British Open Thread

Post your Open thoughts here.Daly takes the lead for a brief moment!Remember all,Caffeine + Nicotine = Protein

Post your Open thoughts here.Daly takes the lead for a brief moment!Remember all,Caffeine + Nicotine = Protein
Typical JD eagle followed by a doubleHope McGinley continues to play well, he was on course for a great round but bogied 16 & 17 to fall back to -4,Can't really look past Tiger though to tid, all he has to do is hit a few stingers and he's got it in the bag.

Every time they change camera shots, there's a jingling sound that makes a sound like a phone ringing in another room. This is driving me crazy.

For you guys that are right into golf how good do you think John Daly could have been? I mean if he was dedicated, fit, trouble free and working hard on his game? He just seems to have wasted a huge amount of natural talent or am I misguided?

I'm a big John Daly fan. To be honest, I have no idea how good he could have been. I'm glad he has so much talent, because with his personal deamons, there's no telling where he'd be today if it weren't for golf.One thing I really like about his play is the fact the he wastes no time. When it's his turn, he steps up and hits it.

Well this morning, you have some very low scores to start out the 3rd round. Steve Stricker and Chris DiMarco are both -4 in their rounds. Stricker birdied four of the first five holes, that's a great way to get back into contention.I thought Retief Goosen would make a run for Sergio today. Cannot stand him at all.Tiger's only 5 back through 7. Can't say he's out of it.

Well this morning, you have some very low scores to start out the 3rd round. Steve Stricker and Chris DiMarco are both -4 in their rounds. Stricker birdied four of the first five holes, that's a great way to get back into contention.I thought Retief Goosen would make a run for Sergio today. Cannot stand him at all.Tiger's only 5 back through 7. Can't say he's out of it.
The front 9 is playing relatively easy, It looks like players need to be making their birdies early and try and maintain their score over the back nine.and whats wrong with Sergio?
The front 9 is playing relatively easy, It looks like players need to be making their birdies early and try and maintain their score over the back nine.and whats wrong with Sergio?
Nothing IMHO, I quite like Sergio. He does however look like a beach lifesaver today though!

Remember Dan Harrington during the 2003 WSOP? Well Padraig has become one of the best in the world. I bet Dan's mom is happy.Also, that Argentine dude was crazy! No pars on the back 9.

paddy hit two amazing irons in the play off to 1 and 17, and with the 2 shot lead he played the 18th perfectly, finally another irishman wins it!

Incredible finish for an incredible Open. Can we play at Carnoustie every year?
I highly recommend it. I couldn't believe it's been 8 years since they played the Open there. Alternate St. Andrews and Carnoustie every other year.