Welcome to PokerStars!

I played in my first MT sitngo last night on PokerStars. I used to play a lot on Ultimate Bet and I still have money in there, but I wanted to try out PokerStars, since a lot of people on here seem to play there and like it. On UB, they have one table SnG, so I'm not used to the format of the two table one, but it's not exactly hard to adapt to... :wink: So anyway, I'm playing well, gets down to about 6 or 7 handed. The guy next to me is on a short stack, I'm fairly low, but not in "double up or get up" mode. He goes all in, I'm pretty sure that he has a low pocket pair at best. I call with A-10d, he has A-5h, So i'm dominating. Flop brings no heart draw and no straight draw. Turn is blank. River? You guessed it. 5. So I'm a little burned, but still composed (I'm pretty good at laughing off hands like that). So now I'm the short stack with 6 people left a few hands later. I get Pocket Jacks. I'm around 450, with 75-150 chips, so I'm going all in no matter what. The same guy next to me goes all in. I go all in and another two people call. So I'm hoping that they think that we have nothing. Since there are still two active players, cards are still face down. Flop is all low cards. 735 i think. I'm pretty confident so far. One of the other guys bets enough to cause the 4th to fold. Q on the turn. The guy that sucked out on me before has 77! So he caught a two outer! What does the third guy have? 46!!! He called two all ins pre-flop with a 46! River is a King and my JJ lose to both a 77 and 46! What a way to start out on PokerStars!!Note: This is not a PokerStars is teh suxor!!!111eleven!1 post. Just had to blow off some steam.

A similar hand happened to me in a pokerstars Sit N' Go. It was early on, the blinds were still 10-20, but an earlier bad beat had me down to 900 in chips. I was in late position with AA. Everyone limped into me. Even though it was early, I had good reads on two players. One, we'll call Mr. Tight, only raises pre-flop with KK or better and won't raise afterwards even with the nuts. Post flop, a minimum bet meant they have a hand, a check means nothing. The other, Mr. Aggressive will play everything. He'd done well so far, already having knocked out two players. I raised to 6x the big blind, hoping to drive everybody out except Mr. Agressive one seat to my right. Instead, Mr. Tight playing from the blinds reraised me. I'd be worried if I didn't have aces. Mr. Aggressive calls. I reraise all-in figuring they'll both call and I'll be in good shape to triple up. They both do call.The Flop comes down K-7-2 rainbow. Mr. Tight, who has about 500 left, bets 20 into a pot of 3000. I'm a little worried he hit trip kings. Mr. Aggressive called. The turn was a 4. Another bet of 20, and Mr. Aggressive pushes him all in, which he calls. I looked first to see if Mr. Tight had kings, was surprised to see that he had aces like me. Then I saw the 4-2 Mr. Aggressive was holding. I could not believe it. I couldn't believe that we both were dealt aces or that even Mr. Aggressive would play a 4-2 in that situation. At the time I was irritated that Mr. Tight didn't go all-in after the flop, but in retrospect, I bet Mr. Aggressive still would have called, after all, he paired his 2. Not so much a bad beat as bad timing, bad betting, and bad calling. Easily the craziest hand I've been a part of.

I don't know about getting to upset over that. First of all, you both were short stacked, he had enough in his stack to try and take you both out. When you get into these situations, these kind of things happen. Remember by calling this bet, he is getting more on his money. Figuring you both to have high cards, it's possible to gamble here and try to knock 2 players out at once. Of course it all depends how much he has in his stack whether to make this play or not. If it didn't significantly damage his stack, calling wouldn't have been so terrible. Now, I don't know what his thought process was, but mine would be that I could take 2 players out at once and by me doing this, it would make everybody else take notice that I am capable of calling with anything. Sometimes you make calls as the underdog when you feel it is profitable to do so. Also, factor in that 2 guys were all-in. He is getting 2:1 on his money. If he had made the call headsup, then it would have been a boneheaded play, but given that there were 2 people all-in and as long as it didn't take too much of his chip stack to call, it wasn't a terrible play IMO.