Somebody Please Restore My Faith In Poker!

Anyone who commented on my terminology, i have to say GET A LIFE... as if you didnt know what i meant???You remind me of high school dorks "muuahh he said raise instead of bet *snort snorrtt*Anyone else i am grateful for comments, also it has put it into perspective that Aces against kings and jacks isnt far off pocket deuces going up against K J, you are still avoiding a K or a J

Anyone who commented on my terminology, i have to say GET A LIFE... as if you didnt know what i meant???You remind me of high school dorks "muuahh he said raise instead of bet *snort snorrtt*Anyone else i am grateful for comments, also it has put it into perspective that Aces against kings and jacks isnt far off pocket deuces going up against K J, you are still avoiding a K or a J
so you are whining b/c you lost a race....wait until run cold for a month.

Is this the bad beat thread? I was playin with my laptop on my lap the other day and i went to move it and squeezed the bottom left corner and the screen went solid black. I tried to turn it back on and it didn't work. Then i squeezed the corner again and it came back on. Later i was typing and hit a key a lil too hard or something and it went off again. So then i had to squeeze the corner again and get it back on. So now anytime my laptop undergoes any shock i gotta squeeze the corner and then turn it back on. Now that's a bad beat.

Anyone else i am grateful for comments, also it has put it into perspective that Aces against kings and jacks isnt far off pocket deuces going up against K J, you are still avoiding a K or a J
And as Deuces against two overcards is called a "coinflip" for a reason, would you post in here if your deuces got cracked by KJ and question whether poker is really the game you thought it to be?In reality though, it's quite different, in 22 vs KJ there are six outs you have to dodge, while in the AA vs KK vs JJ there are only 4, so it's not 50/50 but you got a 66% chance to win the pot, but still that's not high enough for me to consider this a bad beat. That's why I don't like calling too many players Allin preflop even with AA (depending on the situation of course, I would probably fold them on the bubble of a SnG, in a cashgame I'll call every day of course), they severy lose their advantage the more cards there are against you (unless of course it's such a nice dominated combination of AA vs KK vs AK)

last night I was playing and had pocket queens dealt to me, made a nice sized opening bet, was raised by a player to my left which was called by a player to my right. I wanted to isolate against AK or JJ, so I re raised and was called by both players!!!! What!!! Of course, flop comes Axx and I slowed down, the first raiser bets, the player to my right raises and I fold....after first raiser calls, we see the turn.....QUEEN!!!!!! first raiser checks and player on right bets, raiser folds....what did they have?Ans in whiteplayer on left had KKplayer on right had TTI woulda won!!J

I had aces 3 times in a row ONCE in a cash game(1/2 NL). All 3 times I doubled the other guy up after all-in PF's. Oddly the 1st hand after those aces was 10-3os and I(now on the most powerfull tilt ever) raise to 55 and got 1 caller I flop a house and go all in, called by aces! Cashed out and didn't play poker for 2 weeks.I have never seen or heard of that ever.

== i checked and he raised==FYI to OP...if you are the first one to enter a pot after the flop, it's called a "bet" not a "raise". Calling it a raise makes it sound like you bet 0 and the villan raised your bet of 0. Just makes your post more credible.
What's it called pre-flop if you're first to act and you bet/raise 3xBB? Is that a bet or raise?Also, (while I'm in asking mode) if you're first to act pre-flop and only have 1.5 BB left and you go all-in.. and the next player calls, is the betting capped? Or does the "incompletebet caps the betting" only apply after everyone has had a chance to act?Hi! (still new to poker)
What's it called pre-flop if you're first to act and you bet/raise 3xBB? Is that a bet or raise?
That is a raise as the blinds are live bets, so there already is a bet out there (the big blind) which you are raising.

In the course of 20 hands.. you were dealt pockets 4x. Flopped a full house, and hit a set the other three times. You are one lucky dude my friend. I see these bad beats as the universe evening out your extreme luck.