• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been playing 400nl hu too, and 5/10 6 max or 3/6 6 max...but that just more or less recently.Don't know if you saw my graph from last night. I played a guy short at 10/20 hu...he was horrible and 5/10 6 max and equally bad at hu play. I ran disgustingly bad after busting his short stack twice, and ended up dropping 3 buy-ins to him. My roll is back in the 33-34k range. I'm not sure what I'm doing next. Last night was very very frustrating for me...losing hu to horrible players starts to really get at you...- Jordan
just curious..by roll you mean your overall cash or what you have online?
Wow, reading this just made me think about the fact that you're playing HU 200nl rolled for 180 buy-ins. Crazy. Well done with the BR management sir. I'd tried playing too high and gone bust.
makes sense to me. The more i play as income opposed to side fun, the more i realize that bigger BR's = better/ less stress playing.Look at pokerplayer24, he profits hella good playing 200NL.
just curious..by roll you mean your overall cash or what you have online?
my roll, ie what i have online. although 1k is in my friends account i lent him.rest is online spread over stars/ft and my rb site.have withdrawn i think 2.5k from it. yea- Jordan
my roll, ie what i have online. although 1k is in my friends account i lent him.rest is online spread over stars/ft and my rb site.have withdrawn i think 2.5k from it. yea- Jordan
yea...i have a pretty similar roll like yours...except i don't keep it all online...if i were you i'd cash out 15k and invest it...it'll earn you 600$ a year in a guaranteed investment fund that generates 3.6% or so. You're not really using all that money to play with and it's just sitting there making $0 when you could have 600 a year for doing nothing. If you hypothetically go broke, then reinvest it online...That's what i have...currently i have about 24k online and about 18k in investments and i play 200NL and 400NL. I understand that 600 or 700 isn't that much $ but if you're just getting it for free, why not? right? it's like 14 24s of heineken a year for free...that's free beer for a week :club: just some advice... Gabe.
yea...i have a pretty similar roll like yours...except i don't keep it all online...if i were you i'd cash out 15k and invest it...it'll earn you 600$ a year in a guaranteed investment fund that generates 3.6% or so. You're not really using all that money to play with and it's just sitting there making $0 when you could have 600 a year for doing nothing. If you hypothetically go broke, then reinvest it online...That's what i have...currently i have about 24k online and about 18k in investments and i play 200NL and 400NL. I understand that 600 or 700 isn't that much $ but if you're just getting it for free, why not? right? it's like 14 24s of heineken a year for free...that's free beer for a week :club: just some advice... Gabe.
werd. i have investments going on already. ;)but i have thought i could take out a bit more...meh- Jordan
dude, at your age and your situation, you should be putting that money into a RRSP at medium risk over 5 years. (the exact plan i have, you can withdraw money at any time, and it just sits there in different investments (your portfolio) Or better yet, get a financial advisor to help you make correct decisions for the future. Money Concepts is the company that handles my RRSP's the last 2 years i've had an average return of 15-16%
dude, at your age and your situation, you should be putting that money into a RRSP at medium risk over 5 years. (the exact plan i have, you can withdraw money at any time, and it just sits there in different investments (your portfolio) Or better yet, get a financial advisor to help you make correct decisions for the future. Money Concepts is the company that handles my RRSP's the last 2 years i've had an average return of 15-16%
yea...but i look at poker as an investment as well. It's good to have high and low risk invetments in your portfolio and poker is my high risk investment. 3.6% guaranteed on 18k is my safe investment. it's diversified. I'll give it some thought though...any1 else think i should be investing the 18k in higher risk ivestments? why?

Gabe...why do you not have your money in an online savings account? You can easily find one that gets around 5%...would be like around 1.5% more than what you currently have and around $200 more if you have 15k in? Emigrant which Im using now gets like 4.9 right now but advertises at 5.15...getting around 5 is pretty standard for an online savings account.

YSAP?what games u playing?
Tourneys and sngs. Even tried out a little $1/2 PLO just to mess around today, obviously got stacked twice (aces AIPF, and 2nd set vs top set on dry board against the table maaaaaaaniac).

Having to input sngs into pt manually sucks. ROI is either at 45% or 58% depending on if my excel is more accurate or if my input into pt is more accurate...there has to be an easier way to get stars sngs into pt

New goal for myself is to play 32 $6 9man turbo sngs a day, and move up to the $16 ones when I have enough in my BR. And im actually going to commit to it, I think I can grind out a very good profit

Well, despite the awful start here, which is a sick continuation of yesterday apparently, I managed to get a nice upward trend over the rest of the day. Nice little confidence booster.aug16fw3.jpgAlso, with that retarded dip at the beginning today, I had a nice litte 230 BB downswing over ~1300 hands. Yay!

