revising my goals.40 - 60k hands of hu play...15-30k profit..not sure what i shold expect here since i'm going up limits to 2/4nl and don't relaly know waht to expect, win rate wise...stil lmixing in 1/2...so meh, we'll see.win the 2.5k ftopsthat's allship- Jordan

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Final July results: I think I lost a fair bit in tourneys - didn't really have any significant wins to speak of, although I did get deep a number of times and (sometimes) thought I was playing well. Final SNG stats:9-manjuly9.png45-manjuly45.pngIf it weren't for a terrible downswing this past weekend it would have been a much better month. August is off to an iffy start. Haven't played much the last 3 days, but I did manage to take 3rd place in a PLO mtt for $750 yesterday. It was ok just cuz I haven't played PLO much recently and I'd forgotten how well I do in the tourneys, but at one point I had about half the chips in play 4-handed and managed to donk out in 3rd. FWIW I did have 1 of my opponents AIPF 3-handed with a 70-30 favorite (yes there are 70/30s in PLO), but obviously he sucked out. My goal for August is to win a lot of money. I've taken a break from sngs for a few days just because I was running incredibly badly and probably started to tilt, but I'm certainly going to get back into them, maybe move down to the $30 games for a day or 2 to get my confidence back up. And as far as tourneys, I'm due baby!

MMM thought i had recognized ur name at 2/4 on stars. Maybe ill run into u at tstone.
Heh, not that comfy at that level yet. I'm assuming it was really easy to pop me.I'm only playing with 5 buyins or so at 2/4, if they go bye bye then I'm settling back into 1/2. I'll be at Turning Stone for the weekend (Events #1 and #3) with zimmer, possibly more if I do well. If u wanna meet up, PM your celly and I'll check in on ya.Zach; I told u LHE was the devil.

So played a home game last night... .05/.10 blinds just friends goofing off.Staddle pot I get J7 :D and raise under the gun to .75 and get 4 callers, flop is 458 two :D I bet, $2 get raised by another guy, caller in the middle, I push for $15 on top first person lays down there hand and I get snap called by K :club: 6 :D and I brick.I know it was a small pot but I dunno if I have ever been sooo steamed....steaming is much easier without the nugz

It was on AP...When did Rama hands start autoimporting into PT?:club:
No dumbass, I meant i'd stake you if you played in the 25/50 at Rama.
Amazing post Iggy.Jordan, I'm jealous:)Royal, how high do the NL/LHE games at Rama go up to?
The NL game is 2-5NL with 500 max buy-in. limit they spread 20/40 regularily or if it gets short handed, they spread 25/50
So, this was last night around 4 am, so I consider it a great start to my August.2550rk2.jpg
Zach, was that live or online?
Zach was meaning it is obviously online because he has a PT screenshot of the results./shrug
August Goals1/ GET MONEY ONTO FULLTILT. I'm not even joking. I'm so goddamn lazy and I need to get organised.
I'm getting close. I've withdrawn from Mansion, and I've put in a bank transfer to Neteller. That'll take a day or two, but I feel like I'm finally getting somewhere.

I don't normally do these goals/results things, but this month, I'm making one simple goal:1) Get a 4-figure cash in a tournament or SnG.It's time baby, I've been dinking around too long.

Nice inauspicious start to the month...Yesterday...2/4 NL...AA in MP, limper, I raise to $16, SB re-raises to $64, limper folds, I call...Flop 963r....he bets $100, I shove for $340, he calls w/ KK...Turn x...River KToday...6 STTs (mostly $100s), 3 MTTs...one cash (2nd in an STT)...billion bubbles...AA<AK, TT<88, can't dodge a bare draw to save my life, etc.So tired of running bad. :club:

good start of the month for me :club:.Only played 500 hands of 2/4 NL the first 2 days (3 hours) and am up over 2k. Thats almost 1/2 the profit i made in july playing 200NL.weeeeeeee.Gabe.

