• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, that's ~$10k in about 1800 hands?That's insane.
9.5k since i was down that 3.1k or so..yea i guess.stupid plo loland i haven't jumped that high in limits....ive just had two 5k nights, although one of those nights i ended up losing 3k by the end of it...cause of a bad run in a very good 10/20 hu match...but like i think every time i've played 10/20 it was the right decision...regardless of the result.i'm not sure how i feel about 5/10 6 max...except that i have like 40 buy-ins for the game now, and didn't play it with less than 30...which i think is ok..but i feel most comfortable 3/6 6max...and 2/4 hu...so meh...i just have a hard time not playing in juicy games where i sitll have a pretty big cushion for.but this month been really sick and has taken a lot out of me. lol- Jordan
9.5k since i was down that 3.1k or so..yea i guess.stupid plo loland i haven't jumped that high in limits....ive just had two 5k nights, although one of those nights i ended up losing 3k by the end of it...cause of a bad run in a very good 10/20 hu match...but like i think every time i've played 10/20 it was the right decision...regardless of the result.i'm not sure how i feel about 5/10 6 max...except that i have like 40 buy-ins for the game now, and didn't play it with less than 30...which i think is ok..but i feel most comfortable 3/6 6max...and 2/4 hu...so meh...i just have a hard time not playing in juicy games where i sitll have a pretty big cushion for.but this month been really sick and has taken a lot out of me. lol- Jordan
i gotta say, you've had quite a roller coaster month...i almost had my 3rd down day in august today but a win in the 3600FPP saved the day.was down 420ish after 1500 hands of 1/2nl but then decided to play a 3600FPP where first payed 530....i won after pwning so dude HU and so i'm up about 100 for the day....weeeeeee.....here is a graph of august so far. http://img248.imageshack.us/my.php?image=augustsonu4.jpgthat is, +530 from that FPP tourny and -1200 on FT so the month is +7.5k CAD so far (or 7.1k USD)edit--i hate poker. lost 3 buy ins in like 30 min .... i think i'm starting to play way to LAG...i'm going back to the 22/20/4 strategygonna watch CR video to make me feel better after i go and get a bite to eat. ugh! today i'm down 5 buy ins in cash....and the reason i'm even more pissed is cuz i think i didn't play my A game.

played some 1/2 and 2/4 nl HU b4 going to sleep and won 800 in 30 min which put my daily profit to 300ish...bleh...that's over 7 hours...sigh...so frustrating.oh well. pokerplayer24, how many hands did you play this past week you sicko, lol...25k in a week of 2/4 and 3/6, wow. is that your best week ever?Gabe

Well after starting the month with $104, I dropped down to $85 playing mostly 1 table sngs, but the past two days Ive won 2 $3 45 person SNGs and my PS account is at an alltime high of $162

played some 1/2 and 2/4 nl HU b4 going to sleep and won 800 in 30 min which put my daily profit to 300ish...bleh...that's over 7 hours...sigh...so frustrating.oh well. pokerplayer24, how many hands did you play this past week you sicko, lol...25k in a week of 2/4 and 3/6, wow. is that your best week ever?Gabe
when he told me he was up 20k, he said it had been like 5-7k hands lololol and i realllllly lol'd when he told me that. that's just puking insane sick.and i of course, lost 3k yesterday.weeee- Jordan
when he told me he was up 20k, he said it had been like 5-7k hands lololol and i realllllly lol'd when he told me that. that's just puking insane sick.and i of course, lost 3k yesterday.weeee- Jordan
that's pretty insane...although if i was to compare it to 1/2nl, that's about 7.5k in 5-7 k hands.... that's pretty impressive...he runs goot.Jordan...take a break from poker and don't paly till september or something...i find that when it's tough times, taking a break until the next month is a good idea and since september is so close by, it'll work out good. It's psychological for me as in a new month = a new beginning...and i forget about how bad i ran last month or w/e...also, how do you have such huge swings? don't we play the same stakes? and your swings are WAY crazier than mine, but the ups and the downs...I ran pretty good today although haven't played much at all...up 3 buy ins in 500 hands...here is the updated graph of august...http://img515.imageshack.us/my.php?image=abadabdoomt6.jpgGabe.

