There's a joke here about not trying to bluff Dave, even with a gun, because he'll call you down. I'm not sure what it is. :club:
Thats ****ing hilarious.I hope everything turns out good for you Dave. Hurry back to the tables~
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Echoing Acid's thoughts, the title of this post is like a dead baby joke: shocking, tasteless, yet funny. But man, that's intense. I'm glad that you're doing well, Dave... heal up soon.

Dave let me take a pic of his gorgeous face today. It's much better since the swelling went down.101_0840.jpg
It's an improvement. JK. The bird is a nice touch -- as is the blood center T-shirt ... put it in the family album. BTW, Dave, you can make more money, but you only have one life .. just so you know ... trading your life for $ is -EV IMHO
Dave let me take a pic of his gorgeous face today. It's much better since the swelling went down.
I would have hated to see him yesterday if the swelling has gone down in that pic.
I would have hated to see him yesterday if the swelling has gone down in that pic.
Yep. He looked like the elephant man.
Glad you're OK, dude. Otherwise I would've had only these other chumps to listen to.
If I wasn't such a chump I might be offended by that remark.

Oh My God, this is unbelievable!Dave, I'm so glad to hear that you're doing well! Recover fast so I can continue reading your poker advice. Who's going to do all the math and statistical analysis around here when you're gone?Nikki, we're all very glad that you're around to take care of David and make sure that he heals well. Thank you for being very strong and helpful during what I'm sure is a very difficult time.ps. Am I the only one who didn't know that David N. was married to Nikki N?

Good luck on a speedy recovery. Holy **** that's a bad beat.As has already been said, it's a good thing the villain hit his gutshot on the second barrel, because he could very well have hit the nuts if he was forced to triple-barrel.It's always a bad idea to try to bluff into a villain immediately after he gave you a bad beat: he is less likely to back off and more likely to put you to a decision for your tournament life.

OK, I have to include some strategy so Zach doesn't move this thread.Table is very aggressive. Hero has A :D A :club: in the SB.Button straddles for 10.PreflopHero limps for 10. BB calls. UTG calls. MP folds. CO calls. Button checks. Flop (50)2 :D 5 :D 8 :spade:Villains hold up the joint, kick the players' butts, and steal everyone's money.Hero ?

Oh My God, this is unbelievable!Dave, I'm so glad to hear that you're doing well! Recover fast so I can continue reading your poker advice. Who's going to do all the math and statistical analysis around here when you're gone?Nikki, we're all very glad that you're around to take care of David and make sure that he heals well. Thank you for being very strong and helpful during what I'm sure is a very difficult time.ps. Am I the only one who didn't know that David N. was married to Nikki N?
I think a lot of people know, but I'm sure you aren't the only one who reads strat that hasn't figured that out, yet. Yep, he's my man. I'm a very lucky girl.
OK, I have to include some strategy so Zach doesn't move this thread.Table is very aggressive. Hero has A :D A :club: in the SB.Button straddles for 10.PreflopHero limps for 10. BB calls. UTG calls. MP folds. CO calls. Button checks. Flop (50)2 :D 5 :D 8 :spade:Villains hold up the joint, kick the players' butts, and steal everyone's money.Hero ?
Normally, in this situation, I recommend staying on the ground and acquiescing to any monetary demands made by the villain, but in my home game, we don't normally play with a straddle.With the straddle and given that the table is described as "aggressive", I would be a little more uncertain as to what I would do. This would definitely be read-dependant.1) If there is a table captain, wait for him to make a move, and then follow through as a group.2) If you are the table captain, I may just play it exactly as you did, but only if my opponents would respect my moves and back me up.3) If you think you might be on your own, then I suggest opening for 35 into the pot of 50 and let everyone else worry about the distractions. After all, with them all distracted by the person on the rail with the gun, they probably aren't playing their best poker. Their chip stacks will be easy pickings.
I think a lot of people know, but I'm sure you aren't the only one who reads strat that hasn't figured that out, yet. Yep, he's my man. I'm a very lucky girl.
Yeah I had no clue until this thread either.
Raise Preflop. Bet the flop. Shovel if raised.I guess these weren't the only bullets that gave you trouble that night, though.(Sorry, everyone else was making poker jokes)

Results:Hero rivers the nuts.It's seems a little sick that the dealer rabbit-hunted after he got back home.I can't imagine myself not doing it, though.

Raise Preflop. Bet the flop. Shovel if raised.I guess these weren't the only bullets that gave you trouble that night, though.(Sorry, everyone else was making poker jokes)
It really is sad how many poker jokes apply to your situation. Maybe its just that we are all really, really, mentally sick.Pffft, whatever.
Villains hold up the joint, kick the players' butts, and steal everyone's money.Hero ?
... nice addition to your avatar... recall making some kind of a connection between Dave and Nikki a while back... you got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em ... know when to walk away, know when to run

More proof that a good poker face, concealing/controlling your emotions > talking too much and getting steamed.There really are a billion poker analogies to this. Glad you're okay so we can make fun. :club:

Bullet enters David:101_0843.jpgBullet exits David:101_0841.jpgBullet enters wall:bullet_exits_wall.jpgBullet exits wall:bullet_enters_wall.jpgBullet enters washing machine:bullet_enters_washing_machine.jpgNine millimeter round was recovered in the washing machine.

Other interesting developments:

• Disappointed with their cash haul, the robbers started collecting valuables from the home in a bag. Among these valuable is a case of Sprite. However, they left two laptops (including mine) on the table.
  • Police recovered my wallet and some of the contents (including $280 in cash) in the yard.