I apologize in advance, the hand history for this particular hand did not show up in my folder for some reason so i could not convert, so please bear with me.Hero: 88.90Seat 2: 180Seat 3: 200Seat 4: 95Seat 5: 155Seat 6: 320Pre-Flop: Hero is big blindDealt to Hero [ Jh 10h 8d 7c]ACTION: seat3 calls, seat4 calls, seat 5 folds, seat 6 completes, Hero checks Pot = $10Flop [ 9h 6h 2d ] Action: Seat 6 bets $8, Hero raises to $32, rest fold.... seat 6 thinks forever and calls. Pot = $74Turn [ 9h 6h 2d Ad ] Action: Seat 6 bets enough to put hero all in, hero calls So my raise on the flop is basically me being agressive in a limped pot hoping to take it down with lots of outs. When the villian takes forever and calls, i put him on a weak flush draw or maybe a smaller straight draw. When he puts me all in on the turn, i think i may be up against maybe aces up, but i still have tons of outs. Did i play this alright? What could have been done differently? I felt i was pretty much committed to the hand after the flop

I apologize in advance, the hand history for this particular hand did not show up in my folder for some reason so i could not convert, so please bear with me.Hero: 88.90Seat 2: 180Seat 3: 200Seat 4: 95Seat 5: 155Seat 6: 320Pre-Flop: Hero is big blindDealt to Hero [ Jh 10h 8d 7c]ACTION: seat3 calls, seat4 calls, seat 5 folds, seat 6 completes, Hero checks Pot = $10Flop [ 9h 6h 2d ] Action: Seat 6 bets $8, Hero raises to $32, rest fold.... seat 6 thinks forever and calls. Pot = $74Turn [ 9h 6h 2d Ad ] Action: Seat 6 bets enough to put hero all in, hero calls So my raise on the flop is basically me being agressive in a limped pot hoping to take it down with lots of outs. When the villian takes forever and calls, i put him on a weak flush draw or maybe a smaller straight draw. When he puts me all in on the turn, i think i may be up against maybe aces up, but i still have tons of outs. Did i play this alright? What could have been done differently? I felt i was pretty much committed to the hand after the flop
ummm how can you not put villian on nut flush draw and now top pair, possibly aces up. I think you are drawing dead to only a non heart 5 7 8 10.

i raise this hand pfas played, it's pretty close but it's clear that he has a set or two pair, a set of aces is the best possibility in this case...we have the price here to call if all our outs are live, but that is a narrow shot...i think i fold here very very reluctantly

See i had a hard time putting him on three aces because he didnt raise pre-flop, with all that dead money out there i would think it would be prime position for a huge pre-flop raise from aces. The results of the hand shocked me, because i was actually ahead with Jack high. Villian had nothing but a 7 8 offsuit for the same open ender and a 3d 5d for a backdoor flush draw. I ended up making a flush, but can you expect aces to limp in that spot?

Flop raise is good. We are in position vs the raiser. We push same draws and maybe the flush draw off the pot.I don't understand how you guys can put him on a set of aces. He didn't raise preflop. He led into a crowded and draw heavy flop , got raised and flat called. Do aces make that play?You have 54 left on turn , no? 54 for a 128$ pot. Seems like a call to me without calculating the odds.

I don't understand how you guys can put him on a set of aces. He didn't raise preflop. He led into a crowded and draw heavy flop , got raised and flat called. Do aces make that play?
it really depends on the actual skill level of the player...most people don't understand why one pair is never good on this flop and would be willing to lead at it...and before the flop, there's a chance if he had aces without backup that he might just complete and take the flopobv it won't be a set of aces every time, but again i think a set or two pair is the most likely hand here
it really depends on the actual skill level of the player...most people don't understand why one pair is never good on this flop and would be willing to lead at it...and before the flop, there's a chance if he had aces without backup that he might just complete and take the flopobv it won't be a set of aces every time, but again i think a set or two pair is the most likely hand here
I actually put him on Nut Flush Draw which turned into two pairs on turn.

I am agreeing with bud on this one, but the other opinions hold alot of merit as well. In omaha, no player with any understanding of the game will cold call with aces in this spot, they are repotting it on the flop, similarly if they have a set, repotting on the flop. The information that led me to think he didnt have a strong flush draw was the time bank worth of time he took to make the call, though it is not a strong tell alot of the time, in this situation with him facing a re-raise, he is either calculating odds to hit his weak hand, or just struggling to make a weak call with a smaller draw. Since this is a larger game, his turn bet to try and steal it is very possible, but i would hope he would realize i am not folding with these pot odds. A9 could have been a real possibility, but i have the pot odds and outs to make the call.Bud, from my position, do you raise this hand preflop?

No , i don't. It is a drawing hand with a non nut flush possibility. I don't want to build a big pot Out of position and draw expensively in later streets.However , Simo can give 48763 different reasons to raise this hand preflop. It is just a matter of style.

This is super standard. You've got a monster draw on the flop, so of course you raise and you've still got 10-19 outs on the turn so it's an auto-call. Kind of a dull hand really. Well, except for the people telling you to fold the turn. I guess they made it somewhat entertaining.