It's so funny how that works. The fact that it's a new month, shouldn't change a thing, but the moment the clock changed over from July to August, I started winning again.I had probably my worst month ever in July, and I'm now on pace for my best month ever in August.My whole mindstate shifted as soon as July was over.

It's so funny how that works. The fact that it's a new month, shouldn't change a thing, but the moment the clock changed over from July to August, I started winning again.I had probably my worst month ever in July, and I'm now on pace for my best month ever in August.My whole mindstate shifted as soon as July was over.
it shouldn't but it does. It's all psychological like i said, most see a new month as a new beginning for something good to happen.
Going well so far..Day 1: 25 SNGs, -$16Day 2: 28 SNGs, +$44 Day 3: 32 SNGs, +$121
Going pretty well still.Day 4: -$9.80Day 5: +$60.00Day 6: +$29.60Day 7: +$9.10Day 8: +$45.80Day 9: +$13.40Day 10: +$22.40Overall up $320. Will be moving up to the $16 sngs soon
that's pretty insane...although if i was to compare it to 1/2nl, that's about 7.5k in 5-7 k hands.... that's pretty impressive...he runs goot.Jordan...take a break from poker and don't paly till september or something...i find that when it's tough times, taking a break until the next month is a good idea and since september is so close by, it'll work out good. It's psychological for me as in a new month = a new beginning...and i forget about how bad i ran last month or w/e...also, how do you have such huge swings? don't we play the same stakes? and your swings are WAY crazier than mine, but the ups and the downs...I ran pretty good today although haven't played much at all...up 3 buy ins in 500 hands...here is the updated graph of august...http://img515.imageshack.us/my.php?image=abadabdoomt6.jpgGabe.
I don't think so, aren't you playing 1/2? Or did you finally go up to 2/4?I'm primarily playing 2/4 HU, 3/6 6 max, or 5/10 6 max.Yesterday I lost 3 buy-ins at 2/4 and 2 buy-ins at 3/6...3/6 was standard...2/4 i started to tilt and i quit.I really only lost 1 buy-in though at 2/4 due to tilt...the other one I got in with KQ on KQA board vs AJ for stacks...and the other one i can't really recall...i did get hit and ran too...so bleh whatever.I don't need a break, perse. I've had a vacation this month, which was good...just al ot of diff stuff going on in my life. i know when to not play, personally, and i try my best to not play then. yesterday was one of those days, after all htat stuff...today i didn't feel like it..but now i do, so i may..but i'll probably go out and go out with friends, which is fine by me.i took care of some school stuff, but i was mildly depressed all day...idk...i tried to clear my head and took a nap...and that seemed to help...sometimes i go into weird depressions and it's frustrating cause i know when it's happenening but i can't figure out why exactly...i used to do drugs and drink heavily alot...to medicate that chit..but haven't done that for, well def a solid year now, but i'd say it's closer to 1.5 years...so that's good...but it's still annoying that it occasionally hits me.anyways that's enough...bigger issues out there...which is something i try to think about and focus on when i get depressed.--my swings are ridiculous. i have played 10/20 this month, and that's added to some of the craziness. but with my roll...i'm not not going to sit in juicy games in the 2k range that are +EV...i dont regret sitting in any game, regardless of the outcome win or lose.that being said...they make me puke sometimes.- Jordan