Gabe...why do you not have your money in an online savings account? You can easily find one that gets around 5%...would be like around 1.5% more than what you currently have and around $200 more if you have 15k in? Emigrant which Im using now gets like 4.9 right now but advertises at 5.15...getting around 5 is pretty standard for an online savings account.
Gabe is in Canada and interest rates are lower here then in the US. I won't get into the economics or politics of why that is. ( Bush Deficit , cough cough )
Gabe is in Canada and interest rates are lower here then in the US. I won't get into the economics or politics of why that is. ( Bush Deficit , cough cough )
you can't get an orange savings account in canada?
Im not sure I understand what this has to do with it? From what you said, the interest rates are lower here...yet I can get a higher rate on my savings (American) than he is getting in Canada? I believe and someone may need to correct me...but: ING is over seasHSBC is a british company Both of which will get you closer to 5% than the 3.5 he is at
Im not sure I understand what this has to do with it? From what you said, the interest rates are lower here...yet I can get a higher rate on my savings (American) than he is getting in Canada? I believe and someone may need to correct me...but: ING is over seasHSBC is a british company Both of which will get you closer to 5% than the 3.5 he is at
hey thanks for the Fulltilt money it was very lucky.
hey thanks for the Fulltilt money it was very lucky.
haha..it was rakeback money so i figured the doom switch had been turned on for me if I attempted to use it. Glad it worked out for you.
haha..it was rakeback money so i figured the doom switch had been turned on for me if I attempted to use it. Glad it worked out for you.
i started with $12 this month on , came in 4th in a 180 now I am up 300ish on pokerstars.Then I get the $34 dollar transfer for Matt and I got that up to $150 last night.micro 6 max NL is sooo crazy

Safe to say I'm tilted? Yeah. You obviously can't tell but I called him pretty quickly. PokerStars Game #11512648072: Tournament #57909118, $100+$9 Hold'em No Limit - Level VIII (200/400) - 2007/08/16 - 01:05:23 (ET)Table '57909118 17' 9-max Seat #8 is the buttonSeat 1: ill_skillz (12335 in chips) Seat 2: NoFearNoPain (19467 in chips) Seat 4: TimWakefield (12318 in chips) Seat 5: TheMiltMan (10295 in chips) Seat 6: XnpDaJokerX (8645 in chips) Seat 7: KenA (7595 in chips) Seat 8: pasabill (11585 in chips) Seat 9: Highlander7 (6820 in chips) ill_skillz: posts the ante 25NoFearNoPain: posts the ante 25TimWakefield: posts the ante 25TheMiltMan: posts the ante 25XnpDaJokerX: posts the ante 25KenA: posts the ante 25pasabill: posts the ante 25Highlander7: posts the ante 25Highlander7: posts small blind 200ill_skillz: posts big blind 400*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to TimWakefield [Tc Th]NoFearNoPain: raises 800 to 1200TimWakefield: calls 1200TheMiltMan: folds XnpDaJokerX: folds KenA: folds pasabill: folds Highlander7: folds ill_skillz: folds *** FLOP *** [Qs 4c 8c]NoFearNoPain: bets 1500TimWakefield: calls 1500*** TURN *** [Qs 4c 8c] [Qd]NoFearNoPain: checks TimWakefield: bets 2400NoFearNoPain: raises 8400 to 10800TimWakefield: calls 7193 and is all-in*** RIVER *** [Qs 4c 8c Qd] [7s]*** SHOW DOWN ***NoFearNoPain: shows [Qc Ah] (three of a kind, Queens)TimWakefield: shows [Tc Th] (two pair, Queens and Tens)NoFearNoPain collected 25386 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 25386 | Rake 0 Board [Qs 4c 8c Qd 7s]Seat 1: ill_skillz (big blind) folded before FlopSeat 2: NoFearNoPain showed [Qc Ah] and won (25386) with three of a kind, QueensSeat 4: TimWakefield showed [Tc Th] and lost with two pair, Queens and TensSeat 5: TheMiltMan folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 6: XnpDaJokerX folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 7: KenA folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 8: pasabill (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 9: Highlander7 (small blind) folded before Flop

GOD YOUR A DONKEY
Yeah but you spelled 'you're' wrong. :)Gaaaaaah ISAP. I was gonna post the Q7 hand I told you about but it's just embarassing. Anyways my check from pokerstars arrived and cheered me up a bit.