Wow This Makes Me Feel Better..dn Bust Out Hand

PokerStars Game #11136756896: Tournament #56058783, $300+$20 Hold'em No Limit - Level IV (50/100) - 2007/07/25 - 22:23:38 (ET)Table '56058783 71' 9-max Seat #7 is the buttonSeat 1: bonzo9876 (5093 in chips) Seat 2: BodogAri (7890 in chips) Seat 3: cane3418 (3450 in chips) Seat 4: xxjondxx (1283 in chips) Seat 5: Croixdawg (5964 in chips) Seat 6: goodthing_10 (9194 in chips) Seat 7: bigcoop23 (2650 in chips) Seat 8: KidPoker (2042 in chips) Seat 9: johnnys5 (2265 in chips) KidPoker: posts small blind 50johnnys5: posts big blind 100*** HOLE CARDS ***bonzo9876: folds BodogAri: folds cane3418: folds xxjondxx: folds Croixdawg: folds goodthing_10: folds bigcoop23: folds KidPoker: calls 50johnnys5: raises 200 to 300KidPoker said, "200-6100 in a day and a half"KidPoker: calls 200*** FLOP *** [6d 8c 5h]bonzo9876 said, "ari u comin to cali next month"KidPoker: bets 1742 and is all-injohnnys5: calls 1742*** TURN *** [6d 8c 5h] [7h]*** RIVER *** [6d 8c 5h 7h] [Jd]*** SHOW DOWN ***KidPoker: shows [Kd 6h] (a pair of Sixes)johnnys5: shows [8d 9s] (a straight, Five to Nine)johnnys5 collected 4084 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 4084 | Rake 0 Board [6d 8c 5h 7h Jd]Seat 1: bonzo9876 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 2: BodogAri folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 3: cane3418 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 4: xxjondxx folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 5: Croixdawg folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 6: goodthing_10 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 7: bigcoop23 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 8: KidPoker (small blind) showed [Kd 6h] and lost with a pair of SixesSeat 9: johnnys5 (big blind) showed [8d 9s] and won (4084) with a straight, Five to NineI suck hard but that isn't how you build a bankroll...

I often think to myself when i see hands like this.... what was the guy thinking calling the all in with 89... unless there was a bounty of course!!

DN is building a bankroll?
trying to see if he far he can take $200
DN could have already had a straight or 2 pair. He only called because he had top pair and was lucky to be in good shape
3rd pair? Come onThat is a pretty bad play...Not alot to defend there...
3rd pair? Come onThat is a pretty bad play...Not alot to defend there...
Have you seen DN play? He could have had anything but i'll give the guy credit for a good read and call

99.9% of this forum, myself included, are not qualified to objectively opine on these hands. There's a million things that go into their decisions that we are unaware of.

99.9% of this forum, myself included, are not qualified to objectively opine on these hands. There's a million things that go into their decisions that we are unaware of.
Hope you're not talking to meAll I basically said was if the guy had a big Ace he couldn't call which be fairly standard here
I'm not sure I've ever "objectively opined" about anything. Maybe once when I was drunk.
I somewhat agree.I think it is ok to have an opinion on a hand though. What is the harm in that? I had been watching the table. There wasn't any real reason for the all in there. Very unlike typical DN style...

i guess im just a retard that cant read hand histories ... i thought they got all in preflop... now i see why the guy called.... costs nothing to pay attention i hear...

its a 10 dollar tourny and it's DN. he puts 10k in preflop with garbage in real life.
$300+$20 Hold'em No Limit
looks like it's a little higher than that.
Hope you're not talking to meAll I basically said was if the guy had a big Ace he couldn't call which be fairly standard here
Na, no one in particular. I can't hate on a hockey guy. :club:
I'm not sure I've ever "objectively opined" about anything. Maybe once when I was drunk.
lol
I somewhat agree.I think it is ok to have an opinion on a hand though. What is the harm in that? I had been watching the table. There wasn't any real reason for the all in there. Very unlike typical DN style...
No problem with opinions, I was just reminding people there could easily be other factors involved in these decisions, and actions in the hand that none of us know about from a raw HH.

I think I played the hand just fine, but what do I know. I limped from the small blind feeling like my neighbor was bound to get frisky (he was) and then I flopped a pair with a very short stack. A move in might still get a call from a hand like AK if he felt like I was on a draw. In fact, my bet looks exactly like a draw. For him to raise pre-flop AND hit that flop is highly unlikely. He happened to have 8-9 off suit and flopped a pair also... oh well?

I think I played the hand just fine, but what do I know. I limped from the small blind feeling like my neighbor was bound to get frisky (he was) and then I flopped a pair with a very short stack. A move in might still get a call from a hand like AK if he felt like I was on a draw. In fact, my bet looks exactly like a draw. For him to raise pre-flop AND hit that flop is highly unlikely. He happened to have 8-9 off suit and flopped a pair also... oh well?
Discuss your hands in the Tournament Strategy forum, not in General Poker, you noob. :club:

I'd really, really like to know how Daniel built from $200 to $6100 in a day and a half. I'm currently trying to build to $10k from no deposit and it's taken me almost a month to build up my first $1k (started in the 70 FPP satellites for the Sunday $100k and I've built up from winning one of those mostly through SNG's (made quite a few 20 table SNG FT's along the way). I'm assuming he's just said bankroll management be damned and sat the whole $200 at $2/4NL until he was up 5 buyins or so, then moved up and repeated a few times, but I'd really like to know specifics.

I personally think the whole hand was spewwwage.