I don't think so, aren't you playing 1/2? Or did you finally go up to 2/4?I'm primarily playing 2/4 HU, 3/6 6 max, or 5/10 6 max.Yesterday I lost 3 buy-ins at 2/4 and 2 buy-ins at 3/6...3/6 was standard...2/4 i started to tilt and i quit.I really only lost 1 buy-in though at 2/4 due to tilt...the other one I got in with KQ on KQA board vs AJ for stacks...and the other one i can't really recall...i did get hit and ran too...so bleh whatever.I don't need a break, perse. I've had a vacation this month, which was good...just al ot of diff stuff going on in my life. i know when to not play, personally, and i try my best to not play then. yesterday was one of those days, after all htat stuff...today i didn't feel like it..but now i do, so i may..but i'll probably go out and go out with friends, which is fine by me.i took care of some school stuff, but i was mildly depressed all day...idk...i tried to clear my head and took a nap...and that seemed to help...sometimes i go into weird depressions and it's frustrating cause i know when it's happenening but i can't figure out why exactly...i used to do drugs and drink heavily alot...to medicate that chit..but haven't done that for, well def a solid year now, but i'd say it's closer to 1.5 years...so that's good...but it's still annoying that it occasionally hits me.anyways that's enough...bigger issues out there...which is something i try to think about and focus on when i get depressed.--my swings are ridiculous. i have played 10/20 this month, and that's added to some of the craziness. but with my roll...i'm not not going to sit in juicy games in the 2k range that are +EV...i dont regret sitting in any game, regardless of the outcome win or lose.that being said...they make me puke sometimes.- Jordan
well, i mix it up with 1/2 and 2/4....this month out of the 15k hands i played, 6k hands were at 2/4nl....i'm slowly making my move...i know that with my roll (43k) I could easily play 3/6 and maybe even 5/10 but for some reason i don't let myself even though i'd prolly crush it......if you checked my blog, i outlined a plan that will make me play 2/4nl without moving down to 1/2....i'll copy past it onto here..."For september, here is my plan. I plan to play 2000hands/day (As i've mentioned) of strictly 400NL. Unless, I get to negative $2,800 for the month, i wont go back to 200NL. That gives me 6 buy ins, and i barely have 6 buy in swings in the minus. If I do end up losing $2,800 then i'll grind 200NL until i get even for the month and restart over. I'm hoping that i will not be moving back down to 200NL after septmber and am planning on making a quick transition into 600NL (a couple of months that is...which is quick for my standards but probably not for most people's standards. I'm just a nit with money management, what can i say). Now...let's assume I get in 40k hands in september of 400NL (since i'm probably not going to be -2800 on the month...if i win 2k and then lose 3k i will keep grinding 400NL as i'd only be down 1k on the month. I'm referring to the monthly TOTAL being -2800 is when i move down in stakes)."so hopefully i stick to the plan and never look back....i hope 2 things come out of september even if i don't win a lot of money...1) i keep grinding 2/4nl without moving to 1/2nl 2) i get comfortable with the swings by the end of the month....if i'm up 5k but goal #2 came true, i'm happy...even though 5k is crap for a month worth of 2/4....although, i'm going to israel for a month on september 19th and am buying a laptop so i can play there...i might just play 1/2 so i don't get upset when i have a downswing while im on vacation (or visiting, not really a vacation)...but maybe in the 2 and a half weeks i'll be grinding 2/4 i'll get really comfortable and wont need to play 1/2 when i go to israel.....who knows...i'm really hoping i start playing 3/6nl and 5/10nl before new years though....we'll see...10/20nl is probably going to wait for a little while longer, lol....i'm in no rush to jump to 10/20nl when i make a perfectly good living at 1/2 and 2/4 nl not to mention what i'll be making at 3/6 and 5/10 nl......as for the depressions, Jordan, that's not that unheard of...i'm glad you're off drugs and booze (although drinking in moderation is ok imo)...drinking doesn't help depression in the long run though...but everyone gets depressed once in a while...i do too...it looks like you got things under control though so thats good......as for right now, i'm hungry as hell as i just came back from the gym...oooo...jordan, going to the gym is a great way to treat depression...no study or anything but from personal experience....it makes your head clearer and makes me play much better...i highly recommend it man...just do it if you don't already have a gym membership, you'll thank me afterwards......anyways, i'm out...Gabe.
