Numbers Have Been Tallied

I started this little project out of curiosity. When I started this I was torn because of the pure amount of $ that I started to see.I did leave out one part of the stats and that was the % total amount of $ that came out of every events prize pool for the "staff". The reason I left it out was this, I did not want to start a pizzing match between the players and the dealers or vice versa.Trust me there is no reason for -ANYONE- and I do mean -ANYONE- to say because a person did not tip with his winnings that he sucks,axzhole,ect.... If you want to know the number get off your bunns and do the math.When you see what the total of the "Tourney Entry Fee" for 55 events its hard for me to wrap my head around there is that much money being pulled out one pocket at a time. No I am not a dealer and I will tip dealers. That being said when and if I ever play WSOP and win will I tip? NO!! Why, beacuse a tourney event of this size with this much $$ being thrown around its not my responsibility.I paid my tip when I bought in with all the rest of the players.I have compiled these #'s so peaple will become aware of how much $$$ WSOP brings when it is operating during the summer and that poker is not a dying fad. These #'s have been a total of the following catagories through 55 events Are these solid #'s. to the best of my abilities.Spend 5 hours and check me Event #21 and 35 I could not get data on the "Tourney Entry FEE" so these are the best I can do # of Buy In's 54,249 # of Re-Buys 4,152 actual # of Buy In's 58,401 Total amount of the Prize Pool $160,662,294.00 Total amount of "Tourney Entry" fee's that Harra's charged $14,083,534.65It works out that Harra's pulls 8% and change off the top of the total prize pool for there "Tourney Entry Fee"Am I complaining that they are pulling that 8% and change off the top. NO... I am just a curious cat!!!!Take what you want from this. However you look at it thats a sh!tcake amount of money that hits vegas over 6 weeks for 1 event.Total in the $$$$$ for lodging,food,entertainment,cab fares,ect...it is alot of dough. Or you can become a C.E.O. works 6 months and the prize pool would be your severance pay.On a side note the craziest event had to be #54 $5000 BuyIn 78 players 226 ReBuys

Good work. Somebody send these to Mikey so he has stats to back up his rants,lol.

I did keep track of the numbers too. They are slightly different than yours. not sure why$ if you buy into every one of the events: $194.500Total number of entries: 54,291Total prize pool, before deduction: $171,578,000Total prize pool, after deduction: $159,805,244Harrah's + Dealers' take: 11,772,756# of money finishes: 5,265How much 55 bracelet winners take for 1st places: $31,963,300I derive my figures from actual prize pool numbers. Not by multiplying Total prize pool * standard percentage Harrah's listed. I do notice that the Harrah's take for the rebuys events are always less than the listed percentage. Like the 5K PLO/rebuy, only 2.88% was taken from the prize pool.

I did keep track of the numbers too. They are slightly different than yours. not sure why$ if you buy into every one of the events: $194.500Total number of entries: 54,291Total prize pool, before deduction: $171,578,000Total prize pool, after deduction: $159,805,244Harrah's + Dealers' take: 11,772,756# of money finishes: 5,265How much 55 bracelet winners take for 1st places: $31,963,300I derive my figures from actual prize pool numbers. Not by multiplying Total prize pool * standard percentage Harrah's listed. I do notice that the Harrah's take for the rebuys events are always less than the listed percentage. Like the 5K PLO/rebuy, only 2.88% was taken from the prize pool.
I might be wrong, but my understanding is that rake is not taken on rebuys, so perhaps that explains the discrepancies
I might be wrong, but my understanding is that rake is not taken on rebuys, so perhaps that explains the discrepancies
That might be correct. I know that in a $3 + $.30 rebuy on tilt the rebuys are just $3 I don't know about live though.
That might be correct. I know that in a $3 + $.30 rebuy on tilt the rebuys are just $3 I don't know about live though.
No rake on rebuys at Harrah's. For a 1k rebuy they get your rake at the beginning and then they take 1k cash for the rebuys. Nothing is taken off.
No rake on rebuys at Harrah's. For a 1k rebuy they get your rake at the beginning and then they take 1k cash for the rebuys. Nothing is taken off.
confirmed