Razz Hand Ranking Question

PLaying HORSE and rather new when it comes to Razz.How does A, 3, 4, 6, 7 beat A, 2, 4, 5, 8Is it because of the 8? So the cards in the middle mean nothing?Can anyone help with Hand Rankings?Thanks!

The best tip I got when first learning these games was to make a number out of the hands, starting with the highest card. The lower number wins. So in this case you would have 76,431 < 85,421. Somewhat simplistic, but easy to use.

The best tip I got when first learning these games was to make a number out of the hands, starting with the highest card. The lower number wins. So in this case you would have 76,431 < 85,421. Somewhat simplistic, but easy to use.
Bingo.
Yeah but 77,431 > 85,421 (And somewhere a mathematician's head explodes)
Wrong? 7743A < 8543A, any non pair hands beats a paired hand, kthksEDIT: Oh you mean 7743A is a higher ranked hand, gotcha, confusing
Do u c y?
Sorry. Apply only when hands are unpaired. Generally, folks new to the game don't get too confused when a pair is involved. :club:
well no since in razz you need a full house or 3 pair for the pair to play in the hand
Wow. I never thought of it that way. That's a really cool trick to show a beginner... You might even get it snuck into your home game explaining it like that... :club:

Razz is such a trick, it doesn't even matter what you have as long as the other guy gets boned harder then you do. That being the case, me and my friend who frequent small HORSE tourney's decided that the best strategy is to just fold.

Razz is such a trick, it doesn't even matter what you have as long as the other guy gets boned harder then you do. That being the case, me and my friend who frequent small HORSE tourney's decided that the best strategy is to just fold.
That is EXACTLY why you *play* it, my friend. Factor in upcard information, and you can gain quite an edge over the typical donk.