• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wont speak for everyone but I know Ive learned my lesson. Thanks footlong.
QFT.This thread is awesome.Footlongconey for mod/sgt of teh forums.
What a hard-hitting question!! But before I answer that, let me ask you one thing: In the heart of a bluebird there are songs aplenty to give hope on a cloudy day and a magical tune to ease the sorrow after a hard day of encroaching gloom. Even if the only one who loves you is the glittering sunset on a summer's night, is that not enough?? Perhaps in time we'll come to see the truth of it all, and as we grasp at the rainbow of never-ending delights, and bathe in the teardrops of the Cosmos as he sheds his tears of delight with you his crowning achievement, or as we meander aimlessly in the forest of failure only to exit and to find a treasure trove of lavender lullabies, then we'll see that it was all those smiles that we gave to each and every child we came across, and the occasional midget as well, that wrested Evil Incarnate's sword of hate and nullified the darkness of our own crumbling hearts. This I truly and honestly believe!! Wonderful!!
Deeeeeeeeep. I thought I'd add something thought provoking...Start with a cage containing five monkeys. In the cage, hang a banana on a string and put a set of stairs under it. Before long, a monkey will go to the stairs and start to climb towards the banana. As soon as he touches the stairs, spray all of the monkeys with cold water. After awhile, another monkey makes an attempt with the same result. Pretty soon, when any monkey tries to climb the stairs, the other monkeys will try to prevent it. Now, turn off the cold water. Remove one monkey from the cage and replace it with a new one. The new monkey sees the banana and wants to climb the stairs. To his horror, all of the other monkeys attack him. After another attempt and attack, he knows that if he tries to climb the stairs, he will be assaulted. Next, remove another of the original five monkeys and replace it with a new one. The newcomer goes to the stairs and is attacked. The previous newcomer takes part in the punishment with enthusiasm. Again, replace a third original monkey with a new one. The new one makes it to the stairs and is attacked as well. Two of the four monkeys that beat him have no idea why they were not permitted to climb the stairs, or why they are participating in the beating of the newest monkey. After replacing the fourth and fifth original monkeys, all the monkeys which have been sprayed with cold water have been replaced. Nevertheless, no monkey ever again approaches the stairs. Why not? Because that's the way it's always been around here. And that's how company policy begins...Yeeeeaaaaaaah.