If you cash at WSOP is there a standard % that hara's pulls out of your winnings off the top, or is the % varried ?I know they pull a % for entry fees and staff and it varries. i am crunching some numbers and i need to know what the % is if it is not the entry and staff %the numbers i have added up so far and i am only in half way will make a person loose control of thier colon.the % that harrah's recieves for entry fee is astounding. i dont know if i will post all the info but trust me if you add up the prize pool and subtract the entry and staff % out of each event the #'s are out of this world.

I thought their was just a $300 seat fee. To my calculations (6200 x $300) = $1.86 million. Are my numbers wrong?
They took $600 for the entry fee for the ME. $9400 to the prize pool, the other $600 was what you bent over and let Harrahs' take from you.

i was using what i found off the WSOP web site. there is a entry fee and a staff fee that is a % of what the total amount of the buy ins are from each event.i assume the entry fee is the "seat fee" that acid knight posted ealier. the %'s vary from event to event. i am trying to figure out how many peaple played in all events, the total amount of prize pool for all events,the amount of the entry fee{harra's sugar money}and the total amount of the staff fee for all the events.Heres a little taste from the main eventevent#55 THE MAIN EVENT$10,000 buy in6,358 players $63,580,000 total for prize pool before %'s are taken out$59,784,954 prize pool621 cashes$2,510,968 tourney entry fee @4.2%$1,076,129.10 staff fee @ 1.8%the touney entry fee and the staff fee was pulled off the top of the buy ins.thats why in my opening post i said the line about your colon and i really am having a hard time trying to decide if i should post the results for all the events as i have above.instead of each event i was going to add everything up.i am half way through this and i am ready to puke. really struggling if i want to know the what the bottom line is

This shouldn't be new news to anyone, its a huge joke given the service you get. This is why we all hate Harrahs especially. Their tourneys were so poorly run, people get screwed over, and they are making insane amounts of money.Of course, its not too different than any other tourney.And online tourneys are even worse imo when you factor in the effort made vs how much they are making. Go check how much Pokerstars makes from a Sunday tourney sometime...bleh.Mark

And online tourneys are even worse imo when you factor in the effort made vs how much they are making. Go check how much Pokerstars makes from a Sunday tourney sometime...bleh.Mark
At least the online tournies are run well and efficiently, albeit by computers. The whole staff at the WSOP was a joke. There are reasons why these people aren't employed year round as dealer and/or floor people: cause they suck at it!
At least the online tournies are run well and efficiently, albeit by computers. The whole staff at the WSOP was a joke. There are reasons why these people aren't employed year round as dealer and/or floor people: cause they suck at it!
Very true.Mark
This shouldn't be new news to anyone, its a huge joke given the service you get. This is why we all hate Harrahs especially. Their tourneys were so poorly run, people get screwed over, and they are making insane amounts of money.Of course, its not too different than any other tourney.And online tourneys are even worse imo when you factor in the effort made vs how much they are making. Go check how much Pokerstars makes from a Sunday tourney sometime...bleh.Mark
pick a sunday i get bored and have to play with numbers used to be my member but it got to swollen and scabbed so now its numbers honesty is a biotch
so true. I wouldn't say all the staff was a joke, but the majority of the floorpeople and some dealers were. After this year's WSOP I have almost no respect for Harrah's/Rio at all.