I disagree on the "smart" and "DN would do it" part. I think it is pretty stupid because it gives away information and bad style too - I can't see Daniel doing something like that.I don't think it is against the rules though.
it is smart and DN has done it. He's also inadverdantly given away his hand in the process. Don't you remember on HSP against Antonio E. when he tried to confuse him with talk gave away his own hand then sucked out. It's all part of the game and every pro does things like this when they feel it will give them an advantage even DN.

^^^saying "****, misclick, please fold I give you the money back" (probably holding AA) and then not giving the money back is pretty cheap. Much more so than DN's typical table talk (or anyone else's that I've seen on TV for that matter), in my opinion.

^^^saying "****, misclick, please fold I give you the money back" (probably holding AA) and then not giving the money back is pretty cheap. Much more so than DN's typical table talk (or anyone else's that I've seen on TV for that matter), in my opinion.
no doubt. all i meant was DN uses table talk to distract his opponent as much as any other pro. I'd like to see Mercury punch him in the teeth like he said he would if DN talked while he was in the tank. :club:
Interesting point.Imagine if DN says in the middle of a 10k pot "if you fold here, I'll pay you 2k" then doesn't pay. What would happen?Not saying the two are related or if this is relevant for anything, but it's an interesting thought.
Maybe its just me but I dont see anything wrong with any of this. IMO its all part of the game.
I shouldnt say that. If someone says they will ship money and then doesnt that is "bush" league, but I dont have any problem with people being deceptive with their table chat/talk.
  • 2 weeks later...

Just thought I'd add the results - FTP support banned his chat for an undisclosed period and have warned him about his future conduct."I have reviewed the chat logs for this particular game and do notice that player "CashGameDonk" is out of line with their chat and was attempting to use his chat to affect the outcome of a hand."

Isn't any kind of offer like this (I'll ship back some money to you - don't call etc.) blatant collusion? I've seen this kind of post many times and not understood why it is allowed or even remotely acceptable. Even in a pot that has become heads up there were originally other players in the pot. Say player A limps and player B makes a large raise which player C calls upon which player A folds. Player B and Player C now make any kind of "deal" I say they are colluding and stealing A's money. I think any kind of agreement like this is collusion.Relating this to OP's situation - When CashGameDonk asks for a fold for a cash back he is colluding and should be punished by support. Evidently I'm an idiot and just quoted myself so I'm trying again.

Isn't any kind of offer like this (I'll ship back some money to you - don't call etc.) blatant collusion? I've seen this kind of post many times and not understood why it is allowed or even remotely acceptable. Even in a pot that has become heads up there were originally other players in the pot. Say player A limps and player B makes a large raise which player C calls upon which player A folds. Player B and Player C now make any kind of "deal" I say they are colluding and stealing A's money. I think any kind of agreement like this is collusion.
It was misclick I meant to hit EDIT don't flame and I'll ship you 50 Skalansky bucks.
Isn't any kind of offer like this (I'll ship back some money to you - don't call etc.) blatant collusion? I've seen this kind of post many times and not understood why it is allowed or even remotely acceptable. Even in a pot that has become heads up there were originally other players in the pot. Say player A limps and player B makes a large raise which player C calls upon which player A folds. Player B and Player C now make any kind of "deal" I say they are colluding and stealing A's money. I think any kind of agreement like this is collusion.Relating this to OP's situation - When CashGameDonk asks for a fold for a cash back he is colluding and should be punished by support. Evidently I'm an idiot and just quoted myself so I'm trying again.
There is a difference between colluding and this kind of table talk. Colluding is when two (or more) players work together to put other players at a disadvantage. In this case he's working alone and using his mouth (or keyboard) to try to influence Hero's play. It may be cheap and sleazy, but it's not collusion.

The Laak thing was obviously a joke. I play in Commerce all the time. The $100 chips are white and standard sized. The $5K chips are bright pink and larger. There would be no doubt how much he is betting. Everyone in that game knows what a $5K chip looks like.BTW, I've seen Laak at Commerce. He sits in a 20/40 NL game with a ridiculous amount of money for the game, often cash. The $100K raise does not surprise me.

There is a difference between colluding and this kind of table talk. Colluding is when two (or more) players work together to put other players at a disadvantage. In this case he's working alone and using his mouth (or keyboard) to try to influence Hero's play. It may be cheap and sleazy, but it's not collusion.
I am suggesting that CashGameDonk is proposing that OP collude with him to chop up pot which puts the rest of the players at a disadvantage in this game. I think it is obvious collusion and I'm surprised that others don't agree. I believe that Stars considers it collusion if someone is sitting out in a tourney and a player verbalizes in chat "let's blind this guy out". Splitting up his blinds till he is gone.
Something like this happened to me the other day.I have AK, big pot flop was KQx. I bet, 2 callers. Turn 9, Shorty openshoves for like $56, I call, other guy minraises, immediately says "$(*$ Misclick!"I fold, he turns up JT for the nuts. The worst thing is that he was a 2/4NL regular and not just some random donk.
That's not an angleshoot, that's just some guy not wanting action with the nuts for whatever reason.
I am suggesting that CashGameDonk is proposing that OP collude with him to chop up pot which puts the rest of the players at a disadvantage in this game. I think it is obvious collusion and I'm surprised that others don't agree. I believe that Stars considers it collusion if someone is sitting out in a tourney and a player verbalizes in chat "let's blind this guy out". Splitting up his blinds till he is gone.
tournament != cash game, you think it's colluding when players agree to chop pots based on equity, or run turn/river multiple times?