OMG I've saved up enough FPPs almost for the camera I wanted, but now they're offering XBOX 360 and Wii!!!!!!!! Ahhhhh I think I gotta get the free Wii, I fell like they'll be gone really soon. SHIP IT!Ahhhh or do I want the 360??? It's almost twice as much and will take nearly all of my FPPs.Edit: too late, rash decision made, Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :club:.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bleh...august is over for me...i went on a sickening bad run the last 2 days (3k hands)...yet somehow i only managed to lose 1.1k in both today and yesterday....i went on tilt several times (for the first time in a while) and i realized i NEED a break....i'm playing my B game (auto-pilot) and nothing is working out....literally...cont. bets picked off...but only when i miss the flop, sigh...bluffs NEVER work except for the rare small pot i pick up with a bluff...today, i decdied that i could really benefit from a little break...so i'm taking about a week off since after august, september starts off with a weekend... here is the final August graph followed by my PT stats followed by (most accurate of the 3 because it includes the FPP tournies I've won, the 1 sng i played, and all that stuff) excel stats...http://img209.imageshack.us/my.php?image=uglyzj2.jpghttp://img258.imageshack.us/my.php?image=uglyswx8.pnghttp://img209.imageshack.us/my.php?image=augustfinaljt9.pngBleh...the end of the month could of turned out much better...here is a summary...Total Profit (in CAD since USD don't apply to me) - $7,874.15Total Hours - 57.56Hourly Wage - $136.79/hourHands - about 19,000 (PT is missing some HH)bb/100 - 7.96ptbb/100bankroll - $43,400My goal i believe was 6-8k so i guess that was met...I increased the volume I played from last month so I'm happy with that...so i guess my goals were met (except sustatining 8ptbb/100, lol). Nonethless, for some reason I'm still unhappy with the month...it's the fact that I wasn't playing my A game i think towards the end of the month...bleh...i guess it's normal...i'm just happy that i'm able to recognize it and make myself take a break and refocus....my goal for the rest of the month is to get rest and watch many CR videos 2/4nl and 3/6nl 6 max....that's what i'll be playing in september...out for now...Gabe.

Well my life tilt has subsided these last three days....sunday i played and lost about a buy-in and a half playing 100NL... getting tilty and forcing things. Well while i was playing the cash games i joined the 20K guarentee witha 10 buck buy in which i have done well before in... 6th and a 3rd. well after i decide i didn't have an edge in the cash games i played just the tourny... went deep felt like i played well and got lucky once... just a 60/40 though got knocked out in 78th when my QQ was no good against AJ.. realy bad call by him with the amount i pushed for compared to his raise and he raised from ep so he knows i am not pushing junk... what evs i wasnt complaining cuz it felt good to go deep after not cashing for an entire month which is sickening. made me think possibly my luck is turning, nice confidence booster too.Today i played and won about 220 playing cash, cut the session short cuz i was up a solid amount and just wanted to book a win so keep me level headed and just try and boost my confidence more. Today it was the story of the short stackers pusing into me with the nutz or near nutz, spiked a set of J's too when i opened UTG with JJ all fold except bb who flat calls which was very suspicious, i had a solid image and really didnt think he had a small pp really felt like he could be doing this with AA or KK well flop brought a J and i was not scared much at all... i bet he calls turn brings a completed flush he c/r and i am hating myself... however it was small enough for me to draw to fill up... can't believe it i fill up and stack the dude... thank god... he played his KK horribly too c/r when the draw completes....After the cash sess i join a 1500fpp sat to sunday and end up winning that so very juiced. i will be playing this sunday so i am looking forward to that.

Dont really know what to say about today...I could not bring myself to play 25nl. I sat down and just spewed money...Wasnt tilting just playing like shit. Went up to 200nl and got it all back and then a bit more. I played scared at that level, but I played a lot better. I dunno what it is, but I just couldnt take 25nl serious. I did end my day down at 50nl played about as good a lag as ive really ever played.I did cash out 200 to cover the second deposit and 50 just for giggles.

OMG, wtf?I love how phucking card games work.Had some guy call my shovel with middle pair, vs my TPTK Nut flush draw. On the turn. 2 of his outs were dead, he had 3 outs and hits. so i got stacked again today. retarded!now last week after being up like 1600, i'm only up 1k for the last 2 weeks.

i'm only up 1k for the last 2 weeks.
"only"I made $200 tonight (+$470 in cash games) and am quite happy with that result. Still down $5k or so on the month...so unless I can pull a couple of big wins in Biloxi, it'll be two consecutive losing months...which is a little sick. Basically, poker doesn't like me during summers. =/
"only"I made $200 tonight (+$470 in cash games) and am quite happy with that result. Still down $5k or so on the month...so unless I can pull a couple of big wins in Biloxi, it'll be two consecutive losing months...which is a little sick. Basically, poker doesn't like me during summers. =/
2 losing months? wtf?i hate to say it, but i feel better now :club: sorry bud.For me though, I've been spending my 10k that i've won over the last 18 weeks like a dumbasss. Im leaving for australia and now have like half the money i wanted to have before leaving.so losing 600 in the last 24 hours has crushed my spirits

ok, so maybe i dont hate poker...but i hate this months swings...hehe, i should stop being a pansy though.uhm...here is a graph...i'm somehow up 1.8k over the last two days. lolaugust10-overall-29.jpgdont forget, down 4k in PLO!weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeafewgts- Jordan

