Bring on the Pay per View, BABY! It's going to be EPIC!
I was just thinking same thing, with Scotty at FT it might be entertaining enough to buy this. Anyone on here buy/watch this last year and if so how was it?
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just thinking same thing, with Scotty at FT it might be entertaining enough to buy this. Anyone on here buy/watch this last year and if so how was it?
We didn't have to buy it, there were some free links online so we just used those.
I watched the entire thing last year...11 hours or so. Probably longer this year. I'll treat it like a Superbowl Party. Snacks, Drinks, People coming and going... :D The most degenerates come right after work and stay till they have to go to work :club:
I watched the entire thing last year...11 hours or so. Probably longer this year. I'll treat it like a Superbowl Party. Snacks, Drinks, People coming and going... :D The most degenerates come right after work and stay till they have to go to work :club:
Is it close in production as there regular broadcast. They show hole cards I assume and have graphics and whatnot?
Is it close in production as there regular broadcast. They show hole cards I assume and have graphics and whatnot?
No hole cards. Graphics of what's out there, etc. Commentary by Phil Gordon as the main guy, but pretty much every known pro stops by and does some sort of commentary. It's like an all star game behind the mic. Great to try to read hands, etc. Discuss and learn with like minded players. My fav broadcast of the year.
Will the final table be sequestered this year, like some of the prelim events?
No way. Worldseriesofpoker.com isn't doing the video stream. ESPN is doing the live video stream.

Featured Table: Scotty Nguyen Takes an 8.1 Million Pot From Tuan LamLee Childs has the button in seat 9, Tuan Lam raises from the small blind to 500,000, and Scotty Nguyen calls from the big blind. The flop comes {K-Diamonds}{J-Clubs}{3-Diamonds}, Lam checks, Nguyen bets 500,000, Lam raises to 1.5 million, and Nguyen quickly calls. There is now 4.1 million in the pot.The turn card pairs the board with the {J-Hearts}, Lam bets 2 million, and Nguyen thinks for more than a minute before he calls. There is 8.1 million in the pot.The river card is the {6-Diamonds}, and the crowd reacts to the third diamond hitting the board. Lam checks, Nguyen bets 2 million, and Lam thinks for about a minute before he folds, leaving himself with about 13.8 million. The crowd explodes into applause as Scotty Nguyen wins the pot. Nguyen stands up and receives a congratulatory slap on the back from Raymond Rahme as he collects the pot.

Featured Table: Scotty Nguyen Takes an 8.1 Million Pot From Tuan LamLee Childs has the button in seat 9, Tuan Lam raises from the small blind to 500,000, and Scotty Nguyen calls from the big blind. The flop comes {K-Diamonds}{J-Clubs}{3-Diamonds}, Lam checks, Nguyen bets 500,000, Lam raises to 1.5 million, and Nguyen quickly calls. There is now 4.1 million in the pot.The turn card pairs the board with the {J-Hearts}, Lam bets 2 million, and Nguyen thinks for more than a minute before he calls. There is 8.1 million in the pot.The river card is the {6-Diamonds}, and the crowd reacts to the third diamond hitting the board. Lam checks, Nguyen bets 2 million, and Lam thinks for about a minute before he folds, leaving himself with about 13.8 million. The crowd explodes into applause as Scotty Nguyen wins the pot. Nguyen stands up and receives a congratulatory slap on the back from Raymond Rahme as he collects the pot.
Wow! He must be close to chip lead!Scotty got heart, ba-by!!
Still cant figure out how he went from 17.8 million down to 15.5,when the only hand mentioned wasa 500k loss he took when a raise all in came in over the top and he folded.
15.5 is an old numberEdit: I'm a moron

Nooo!!!!!!Featured Table: Tuan Lam Wins a 11.46 Million Pot Against Scotty NguyenLee Childs has the button in seat 9, Tuan Lam raises from the small blind to 480,000, Scotty Nguyen reraises from the big blind to 1.48 million, and Lam thinks for about a minute before he calls. There is already 3.06 million in the pot. The flop comes {Kh}{5s}{4h}, Lam checks, Nguyen bets 700,000, and Lam calls. There is now 4.46 million in the pot. The turn card pairs the board with the {Kd}, and both players check. The river card is the {Jd}, Lam bets 1 million, Nguyen raises to 3.5 million, and Lam goes into the tank for about five minutes before he eventually calls. Nguyen shows {4d}{3d} for two pair, kings and fours, and Lam shows {10h}{10s} for a higher two pair, kings and tens. Tuan Lam wins the pot worth 11.46 million.

Nooo!!!!!!Featured Table: Tuan Lam Wins a 11.46 Million Pot Against Scotty NguyenLee Childs has the button in seat 9, Tuan Lam raises from the small blind to 480,000, Scotty Nguyen reraises from the big blind to 1.48 million, and Lam thinks for about a minute before he calls. There is already 3.06 million in the pot. The flop comes {Kh}{5s}{4h}, Lam checks, Nguyen bets 700,000, and Lam calls. There is now 4.46 million in the pot. The turn card pairs the board with the {Kd}, and both players check. The river card is the {Jd}, Lam bets 1 million, Nguyen raises to 3.5 million, and Lam goes into the tank for about five minutes before he eventually calls. Nguyen shows {4d}{3d} for two pair, kings and fours, and Lam shows {10h}{10s} for a higher two pair, kings and tens. Tuan Lam wins the pot worth 11.46 million.
that is a BIGTIME bluff and pretty sick call at the end. that HAD to be for most if not all of Lam's stack. So close to the final table I don't know how you make that call! This is going to be incredible to watch on espn...

Scotty down to 1.35 million from 17 million only 30 minutes ago! WTH is that.Scotty taking a page out of Daniel's wsop book! Get a monster stack, and blow it away in record time.Why can't guys like Scotty and Daniel slow-down after buidling so many chips?

Scotty down to 1.35 million from 17 million only 30 minutes ago! WTH is that.Scotty taking a page out of Daniel's wsop book! Get a monster stack, and blow it away in record time.Why can't guys like Scotty and Daniel slow-down after buidling so many chips?
prob tilting a little. TP/TK vs. bottom set always hurts, esp shorthanded, AND soooooo close to the FT....
prob tilting a little. TP/TK vs. bottom set always hurts, esp shorthanded, AND soooooo close to the FT....
It's really surprising. He was basically GUARANTEED the FT, and decided to bluff 85% of his chips away at the biggest poker event in the world. Mind boggling.