This Sort Of Play Makes Me Want To Give Up

Hello all.No real point to this thread, just wanted to you all to share my pain. Pacific Poker $11 Sit and Go, blinds c. 50/100OK, I should probably stick to playing at the higher buy-in tournies if I want to avoid the real donks, but sometimes I like to have a few beers and relax and not worry too much if I'm not on my A-game. Anyway, I limp in with 10-J suited, flop the nut straight (7-8-9 rainbow). Loose-Weak player raises to 300. Knowing he's a fish, I shove, on the basis that he will probably call with a pair or even a draw. He certainly calls, but I am astonished to find he has done so with KING HIGH?!??!? I mean, what did he put me on? What was he hoping for? Naturally, he hits runner-runner to make the second nut flush, and my jaw drops to the table in utter disbelief.Sorry - as I say, no real point to this. I wonder if anyone has any similar examples of losing to such idiocy?

Why does your "drink a few beers and relax" game make you want to give up?oh yea, sorry, but this is obligatory: maybe you should e-mail them and they will give you your buy in back. They have done this for me in the past.

Why does your "drink a few beers and relax" game make you want to give up?
Only sometimes. I don't mind sick beats so much as idiotic plays - because if someone doesn't have a clue what they are doing and still takes your money through outrageous luck, what can you do? It's no use saying "that's poker", because it isn't!
oh yea, sorry, but this is obligatory: maybe you should e-mail them and they will give you your buy in back. They have done this for me in the past.
Really? Wow - I never considered that. Having said that, seeing as this dude was the sort of 'player' to call an all-in raise post-flop with King high, I find it hard to imagine he would understand why he had any sort of moral obligations!
Only sometimes. I don't mind sick beats so much as idiotic plays - because if someone doesn't have a clue what they are doing and still takes your money through outrageous luck, what can you do? It's no use saying "that's poker", because it isn't! Really? Wow - I never considered that. Having said that, seeing as this dude was the sort of 'player' to call an all-in raise post-flop with King high, I find it hard to imagine he would understand why he had any sort of moral obligations!
Actually that is part of poker and the sooner you get used to it the better you will be.Just to be clear of something though ...Didn't you WANT this guy to call you with K high?

This kind of thing happened to me some years ago.I had just signed up for, oh, I don't even remember what site, it may have been Ultimate Bet. I deposited $50.I sat down at a .50/1 table. Yes, I know it's too high for that small bankroll, but I was new to online poker and didn't know any better.There were maybe 4 or 5 at the table. One of them was Phil Gorden. It seemed strange that Phil Gorden was playing at those small stakes, but I did find out later that it was actually him.Very first hand I'm dealt, I'm in the BB. Phil raised it. Someone called and I called with Q-K (not suited).The flop comes 9-10-J rainbow.I check my second nut straight, knowing Phil is going to bet. He bets. Other guy folds. I raise. Phil reraises me. I push all in. He calls.He flips over A-9 for bottom pair (no flush draw)I of course have the flopped straight.The turn and river comes perfect Q-K to give Phil the higher straight.But he reraises and calls all in with bottom pair???So, I lost my entire deposit on the very first hand I played at Ultimate Bet.