well, i mix it up with 1/2 and 2/4....this month out of the 15k hands i played, 6k hands were at 2/4nl....i'm slowly making my move...i know that with my roll (43k) I could easily play 3/6 and maybe even 5/10 but for some reason i don't let myself even though i'd prolly crush it......if you checked my blog, i outlined a plan that will make me play 2/4nl without moving down to 1/2....i'll copy past it onto here..."For september, here is my plan. I plan to play 2000hands/day (As i've mentioned) of strictly 400NL. Unless, I get to negative $2,800 for the month, i wont go back to 200NL. That gives me 6 buy ins, and i barely have 6 buy in swings in the minus. If I do end up losing $2,800 then i'll grind 200NL until i get even for the month and restart over. I'm hoping that i will not be moving back down to 200NL after septmber and am planning on making a quick transition into 600NL (a couple of months that is...which is quick for my standards but probably not for most people's standards. I'm just a nit with money management, what can i say). Now...let's assume I get in 40k hands in september of 400NL (since i'm probably not going to be -2800 on the month...if i win 2k and then lose 3k i will keep grinding 400NL as i'd only be down 1k on the month. I'm referring to the monthly TOTAL being -2800 is when i move down in stakes)."so hopefully i stick to the plan and never look back....i hope 2 things come out of september even if i don't win a lot of money...1) i keep grinding 2/4nl without moving to 1/2nl 2) i get comfortable with the swings by the end of the month....if i'm up 5k but goal #2 came true, i'm happy...even though 5k is crap for a month worth of 2/4....although, i'm going to israel for a month on september 19th and am buying a laptop so i can play there...i might just play 1/2 so i don't get upset when i have a downswing while im on vacation (or visiting, not really a vacation)...but maybe in the 2 and a half weeks i'll be grinding 2/4 i'll get really comfortable and wont need to play 1/2 when i go to israel.....who knows...i'm really hoping i start playing 3/6nl and 5/10nl before new years though....we'll see...10/20nl is probably going to wait for a little while longer, lol....i'm in no rush to jump to 10/20nl when i make a perfectly good living at 1/2 and 2/4 nl not to mention what i'll be making at 3/6 and 5/10 nl......as for the depressions, Jordan, that's not that unheard of...i'm glad you're off drugs and booze (although drinking in moderation is ok imo)...drinking doesn't help depression in the long run though...but everyone gets depressed once in a while...i do too...it looks like you got things under control though so thats good......as for right now, i'm hungry as hell as i just came back from the gym...oooo...jordan, going to the gym is a great way to treat depression...no study or anything but from personal experience....it makes your head clearer and makes me play much better...i highly recommend it man...just do it if you don't already have a gym membership, you'll thank me afterwards......anyways, i'm out...Gabe.
werd, i used to work out a lot.living in the current place i do now has sucked...i'm moving out in a week and looking forward to a fresh start. going to get back into working out and better eating habits...just should be 100% better.that's a good plan you have. i dont know why i started playing 3/6 and 5/10..but i was getting frustrated with HU play..right now i feel like i suck at HU...idk...i built my roll on it again, but once ...again..poker reels it's ugly head and makes you think you sap.so...my roll been fluctuating 35-40-45k all month. lol juts gross...i try to not play 5/10 unless really good games...i shouldn't play that high, even with 35-40 buy-ins..at least not now...i'd love to book a solid month of just grinding 2/4 hu..but it's mentally grueling...blehi still drink, but i dont do shots anymore or anything like that.yea, my life was in a bad place a few years ago...but a lot of that has turned around and i'm very thankful i never got too into drugs or addicted to coke, which i used a few times...i was "smart" bout when i did drugs..but i still consider myself lucky.- Jordan

