i don't see how anyone could be offended at what i said. i find him boring and have no interest in following him, if you do that's fine and we have different interests. i would rather if brandi hawbecker represented pstars, but that's just me. btw, in my understanding the purpose of the forum is to express opinions and respond to others. in my opinion, i was honestly surprised pstars hired will wheaton b/c i do not see his appeal.
It wasn't really as much of an interest following him (Like his career, he's not a top pro), the interest is that he played at lower levels and opened himself up to alot more people then most pros.
It wasn't really as much of an interest following him (Like his career, he's not a top pro), the interest is that he played at lower levels and opened himself up to alot more people then most pros.
i play at the lower levels and open myself up to alot more people than top pros...
i play at the lower levels and open myself up to alot more people than top pros...
Wil Wheaton is an eloquent interesting writer.gmashade is ????
AMG! Le flame from le mod!Yes, Wil is a very good writer.I'm always interested in his Game articles on Onion, but it looks like he might have moved on...

Just FYI: The point of "Team Pokerstars" never was to get the best poker players around to endorse Pokerstars - it was supposed to represent a cross-section of the poker-world and collect people with more or less name recognition who are able to establish a positive image for Pokerstars by the way they conduct themselves on and off the tables. And Wil Wheaton fulfilled that role perfectly as a smart, friendly, outspoken and open guy. He was never expected to take down the WSOP or become a winning player at nosebleed stakes or so.[btw. for the same reason I think that DN perfectly fits with Pokerstars as well - besides his obvious poker skills - just look at the way he handles the idiot-rail whenever he's playing... ;) ]

that is harsh bro. i thought the mods were supposed to be unbiased. lolhonestly, if will wheaton made a poll about whether he should leave pstars or stay he obviously would not get the response i got. imo i am a more interesting writer and player than him, and i would guess that if most people had the choice they would rather meet gmanshade than will wheaton.
that is harsh bro. i thought the mods were supposed to be unbiased. lolif most people had the choice they would rather meet gmanshade than will wheaton.
i think you're right, but it's not because they want to be friends or hang out...

I am trying to figure out if gmanshade is actually jealous of Wil Wheaton or suffers from low self esteem. I also don't not understand the odd attraction to Brandi Hawbecker, more than likely she is out of gmanshade's league. However assuming she isn't, what can you offer Brandi that Capt. Tom didn't?

I am trying to figure out if gmanshade is actually jealous of Wil Wheaton or suffers from low self esteem. I also don't not understand the odd attraction to Brandi Hawbecker, more than likely she is out of gmanshade's league. However assuming she isn't, what can you offer Brandi that Capt. Tom didn't?
u r saying she is out of my league, but not sklansky or captain tom? give me a break. i'm 6 feet tall, athletic, 175 pounds, and not bad looking. in the right circumstances it is very possible i could tag her. although, i def wouldn't tell my gf, and i would want to try it out for a while to see how crazy she is first. honestly, i have a feeling she wouldn't be as understanding as my gf. to respond to wandigo, i don't think people on here would want to want to hang out with me to learn poker. some of the people on here are wayyyyyy better players than me. im just saying i bring a certain dynamism on here and in real life that makes people want to buy me a beer, talk, play pool, or whatever, whereas imho will wheaton is not the most exciting person.

I' m surprised this topic is getting such a response. Maybe Pokerstars was wrong to let him go.