So tired of running bad. :club:
Dude, are u playing fulltime hours?maybe this sounds a bit "crazy".. hell ok, it is crazy, but still.. in the back of my mind, i believe.I watched the Documentary "the secret" its also a book. about positive thinking, good vibes type shiit.anyways, coincidence or not, I was running bad, like always getting sucked out on. and hating playing. After watching that, and quiting my job, and playing fulltime this summer, i've been thinking positive, and playing strong, and running good. Or so it feels. So when i feel like i'm playing good, I also think I'm running good. does that make sense?
Dude, are u playing fulltime hours?
Averaged 4 hours per day in July...usually 3-4 tabling.I'm not sure that you understand. I approach every session fully prepared to win. I know that I'm perfectly capable of it, and I continue to play "well" even when it starts to downturn. Obviously, I make some mistakes, but generally, I read pretty decently.I mean, I really can't complain too much. My luck's the same as everyone's in the long run. Just a matter of being kind of crappy the past couple of months. I'm not experiencing monster losses per se...just steady losses and break evens aside from the occasional big tourny score. I'm sure that 90% of players with my run could've lost a lot more.

Played a little bit tonight, continued to run god-awful in sngs and mtts, and decided to play some NLHE ring for the first time in awhile. Won about $300 at $1/2 to put me even for the night :club: .

So because I wasn't sure how much poker I would get in this month, I didn't set any goals.I have been running really poorly, but also playing bad, and I know it. I usually don't have a problem when I get bad beat'd or cooler'd, cause I know it is part of the game and I was playing well. However, I have had some pretty decent loses in the past few weeks, and I have consistently regretting a lot of my play and know I am not playing my best. I do have a problem with this but it has just led to stupid tilt issues and more bad play (something that is very rare for me).At this point I wasn't really sure what to do. I know I can beat this level (2/4nl), but I also know I need a mental refocus. Something needs to change. I wasn't sure if this meant dropping down limits or what. At this point it is not 100% a roll issue (though it could be soon) and I think I am capable of blowing cash at a lower limit too. A lot of people would play another game for a bit, but I'm a one trick pony (NLH). Anyways, a friend of mine suggested something I hadn't even crossed my mind and I think it is simply genius: SNG's While I am a awful tourney donk, I have always crushed these things pretty well (9man sng's), and even have me a shark icon on sharkscope :club: . In fact since I started tracking on my spreadsheet I have a 35% ROI. (very small sample size, 200ish). However, I haven't played any for awhile now as I have focused on cash games for the last 6 months or so.OH!, I have a point too! Well two. First off, I'm gonna reset my month goal to just playing sng's profitably. And secondly, while I am sure it has been mentioned a brazillion times on the forum before, I haven't really paid attention and my bankroll as changed a bit since I was last playing any sng's. Couple questions:What is a standard sng bankroll management when it comes into how many buy-in's you should have??How does the play differ in the $50, $100, $200 levels? Is there a spot when they really get tougher?Pokerstars or Full Tilt?

So I totally just realized I ****ed up my graphs up there.I fixed it to include the BB graph.I also realized that I didn't have a 500 BB downswing. I had a 400 BB downswing. For some reason, I included the 100 BBs I dusted off at 0.02/0.04 nutbarring. That **** don't count.

whining:so the 2nd i was booking another solid day. was up 2.2k...a total DONK i'm playing at 2/4 wants to jump stakes, so i'm like sure, 5/10...he proceeds to win his money back, and when i finally get my stack to 2.2k, to his 3k, he sits out. sigh.our time at 5/10 included him oversetting me, and many other gems. he played so bad i had to pay him off in a few spots i usually fold, but wow...it was just so freaking standard that when we jump stakes the guy just starts running amazingly and blah.really annoyed...so my day turned into a 150$ profit. lol.--im really beating 400nl well right now. up 15 buy-ins after like, 5.6kish hands...so hopefully that keeps going.if i can keep a 10ptbb/100 winrate for 40k hands that will be 80 buy-ins, and that will be very sexy.- Jordan

so after starting the first 2 days being up 2k+ in 2/4NL, I ran horribly bad today and lost 1700 today. :club: , 1200 pot 2 outed after AI after flop. set over set, i'm middle set they're lower set, they turn quads and that 800+ pot. And a million other things going wrong. very frustrated. very unpleased.

my month so far at 400nl (missing a big hand that is being sent to me, so i'm actually up another buy-in)august03.jpgstill "sighing" at the 5/10 hu match last night.bleh.still a good start to the month.- Jordan

