PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)MP2 ($47.95)MP3 ($10.50)CO ($28.95)Button ($48.40)SB ($44.50)BB ($30.50)UTG ($28.30)UTG+1 ($21.45)Hero ($50)Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A :D , 9 :club: . 1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.50, 2 folds, CO calls $0.50, 2 folds, BB checks.Flop: ($2.25) 6 :D , A :) , 5 :D(4 players)BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $1.5, CO calls $1.50, BB folds, UTG+1 folds.Turn: ($5.25) 8 :)(2 players)Hero bets $2.5, CO calls $2.50.River: ($10.25) 4 :D(2 players)Hero bets $4, CO calls $4.Final Pot: $18.25Hero has Ah 9s (one pair, aces). CO has 9c Kh (high card, ace). Outcome: Hero wins $18.25.If someone could explain what possibly could have been going through this person's head, that'd be great.

He had the highest card that didn't pair the board.. DUH!
Is you avatar a person just passed out from eatting that nasty dog food from Jack in the crack?
Is you avatar a person just passed out from eatting that nasty dog food from Jack in the crack?
Actually, it's a 24 hour taco shop in San Diego.. I was on vacation, we walked in and that dude was just face down, breathing in the enchilada sauce.. We asked the clerk if he was ok, and the clerk said he'd been there for over an hour.. So I did what any good-hearted human being would do.. I snapped a cameraphone shot of 'em and made him my poker-forum avatar :club:
If someone could explain what possibly could have been going through this person's head, that'd be great.
He had a backdoor straight draw and two second pair draws on the flop - and on the turn he improved to a gutshot straight draw + he still has his pair draws. And on the river of course he has the 4th nut no-pair, so he has to call your bluff, also he's pot commited at that point.Well played, he just got unlucky - that's poker.

I think the bigger question is what is the hero thinking by betting less than half the pot on each street into a calling station while holding a stinking A9o?A9o?Sometimes you need to fold up the tent.

Lol.Apparently not.What did you put him on?
A small pair. Fives, sixes, whatever.In earlier hands I saw this guy limp UTG with like Q5o, call a 3x raise with K4o, etc. When someone like that is calling my bets I don't tend to get too worried about them playing top pair. And before someone says it, yeah, I'm aware bad players can get hands too. But when their range of hands is so gapingly huge, it's statistically less likely of them having it as opposed to another player.