Somebody Please Restore My Faith In Poker!

Thanks for Taking a look at my post, I have recently played a $2000 tournement, and im not sure where i stand with my cards anymore, may i just list a few goings on from my point of view in this tournement on an online poker siteAll of my hands have been stored on my computer to back up the events actually happenedThe first significant hand was Aces, I had been playing tight as the blinds were very small in relation to my stack, untill i was dealt aces, I raised 4 times the blind and then two players went all in after that, i obviously called to see one player had JJ and the other had KK. I thought to myself, ok all i have to do is avoid a king or a jack, seems ok, then the flop was JJA, i thought jeeeeeeeeez... and no ace came, that beat halved my stack. I still made sure i would calm myself and still battle on.Secondly I was dealt aces, I raised the same amount as last time and was called by 99, i saw a flop of 2 J 5 rainbow, seemed ok to me, he went all in and i called, the turn was a 9, which made me feel the rage coming through me, then i was cooled by a river of an A. So i maybe got lucky, or did i almost get unlucky??Third main event was.. yep you guessed it, aces, i raised 4x the BB as per usual, and saw a flop of 7 10 A hearts, i knew that i had to avoid a heart so i raised high and was called, it brought the K of hearts, i was gutted, i checked and he put in a small raise, i called in hope for a full house, it didnt come, i checked again and he raised another small amount, i sighed and called so i could show everyone on my table that once again, in the space of 20 hands had aces and lost, it turned out the other player only had two pair K 10s, again, got off very luckily.Ok the last hand i played, makes a refreshing change, pocket 7s, raised a lil bit, was called, saw a flop of K 2 7, i thought i was in heaven, finally i had something, he was a loose player but i put him on AK, i checked and he raised, i re-raised and he called, turn was a 6, still i felt that card was no threat to me but there was now a flush draw on, he raised and i went all in, he called and showed aces, and i had my set, i was pretty sure i had it, just no ace, and the river was .... AN ACE!!! These events were all in the space of 20 hands, and at the start of the tournement, it starts me raising questions, such as, is it me? is poker just luck rather than how good you are? is online poker fixed? (that issue i believe is untrue but those events occur alot and really set me thinking)Please do not hesitate to leave a comment, I am very interested to hear everyones opinions, whether its relevent to my few events of not, many thanks all

After these series of cards im not sure if poker is the game i thought
I'm guessing this is correct, it most likely is not.

oi i was experimenting with font sizes!!!And yeah its true this happened today on ladbrokes, i have the hands replayed on poker office.I put it down to a sick day

Nothing serious to really say.If true, that was a huge anomaly. Not only will you not get aces that frequently, but you certainly won't get them cracked as many times, and that amazing string of events would lead one to believe that somethin funny was goin on with that dealer.No need to dwell, crazy stuff happens in this game, you gotta be willing to deal. Bobby Baldwin says that a great player is defined by his ability to take a punch. In boxing, some great fighters take one punch and go down and never get back up. Poker is no different really.

Thanks for Taking a look at my post, I have recently played a $2000 tournement, and im not sure where i stand with my cards anymore, may i just list a few goings on from my point of view in this tournement on an online poker siteblablabla
DNIQUE420? CU in 4?
oi i was experimenting with font sizes!!!And yeah its true this happened today on ladbrokes, i have the hands replayed on poker office.I put it down to a sick day
^^^^^There's your problem, you played on Ladbrokes. You should play on Pokerstars, they never have bad beats.
^^^^^There's your problem, you played on Ladbrokes. You should play on Pokerstars, they never have bad beats.
This made me laugh and cry at the same time.

== i checked and he raised==FYI to OP...if you are the first one to enter a pot after the flop, it's called a "bet" not a "raise". Calling it a raise makes it sound like you bet 0 and the villan raised your bet of 0. Just makes your post more credible.

Actually with AA vs KK vs JJ Preflop you're only about 2/3 favourite to win the pot, so I don't think the first hand even qualifies as too harsh a bad beat.So all that really happened was you getting sucked out on by a two-outer on the river... once. If that's really changing your outlook on the game of poker, then this probably isn't the right game for you, yes. Actually in my very first reallife poker tourney I got two-outed on the river with KK vs QQ against a small stack going all-in preflop, same player later busted me with a three-outer on the river when he hit his King with AJ vs KT. Following your logic, I should've stopped playing that very moment? Percentage-wise, that was a far worse bad beat than what you described, and I don't think there's anyone playing poker for some time who doesn't have tons of far worse stories to tell.

I feel pretty confident in saying that due to your poker terminology and other things in your original post, I do not think you were playing a $2000 tourny, but a $2000 play-money tourny. However, the bad beats, however bad they may have been, are still just as discouraging since you won't be able to pick up the new Fall '07 style hat your poker site just put up for $1,000,000,000,000 in play money.

i have a nervous condition and when i bluff i fart really loud and it vary's the tonal side, the pitch goes from a squeeker to the bumps in a road. is this why i cant bluff.when its a real stone cold 4 bullets fired in the pot it stinks really bad i mean the felt want to run jeez if i only could control myself!!!

i have a nervous condition and when i bluff i fart really loud and it vary's the tonal side, the pitch goes from a squeeker to the bumps in a road. is this why i cant bluff.when its a real stone cold 4 bullets fired in the pot it stinks really bad i mean the felt want to run jeez if i only could control myself!!!
If your junior high english teacher had done her job, this post would be A LOT funnier.