WB > raise
Meh, Never mind. Old men play any ace.
if you cant fold it in this spot, then please tell me where you can.look at the stack and pot sizes? do you realize how often you need to be ahead here? dont forget that he will often have outs against you here, which means you need to be ahead even more often. also take into account that its going to be hard to play this hand without playing for your whole stack.
Against almost anyone else in almost any other situation. Seriously, this is purely situational, but against this guy, who has shown me that he's close to brain dead I just can't give him credit for a hand that beats mine all the time. Not even most of the time. Seriously, the guy has shown that he doesn't understand what his calling standards should be post flop and now we give him credit for having good raising standards? I've seen too many people who play this poorly turn over 88 in this spot. If he's got me beat, oh well. I'm just giving him more money that I can expect to get back later. Yeah its a marginal situation, but I just can't see us being behind often enough to justify just dumping it here. Not to mention the fact that we're definitely getting paid off if we're ahead, which, IMO is a lot of the time.