Poker StarsLimit Omaha TournamentLimit: t150/t3008 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: t2906UTG+1: t249MP1: t5396MP2: t1367CO: t1978Button: t1563Hero: t5729BB: t3004Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is SB with 7 :D A :D 9 :D 3 :)2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls, BB raises, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls.Flop: K :D T :club: 6 :) (12SB, 6 players)Hero checks, BB checks, MP1 bets, 2 folds, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls.Turn: J :) (8BB, 4 players)Hero ?????I expect a bet from someone in LP, the table has been firing in general. The question is - is a check raise good here? It gets more bets in with the nuts with only one to come. I guess it exposes my hand, but is that okay? Do I want to try and make say the BB call two cold to continue or am I better off betting, hoping to be raised, or happy to let people chase.Im not wording this very well, but hopefully people understand.

it'd totally depend on where the live one is that would bet for you. you want to drive the action in such a way that gets the most bets in, so if c/ring but isolating would be that, then lead, otherwise, c/ring would be better if you're sure you'll get a bet behind.i hope that made sense too :club:

yeah thats kinda my question. i think i isolate (at least somewhat) if I CR, but more bets if i lead.... better to isolate with nuts or keep everyone in considering more cards to come?

Since the BB raised preflop it's much more likely that he has an A2. You have to prevent him from seeing a cheap turn and check/raise. As you can see, just calling on the flop also made the turn harder to play. You do not gain any more information about MP1's hand by just calling. On that turn more often then not I think you have to just lead out. They are checking behind with a set.

Since the BB raised preflop it's much more likely that he has an A2. You have to prevent him from seeing a cheap turn and check/raise. As you can see, just calling on the flop also made the turn harder to play. You do not gain any more information about MP1's hand by just calling. On that turn more often then not I think you have to just lead out. They are checking behind with a set.
Really? Check raising the flop seems like a leak, I'm in the wrong position wrt the raiser to do anything but bloat the pot. I could maybe lead and hope he raises, which would thin the field I suspect, but maybe not...

I will bet.Lo8 tournament players are more likely to be either weak-tight call stations or crazy gamblers but this table looks weakish. It will be checked around more often than not, and if you check the only likely bettors will be those who are holding the non-nut flush.In general, I believe that if you bet you will get more callers and hence more money than you check waiting for a check-raise.Look if no one has anything then it will be checked around, and if someone had a drawing hand such as boat draw then you are giving free roll. When you bet the call stations are more likely to call then fold, and the chasers will still chase when got bet into so why give freeroll?My general assumption on this is nullified if you have reads of course.

Really? Check raising the flop seems like a leak, I'm in the wrong position wrt the raiser to do anything but bloat the pot. I could maybe lead and hope he raises, which would thin the field I suspect, but maybe not...
It makes no sense to check/call this flop. You have too many outs and want the A2 out. If you can get heads up that's even better. You could end up winning the low with a 37. You are 5:4 to picking up a low draw on the turn and 19:26 to picking up an A3 draw on the turn.

You have to either lead the flop or CR the flop to find out if a set is out there....I would most often lead out in a tourney - I don't mind if the pot gets built (I have str8 outs too) and I don't mind if someone raises and thins the field to promote my low draw. CC is horrible.On the turn you must lead - giving a set a free card is horrible - and it is not certain that anyone will bet a worse flush, and a str8 is unlikely to bet. You might even have more than one set out there who will call.

I don't see a problem with the CC on the flop. Most likely someone has two pair or a set why bet in with only one lo on the flop I think instead of raising I call. I might have lead out, but wouldn't raise there. As far as the turn I would always lead out too likely set draws and str8s check behind.

I don't see a problem with the CC on the flop. Most likely someone has two pair or a set why bet in with only one lo on the flop I think instead of raising I call. I might have lead out, but wouldn't raise there. As far as the turn I would always lead out too likely set draws and str8s check behind.
You do realize that you are losing equity by check/calling? This is a monster hand. He has a gunshot, nut flush draw, backdoor straight draw, and backdoor low draw with some counterfit protection. If you get heads up that is great, because odds are you knocked out the low draws. If it is still a multiway you made a value bet. Check/calling is clearly a terrible play on this flop.

So I've been experimenting with playing these big multidraws a lot faster, and it seems to be pretty effective. Running goot and hitting them doesn't hurt...