• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I thought 1/2 would be easy, but I didn't think it would be this easy. Guess I'll move up full-time tomorrow.12ezsn2.jpgNote: Just one another BI on my one 1/2 table while I was loading this image. Up $2,150 there now.

Wow, I thought 1/2 would be easy, but I didn't think it would be this easy. Guess I'll move up full-time tomorrow.12ezsn2.jpgNote: Just one another BI on my one 1/2 table while I was loading this image. Up $2,150 there now.
OMG.
10 buy-ins in 150 hands? is that possible??wowAlright outski'sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeitalyaments.
When you are walking on the streets ALWAYS keep one of your hands on your wallet or bag , purse whatever. Otherwise they will be gone before even you notice.Oh yeah , eat a lot drink a lot and have fun.

Good day yesterday, played tourneys all day. Came 13th in a $109 freezout, then came 4th in the $50 $50k freezout on Stars for $3k+. I think I played pretty well, and did a LOT of stealing and restealing (at one point at the final table I opened with J3 and took the blinds then opened J4 the next hand...obviously I got repopped). Anyways it's a good thing I was so aggressive cuz I was massively card dead from 2 tables down. I got to about 250k chips maybe 20-handed and then didn't really get up to much over 300k until we were 5-handed and I doubled. Only big hand I had at the ft was JJ when I was short (luckily I got called that time and not when I pushed my T7o or J9s). I got AK once and repopped and took it. I reraised the same guy also with A7 and KQ, and then he busted me AIPF for the chiplead 4 handed. What do you guys think? The whole table was filled with lagtards (including Sheets who went out about 7th), so it was pretty interesting. This guy was very aggressive the whole way, and like I said in the last 40 or so hands I had repopped him 3 times, twice all in when I had 300-350k, and once I reraised him when I had 600k (he folded all three). Poker StarsNo Limit Holdem TournamentBlinds: t15000/t30000(Ante: t3000)4 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: t670250Hero: t594533SB: t857787BB: t802430Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is Button with 5 :club: 5 :DUTG raises to t75000, Hero raises to t211500, 2 folds, UTG raises all-in t667250, Hero calls all-in t380033.

Sidenote: I bought some Law & Order dvds the other day cuz that show is awesome. I probably watched 8 episodes during those tourneys yesterday, and I have no idea what happened in about 7 of them.

Sidenote: I bought some Law & Order dvds the other day cuz that show is awesome. I probably watched 8 episodes during those tourneys yesterday, and I have no idea what happened in about 7 of them.
I love L&O.I do the same thing though, while I play. I toss on DVDs in the background.

Well, better late than never. I've been on a hiatus the last two months and am finally playing again, but I have no roll, so my goals are meager. I hope you folks don't mind if I post them here. I figure the best way to get better and make some money is to emulate those who are better than me, so I'm here.I have $30.22 on Stars and $43.75 on FTP. Goal for the month is to play 1k hands per day and run at 2BB/100 at .05/.10 on Stars, and turn that $30.22 into $60 so I can move up to .10/.20. I'll only be playing today and tomorrow, then I'm off to Vegas til the 19th, but I hope to play every day the end of the month and get in 15k hands.Goal for Vegas is to have fun and break even or better. No live bankroll to speak of, but bringing $800 bucks to gamble with.

I love L&O.I do the same thing though, while I play. I toss on DVDs in the background.
Exactly why I bought a 22" monitor a couple of weeks ago. One 17" laptop screen isn't enough.
I AM SOOOO SICK OF CRIME DRAMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(it is all my girlfriend forces me to watch, that and stand up comedy) :shoots self in face icon:
FYP2

Blarg, got deep in a couple tournies yesterday, came 20th of 1100 in a $50 freezout, but lost when I isolated a shortstack push with AQ from the SB and BB woke up with AK :club:. Later I got deep in another $50 freezout and made a HUGE comeback from being down to 1k chips at 800/1600 all the way back to 70k like 20 minutes later, then I blew it all on a horrible bluff.

20 hours for me too. I still have goals though, just slacking...good think i'm running goot. Up over 4k CAD so far and my goal is 6k-8k...

Well, good news/bad news on the BR management front. The bad news is that I started taking shots at 2/4 PLO before I was really ready sitting down when I had 18 BI or so just because there weren't a lot of good 1/2 games. Then, I stayed when the person with direct position on me had me covered for $1,200 just because he was a huge donk.The good news is that when I proceeded to lose $1,200 to him in one pot where I got it in good with KKds all-in preflop (don't ask), my reaction wasn't to move up and chase my losses but rather to immediately quit playing poker for the day and not go back to 2/4 until I was completely rolled for it. So yeah, I'm taking a day or two off. My roll's still safely north of $5,000 but significantly smaller than the $8,000 it was at ever so briefly earlier today.

Mid month update.I'm a bit behind my hand goal. I've played 9,185 hands over 11 days. So, I'm 2k behind. Meh. Not really motivated to play right now. Won $200 quickly tonight, so I think I may take it off, and come back tomorrow.I'm running very well at 3/6, but getting raped at 5/10+ as usual.In all, up ~$1900 over 11 days. I hope I can keep this up for the next 20 days, and have a $6k month. Would be sweet.Gotta remotivate myself to put in the hands though. In the long run, it's -EV for me to be sitting here at 3/6 for a long time. I need to get to 5/10 and 10/20 as quickly as possible.

Gah, played a ton of tournies today and broke even basically. I guess that's not a bad day of tournies (anything other than a big win is usually a loss). Cashed a few of them, nothing notable except a 17th in a ten rebuy...tried a crazy steal with rags and 2 limpers in front of me, and ended up with 2 callers :club:.

Well, good news/bad news on the BR management front. The bad news is that I started taking shots at 2/4 PLO before I was really ready sitting down when I had 18 BI or so just because there weren't a lot of good 1/2 games. Then, I stayed when the person with direct position on me had me covered for $1,200 just because he was a huge donk.The good news is that when I proceeded to lose $1,200 to him in one pot where I got it in good with KKds all-in preflop (don't ask), my reaction wasn't to move up and chase my losses but rather to immediately quit playing poker for the day and not go back to 2/4 until I was completely rolled for it. So yeah, I'm taking a day or two off. My roll's still safely north of $5,000 but significantly smaller than the $8,000 it was at ever so briefly earlier today.
good stuff man. seriously, keep up the good work
I'm a bit behind my hand goal. I've played 9,185 hands over 11 days. So, I'm 2k behind. Meh. Not really motivated to play right now.
heh, I've been worse, I'm not sure if I've even gotte in 6K hands. I'm feeling you on the motivation, it just isn't there right now for me. Of course, not running decent this month has a bit to do with it, but really, I'm having a hard time even wanting to put in a 1K hand day right now, which is annoying, because I know that I should be doing at least 1500 a day and more like 2K

Put in a semi-drunken SHLO8 session the other night. How's this for fun: +.5 BB at 8/16, +25 BB at 3/6, and -102 BB at 2/4. Low-level limit eats me.Took a couple of days off before playing some 3/6 and 5/10 NLHE today. Pretty much got smacked...to the tune of about $4.2k. I actually wasn't sweating it too much until my first orbit or two in the 5/10 game. Raised with 66, got a few callers, flopped 963 w/ two hearts, I bet $80, SB check-raised all-in for $1k (seriously...who does this?), flipped Th7h, Turn x, River 8.Oh, and on the topic of Jeanine Deeb (who I mentioned meeting during my June in Vegas)...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Jp6v8PqLPI