I think the comments on his blog about leaving Pokerstars say it all:http://wilwheaton.typepad.com/wwdnbackup/2...ng_and_tha.html "I wanted to perhaps have the last word here. I was the one who, at the urging of my then-colleague Lee Jones, convinced Wil to join Team PokerStars two years ago. (full disclosure note: both Lee and I have since left PokerStars – Lee for the European Poker Tour, myself for a startup poker venture.)Without getting too maudlin (I hope), I wanted to thank Wil publicly with the words that I have used privately since 2005. We had three expectations of Team PokerStars members: love the game, play well and make us proud. That may sound idealistic, particularly coming from a marketing guy, but the fact is that any player that can do all three of these things is a superhero in our book, one that represents the best of the game.Team PokerStars wasn’t supposed to represent the top players in poker. It was supposed to represent a cross-section of the poker world. We had young, old, male, female, poker pros, talented amateurs, authors, lawyers, gamers and even a TV producer (OK, he also won a few poker tournaments). What I hoped when we invited Wil to join the team was that he would widen our audience a bit and speak to our players with a different voice.What I didn’t expect was that Wil would go way beyond team member. Great example: not long after joining Team PokerStars, the Katrina disaster struck Louisiana and elsewhere. Wil emailed me and suggested that we should run a few tournaments, maybe $5 and $10, with players agreeing to donate all but $0.01 to Katrina Relief. I told him that PokerStars would be happy to do so, and that we’d match whatever players pledged. We talked about perhaps raising $10,000 collectively for Katrina relief. Wil aggressively pursued this on the blog and at every opportunity he had.As it turns out, the poker community turned out en masse to support Wil’s idea. We added bigger tournaments and more opportunities to contribute. And when all of the smoke cleared, we collectively raised $127,805 for Katrina relief, a number that truly staggered us (and as a side note, Wil made the final table of the $100 event, finishing third).There is no question that Wil loves the game. And there is also no question that he plays well, perhaps considerably better than he believes. But most importantly: he made us – not just PokerStars, but all of us – proud to have him as part of the team, and proud to know him.We don’t have to hold hands and sing Kumbaya now. I just wanted to get my last few words in, and make sure that Wil and all of you know how much he was appreciated.Dan Goldman (formerly VP of Marketing, PokerStars)Posted by: DuplicatePoker | June 06, 2007 at 06:23 PM -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------1. I always get the last word in after Dan Goldman.2. Part of the convenience of getting the last word in after Dan Goldman is that I can often simply say, "Yeah, what Dan said." This is definitely one of those times.3. My own feeble attempt to add some value: the *prime* reason that Team PokerStars exists is to create brand recognition and a positive image for PokerStars. Nobody - NOBODY - understood that better than Wil Wheaton. Wil was a consumate professional in that role. He was engaging, polite, and positive in every encounter with press or player, shining a positive light on PokerStars everywhere he went.There are plenty of better poker players than Wil on Team PokerStars and plenty of people on Team PokerStars with more name recognition. But Wil stands out in my mind as one of two or three guys on Team PokerStars that you just *know* are going to hit the mark (to use a distinctly apt term of art) every time. No grandstanding, no getting headlines for the wrong reasons, no confusion about whether they're supposed to be selling PokerStars or themselves, etc.Just a really competent professional doing his job.And a hell of a nice guy.Me and Dan, we knew what we were doing when we brought Wil onto Team PokerStars. I'm really proud of that.Regards, Lee Posted by: Lee Jones | June 12, 2007 at 09:32 AM "

Gordo has leaches on his sack.Keifer Sutherland was a badass in that movie.
If you could one food for the rest of your life what would it be? That's easy, Pez, Cherry flavored Pez.
u r saying she is out of my league, but not sklansky or captain tom? give me a break. i'm 6 feet tall, athletic, 175 pounds, and not bad looking. in the right circumstances it is very possible i could tag her. although, i def wouldn't tell my gf, and i would want to try it out for a while to see how crazy she is first. honestly, i have a feeling she wouldn't be as understanding as my gf. to respond to wandigo, i don't think people on here would want to want to hang out with me to learn poker. some of the people on here are wayyyyyy better players than me. im just saying i bring a certain dynamism on here and in real life that makes people want to buy me a beer, talk, play pool, or whatever, whereas imho will wheaton is not the most exciting person.
do you have a mental disorder? dillusions of grandeur? This kind of idiocy is probably why you were almost voted off this island( i didn't vote btw). You remind of a three year old that has to be the center of attention - good or bad doesn't matter.How some random internet jackass can say these things is mind boggling to say the least.
do you have a mental disorder? dillusions of grandeur? This kind of idiocy is probably why you were almost voted off this island( i didn't vote btw). You remind of a three year old that has to be the center of attention - good or bad doesn't matter.How some random internet jackass can say these things is mind boggling to say the least.
lmao. no delusions of grandeur, bro, just a true statement of fact. i could create a thread called "how to knit: ten easy steps" and it would get 5k views simply because i am involved. there are better poker players on this site, there are even more famous people on this site (daniel n., harry demetriou, etc) but there is a special cache that comes with my posts and people are interested in what i have to say.