2 losing months? wtf?
I remember back when my poker career started...I had 21 consecutive winning months. During that, the notion of a "losing month" boggled me, but I heard people talk about it. Then I won six more months before a loser...then four more winners...and now (likely) two consecutive losers. I think I've coped with it decently. I mean, I've still got a 9k BR...so there's no need to panic...and I know that I've demonstrated that I'm a good player over the past few years, so I've tried to avoid letting it shake my confidence. Add in the fact that I have an outside source of income (new job), and it's not bothering me ridiculously aside from pride.That said, if September's another loser, I may cry. :club: I don't think it will be though. I'm compiling some sick stats at the moment...I'll post in a bit.

Earlier tonight, I got a wild hair to play a $555 turbo SnG, so I did. I built up the biggest stack with 4 left, then lost with with KT vs. JJ, KQ vs. AK, and finally AT vs. JT to go out on the bubble. There was another all-in too where if a short stack's 55 hadn't beat AA, I would have made the money. Anyway, it was kind of nagging at me throughout the night, and I finally decided to play a $570 HU turbo to get it back. OMG, I'm never playing one of those again. It was the craziest thing ever. I went back and looked at the HH and the short stack ended up winning the first fourteen all-ins so that the match just couldn't end. Every time, I'd get nervous and it seemed like it always came down to the river card with 6-12 outs live. I even got all-in with less chips and 22 against TT, but managed to make a set. Finally, with stacks almost completely even, I got in with AT against KJ and held to win the SnG. It feels good to have my account higher to end the day then to start it for the first time in 3 or 4 days (I won $300 or so playing PLO too), but god, did that HU SnG shred my nerves.

Since you guys like posting these "recent results" graphs, I thought I'd post my sessions graph from the beginning of May through today...may-aug.jpgAlso, to highlight my apparent seasonality:LifetimeSept-May +$82,882 (+$36.67/hr over 2260 hrs over 24 months)June-Aug -$8,010 (-$8.20/hr over 977.25 hrs over 9 months)...perhaps I should take next summer off?

OMG I've saved up enough FPPs ... Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :D
N1 :club: Is that at stars? I'm trying to decide whether to open an account at stars or FT, for playing mostly mtts and the 180-man sngs they have. I'll probably end up opening accounts at both, but I don't want to divide my roll too much to start with... Any suggestions?

Why do i have to start every ****in day with -2 buy ins? Why do i have to play ultra focused for the rest of the day just toı "get it back". Can't i have a peaceful straightforward winning day? CAN'T I CATCH A BREAK FOR ****S SAKE?Why does every ****in retard calls a push with OESD and hits against my top set? IT IS JUST 8 OUTS FFS! DON'T POT WITH IT ON FLOP OOP AND DON'T ****IN CALL A REPOT WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111i am very close to joining poker haters club with zach and royal.

Luckily i tilted off only 50$ before quitting.Gonna take a shower and have something to eat then i will log on again.I ****IN HATE TO START A SESSION TO RECOVER MY LOSS CAUSED BY RETARDED PLAYS OF BRAIN DAMAGED MONKEYS FFS IT IS SO ****IN ANNOYINB!

I'd recommend Stars. They have a wider selection and while some of the cash games are tight there, the tourneys are still generally pretty soft.
Ok, thanks. Ideally I'll have a HUGE win the day I deposit (and every day after that...) so I can deposit on the other one ASAP. Man I'm terrible at making decisions.

so, today has turned out good so faraugust11.jpguhm...i wish i didn't play any plo this month...here is my graph of the month, which doesn't include 4k losses in ploaugust10-overall-29-2.jpg- Jordanedit, this month has been really really bad. sigh

not playing enough probably played a bit factor in having losing months. well, that and not playing well.it is tough to have a losing month if you play 40kish hands, and get all the rakeback stuff. about as unlikely as a full time live pro having a losing year.

Was gone for a few days, back and playing now and I feel like I've been playing quite well the last couple days, but haven't managed a big score. I bubbled a 109 freez for a huge stack KK<AA, then came like 25th in a $50 freez getting crippled QQ<JJ, then last night came like 20th in a $109 freez QQ<AA. I've felt very confident, and while I obviously ran well to get deep in these tourneys I also think I've made some very good plays, stealing and restealing (made some very nice resteals with K5, AT, etc and am getting more and more confident in that part of my play). Anyways I guess I'm up about $600ish the last 2 days, mostly just from sngs. Seriously the last few weeks I keep getting close to a nice score and just missing...I'm due baby!