August has been a good month for me so far. I am up about 330 for the month at 25nl and $5sngs. I would like to break the 500 dollar mark by the end of the month. Still running at an unreal rate at 25nl and sngs which I hope will keep up. (33ptbb/100) and 35%ROI in sngs. As is obvious, the low levels are pretty easy to destroy anyways. I am getting about an hr a day in and I should be fine to meet the 70ish bucks I need to get in order to meet my goal. I am also forcing myself to read "The Mathematics of Poker" everyday. Its more about forcing myself to be more disciplined with my poker play instead of just playing to gamble. Thats how I initially lost my roll and I dont want to repeat that.

werd, i used to work out a lot.living in the current place i do now has sucked...i'm moving out in a week and looking forward to a fresh start. going to get back into working out and better eating habits...just should be 100% better.that's a good plan you have. i dont know why i started playing 3/6 and 5/10..but i was getting frustrated with HU play..right now i feel like i suck at HU...idk...i built my roll on it again, but once ...again..poker reels it's ugly head and makes you think you sap.so...my roll been fluctuating 35-40-45k all month. lol juts gross...i try to not play 5/10 unless really good games...i shouldn't play that high, even with 35-40 buy-ins..at least not now...i'd love to book a solid month of just grinding 2/4 hu..but it's mentally grueling...blehi still drink, but i dont do shots anymore or anything like that.yea, my life was in a bad place a few years ago...but a lot of that has turned around and i'm very thankful i never got too into drugs or addicted to coke, which i used a few times...i was "smart" bout when i did drugs..but i still consider myself lucky.- Jordan
it's easy to feel like you suck when you play HU...when a couple of your bluffs fail in a row you feel like shit and like you don't know when the right time is to bluff...but in reality...it's the short run you're frustrated with....just play you A game man and you'll be fine...I'm sure that you're a great player even though i never got the chance to play with you....personally, i don't want to play with you cuz i'm sure there are easier games out there and that's what i'm trying to find....maybe use game selection? idk...HU it's easy to have crazy swings....just make sure you don't jump into a big stakes game cuz that's how most ppl go broke....i'm pretty comfortable with where i am in my poker career and i'm only playing 1/2 and 2/4 nl.... i on average make about 6k a month and it's not a bad living....at least where i live....just don't rush things man....the reason i've never been broke in my life is cuz i've always been careful with money....i know you want to play 50/100nl in 6 months and you feel rushed to get there so you play high stakes....but don't be one of those ppl that go broke due to greed and the fantasy of living it up big playing high stakes...you'll get there eventually man...i recommend you make a plan similar to mine but w/e you're comfortable with...6, 8 or 10 buy ins until you move back to 1/2....just give it a shot for a month man...play 2/4 unless you go down x number of buy ins in which case you grind 1/2 until you get even and restart....just try it....i'm doing it and i still live VERY comfortably and have more money than most of the ppl i hang out with...actually all the ppl i hang out with....you don't need to be playing the highest stakes to make a great living man....you seem like you want to be living the dream of playing high stakes and living the life and trust me, i do too....but take the safe road there man....it's not as bad as you might think....anyways...i'm pretty wasted and i'm gonna go sleep now...l8r man...gl...Gabe.
yea, my life was in a bad place a few years ago...but a lot of that has turned around and i'm very thankful i never got too into drugs or addicted to coke, which i used a few times...i was "smart" bout when i did drugs..but i still consider myself lucky.
cocaine addiction is vastly overrated and much harder to achieve than most people suspect. but yes you are lucky.

im not looking to "live the life" , or play high stakes...ive grinded this roll using 50 and 100 and 200 buy-ins....but i know what you mean...i've almost always used really solid br management...this month has been a bit more loopy..but ive never put a high % of my roll on the table.- Jordan

Nice that the challenge worked for Royal and he did it in one try without taking huge shots and being able to reload, so that is at least as impressive as what I did. However, I just wanted to say that I just briefly got over $10,000 last night before falling back down to $9,850 at session's end and that's off of $33 I got less than a month ago. So :club: Also, nice work pokerplayer. You seem to have the consistent grinding down really well without the bouts of tilt or lost focus where you end up playing bad for 200 or 300 hands at a time. The latter is the biggest problem I have and while I have it under control much better than I used to, it still pops up from time to time and prevents me from even trying to grind NL cash games where I'm pretty sure I'd be profitable otherwise. Somehow, I don't tilt anywhere near as much in PLO; probably because the decisions are more automatic so I'm less likely to beat myself up when making the wrong one.

just wanted tto say congrats Royal. I'm sure by now you've made the last $40 to reach the goal early. Been following the blog. Kudos!
Nice that the challenge worked for Royal and he did it in one try without taking huge shots and being able to reload, so that is at least as impressive as what I did. However, I just wanted to say that I just briefly got over $10,000 last night before falling back down to $9,850 at session's end and that's off of $33 I got less than a month ago. So :club:
Thanks dudes,I know it isnt much of a Feat, people have managed to make more from less in less time, but I played very strict guidelines and not many hours. (although i would have liked to play more througout the last 2 months)It just feels good to make myself a usefull BR in a short time, I thought i missed my chance a few years ago when the poker boom was full of fish, but its better late than never for me.cheers
Thanks dudes,I know it isnt much of a Feat, people have managed to make more from less in less time, but I played very strict guidelines and not many hours. (although i would have liked to play more througout the last 2 months)It just feels good to make myself a usefull BR in a short time, I thought i missed my chance a few years ago when the poker boom was full of fish, but its better late than never for me.cheers
Thats pretty crazy, I never realized u were doing this (I never really actually looed to see what ur sig said)So far, although I dont have a real goal, since may ive turned $23 into $240 right nowIf I could have 10 grand in 25 months from now Id be a very happy man