240 bucks to 10k is pretty crazy for that time period....I have a current goal of getting to 10k by the end of the year so I can make a run at 100k next year. I am getting married next year and want to be able to provide for a house/cars and such. So getting the br up is a good investment overall...Once i get back up to 100nl or 200nl It should be a fast transition.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just played some 1/2nl HU against (i'm assuming) drunk donkies i won 709.80 in about 1.5 hours...here is august graph so far... http://img526.imageshack.us/my.php?image=august25rh6.jpgedit--played for about and hour and a half more and dropped a couple hundred getting the session's profit down to 480...bleh

I just cracked the $5000 mark for total profit in August. Unless I lose big over the rest of the month, this will be my first >$5k month since turning "pro".Hopefully, I can make it a $6000 or $7000 month before the end.:club:

I just cracked the $5000 mark for total profit in August. Unless I lose big over the rest of the month, this will be my first >$5k month since turning "pro".Hopefully, I can make it a $6000 or $7000 month before the end.:club:
congrats dude

I've gone on life tilt.... took 2 weeks off of poker to try and refocus after a dowswing that has lasted since the second week of july... hoped it would turn around.....today is my 3rd day back after the break... haven't even been playing my normal 100 NL fr game. playing like 25NL and low buy in tournies. Can't win to save my life... something has flipped in my brain.... anytime i have a strong hand i either slowplay it till they catch up in very disgusting ways or bet when they have complete air and lose value... tournies i seem to bluff off my stack half the time the other half go card dead wait for a good spot to push and get beat by 60/40s or 3:1 where i am the fav. I can't seem to do anything right. I watch CR videos and i feel like they make me too LAG and ppl just pick me off. I try to tighten up and ppl seem to run over me and when i take a stand they either have it or suckout on me. ISAP..Had a 5K br and have now swung down to 2.4k.... really tempted to just take out the 2k and go back to grinding micro stakes to remind me how to play again. how to be a nit. I honestly can't remember how i played back in those stakes but it was really nitty... my problem is that i love the 10 dollar tournies so much that if i drop to 400 br i won't be rolled for it anymore... i need some encouragment... i can't remember a time recently where i called an early position raise with a pp and spiked a set and stacked someone. i can't remember rivering a flush and getting paid. I can't remember a semi bluff working or the draw coming through. every dry flop i get c/r and every pot i try to keep small balloons when i am behind. Sorry about the lament and the self pity... this game can humble you at times....

Feel like a degenerate as I write this. Hung out with the fiancee and friends and had a couple drinks. Went home and fired up PS to play. For some reason felt 3/6 was the right move..Got myself up to 800 and then lost it all. Deposited 150 more and got it back up to 650. So on the night I ended up about $70, but not happy with myself at all.

Feel like a degenerate as I write this. Hung out with the fiancee and friends and had a couple drinks. Went home and fired up PS to play. For some reason felt 3/6 was the right move..Got myself up to 800 and then lost it all. Deposited 150 more and got it back up to 650. So on the night I ended up about $70, but not happy with myself at all.
you bought in to a 3/6 game with 150?
Actually I think I bought into 1/2 and then moved to 3/6 once I got up money. Such a bad habit when I drink.
i learned that lesson too about 2 years ago.stay away from ur comp when drinking. seriously.

No joke...I looked over the train wreck that was last night and wow.Most impressive thing to me is I ended back up overall. My PT stats look awful now though haha. I need to figure out how to filter that night out. On the plus side, I am back to my game today playing better. Excluding my rebuy yesterday that I am getting off the site as soon as the 48 hour period is up to do withdrawals...I am up to 567.7. Being fully rolled for 25nl is nice at least now.

You can remove sessions, if you want.Close all the windows in PT first, then go to Utilities > Database Maintenance and Options, then select the sessions you wish to purge. This will take them right out of your DB, not filter them.

Or you could just uncheck 3/6 NL in the preferences tab. I'm guessing that OP won't have any other 3/6 sessions for a while that he needs to compare. I've actually been a little degenerate myself again lately, as for some reason I've been playing bad when taking shots at 2/4 and that led to some tilt which led to some shots at 3/6 last night. I was down about $3500 for a while, but then I won a $2,700 multiway pot with top boat to get myself back in decent shape and then won a little more back playing 1/2 today. My Stars roll's fine now, but I'm going to have to be really careful about 2/4 and move up slowly. It's funny, 25 BI seemed like plenty a few weeks ago, and now it seems woefully underrolled.

Heads up NL vs bad people is like printing $. I won $4,900 yesterday over 450 hands at 5 10 NL heads up and a little 10 20 NL heads up. Lost around $300 at 5 10 NL 6 max, so yesterday turned out pretty well for me. I have won $12,823 this month in 4,505 hands on my computer, then had 1 drunken night at my friends house on his computer where I won around 1.1K, so overall, I have made around 14K this month playing very few hands. Hopefully I can make a couple more thousand before the end of the month, and then next month, really put in a ton of hands and try for a big number.UPSBankroll-$61,350

I fucking hate poker.
dude, u and me bothas soon as i reached 10k, i went to rama last night. flop top set of kings in a 3 way pot afrter i re-pop pf. 2 hearts on board, checks to me, i bet, 1 call. turn blank, check to me, i shovel. guy snap calls with nothing but the FD. other guy says he folded a FD too.. 14% and he hits it.love it. i steamed after that cuz i have tiltaments issues

Such a frustrating session. Should have been up about 50 instead of just up 6. Get it all in with the guy drawing dead to a flush and bam..hits it on the river. Rebuy and go card dead. I was really working on openin up my 3 bet range and was pretty happy overall with it at least. Its comforting to be fully rolled for the level.

down like 1k today...blehso much BS, but what can you do...sigh...Gabe.

i wish i didnt hate poker, because the bbj is so ****ing big right now.it's going to be about double what the biggest BBJ to date has been. It's sitting at about 3/4 of a million right now...
BBJ? is this some sort of tourny? sry if its a common tourny knowledge, i dont play tournies.
Hey nate. New business not going good?I ll get on msn soon. Too crowded right now.
It is kind of slow right now but the college kids are coming back now... that will help things a lot. Also Redsox v Yankees game tonight. NO POKER FOR ME