Weeeeeeeeeeee I just came 2nd in a $109 freezout for $5.8k. Made up losses for the week plus added like 40% to my bankroll. Got heads up vs papadoc after he knocked out like 5 people in 10 minutes and took all the chips. I've seriously been running just sooooo terribly before tonight, losing with aa and especially running into aa at an alarming rate. But early in this tourney I had 4 people stack off to me basically bluffing which gave me a huge stack, and I went from there. The funny thing is that I was doing so crappy in my other games that I tried to unregister from this tourney, but it was starting in 7 minutes so I was too late and had to play. :)Final hand:PokerStars Game #11301659956: Tournament #56616809, $100+$9 Hold'em No Limit - Level XIX (4000/8000) - 2007/08/04 - 06:05:47 (ET)Table '56616809 13' 9-max Seat #2 is the buttonSeat 2: TimWakefield (165842 in chips) Seat 5: PaPaDoC719 (926158 in chips) TimWakefield: posts the ante 800PaPaDoC719: posts the ante 800TimWakefield: posts small blind 4000PaPaDoC719: posts big blind 8000*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to TimWakefield [Kd Kh]TimWakefield said, "was kidding about chop obv"TimWakefield: calls 4000PaPaDoC719: raises 24000 to 32000TimWakefield: raises 133042 to 165042 and is all-inPaPaDoC719: calls 133042*** FLOP *** [8d 5c 9h]*** TURN *** [8d 5c 9h] [7s]*** RIVER *** [8d 5c 9h 7s] [Ts]*** SHOW DOWN ***PaPaDoC719: shows [6h Ac] (a straight, Six to Ten)TimWakefield: shows [Kd Kh] (a pair of Kings)TimWakefield said, "rigged gg"PaPaDoC719 said, "gg"PaPaDoC719 collected 331684 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 331684 | Rake 0 Board [8d 5c 9h 7s Ts]Seat 2: TimWakefield (button) (small blind) showed [Kd Kh] and lost with a pair of KingsSeat 5: PaPaDoC719 (big blind) showed [6h Ac] and won (331684) with a straight, Six to Ten

Weeeeeeeeeeee I just came 2nd in a $109 freezout for $5.8k. Made up losses for the week plus added like 40% to my bankroll. Got heads up vs papadoc after he knocked out like 5 people in 10 minutes and took all the chips. I've seriously been running just sooooo terribly before tonight, losing with aa and especially running into aa at an alarming rate. But early in this tourney I had 4 people stack off to me basically bluffing which gave me a huge stack, and I went from there. The funny thing is that I was doing so crappy in my other games that I tried to unregister from this tourney, but it was starting in 7 minutes so I was too late and had to play. :)Final hand:PokerStars Game #11301659956: Tournament #56616809, $100+$9 Hold'em No Limit - Level XIX (4000/8000) - 2007/08/04 - 06:05:47 (ET)Table '56616809 13' 9-max Seat #2 is the buttonSeat 2: TimWakefield (165842 in chips) Seat 5: PaPaDoC719 (926158 in chips) TimWakefield: posts the ante 800PaPaDoC719: posts the ante 800TimWakefield: posts small blind 4000PaPaDoC719: posts big blind 8000*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to TimWakefield [Kd Kh]TimWakefield said, "was kidding about chop obv"TimWakefield: calls 4000PaPaDoC719: raises 24000 to 32000TimWakefield: raises 133042 to 165042 and is all-inPaPaDoC719: calls 133042*** FLOP *** [8d 5c 9h]*** TURN *** [8d 5c 9h] [7s]*** RIVER *** [8d 5c 9h 7s] [Ts]*** SHOW DOWN ***PaPaDoC719: shows [6h Ac] (a straight, Six to Ten)TimWakefield: shows [Kd Kh] (a pair of Kings)TimWakefield said, "rigged gg"PaPaDoC719 said, "gg"PaPaDoC719 collected 331684 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 331684 | Rake 0 Board [8d 5c 9h 7s Ts]Seat 2: TimWakefield (button) (small blind) showed [Kd Kh] and lost with a pair of KingsSeat 5: PaPaDoC719 (big blind) showed [6h Ac] and won (331684) with a straight, Six to Ten
Very nice cash. GG.