Is This Our Fluffdog?

I know I wasn't talking about you. I was referring to the people who seemed to take joy in someone else's loss.
lol @ trying to be discreet.it's the interweb. call em' out.- Jordan
  • Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fluff used to annoy me with all the bold and smileys in each post, but we saw a different side to him...i was railing for a few hours and he took a lot of bad beats, nothing right was going for him, but he handled it all with a lot of class...you've got a good head on your shoulders fluff, and you obviously play well getting your roll that high, take a few days off like others have suggested and start rebuilding again...you'll be back in no time.GL

Wow this is epic.I don't care who you are, if you lose 43 buy-ins in one session its going to sting for a long long time. Take some time off bro, even if you think you can handle it. You are a good player and will be able to get through this, just take a break.
Fluff used to annoy me with all the bold and smileys in each post, but we saw a different side to him...i was railing for a few hours and he took a lot of bad beats, nothing right was going for him, but he handled it all with a lot of class...you've got a good head on your shoulders fluff, and you obviously play well getting your roll that high, take a few days off like others have suggested and start rebuilding again...you'll be back in no time.GL
wordim in no way a big timer......but these words ring trueGL bro!!~chris
Good game?i guess, i didnt see any coolers.i did however see a hand that wasflop4,6,7turn Qriver 3and you checked called the entire way with 5,7and yu even check called the river when the 3 hit. No flush draw.you might not remember that hand since you played like 8k hands. But when i saw you turn over 5,7 on that board and just check call check call check call, i was wondering why you even bother playing Hu?
wow dude, way to point out one poorly played hand by the guy when he just lost over 80k. try not to be such a fucking asshole
I was referring to the people who seemed to take joy in someone else's loss.
Think about the point of poker and consider how stupid this statement is.Anyway, tough nite Fluff, keep on keeping on.
Think about the point of poker and consider how stupid this statement is.Anyway, tough nite Fluff, keep on keeping on.
it's different when their loss is your gain, but when someone from OUR community loses that much money there shouldn't be any joy here
wow dude, way to point out one poorly played hand by the guy when he just lost over 80k. try not to be such a fucking asshole
he said he outplayed the guy and only lost to coolers.i was pointing out that i watched a couple hundred hands and thought he was out of his league. Using this example to illustrate. thats all. I really dont care if he lost 80k. It was his choice to do so
it's different when their loss is your gain, but when someone from OUR community loses that much money there shouldn't be any joy here
No one is happy.But i think a lot of people dont believe fluff's post about it being coolers and him beng able to outplay that guy
No one is happy.But i think a lot of people dont believe fluff's post about it being coolers and him beng able to outplay that guy
don't you want your opponent to underestimate you when playing poker?
Think about the point of poker and consider how stupid this statement is.
I think this was a legitimate response and not you just flaming me, so I'll respond.If you crush someone at the table you don't know and then rub it in, you're an *******. If you watch a fellow community member and rub it in on the boards, you're an even bigger *******. Some of the people here obviously take joy in seeing someone else in the community take a huge loss and then posted in this thread trying to rub it in. That's what I was talking about.I think your response was intended to refer to the fact that we're all happy when we take a lot of money off of someone, and I agree, but to act like that was a relevant response to the point I was making is misleading.

You guys need to stop arguing between being hateful @ fluffy or lovin the kid deep down inside we all feel for Justin and it really did make me sad and I know that it was painful for everyone who witnessed it.Just lighten up, he will learn from this and he still have alot of money from poker.Zomg2k.jpg

I think this was a legitimate response and not you just flaming me, so I'll respond.If you crush someone at the table you don't know and then rub it in, you're an *******. If you watch a fellow community member and rub it in on the boards, you're an even bigger *******. Some of the people here obviously take joy in seeing someone else in the community take a huge loss and then posted in this thread trying to rub it in. That's what I was talking about.I think your response was intended to refer to the fact that we're all happy when we take a lot of money off of someone, and I agree, but to act like that was a relevant response to the point I was making is misleading.
Well gee, thanks for finding my response legitimate enough to respond to.Yes, indeed my response was intended to refer to the fact that we're all happy when we take a lot of money off of someone, and therefore makes your broad, general statements about people taking joy out of other peoples losses obsolete and hypocritical.Misleading? Maybe a little, insofar as I didn't intend to mean we should take joy in a community member getting fleeced for a lot of money.With that said, nor should one fell pity.He wasn't robbed at gunpoint, he wasn't infected with AIDS while giving mouth to mouth to some dying kid in Africa while suffering an open cold-sore, his loved one wasn't struck dead by a meteor. That is to say: nothing that happened was beyond his control. He put something on the line, and lost. It was a deliberate risk.Shit happens.
Well gee, thanks for finding my response legitimate enough to respond to.Yes, indeed my response was intended to refer to the fact that we're all happy when we take a lot of money off of someone, and therefore makes your broad, general statements about people taking joy out of other peoples losses obsolete and hypocritical.Misleading? Maybe a little, insofar as I didn't intend to mean we should take joy in a community member getting fleeced for a lot of money.With that said, nor should one fell pity.He wasn't robbed at gunpoint, he wasn't infected with AIDS while giving mouth to mouth to some dying kid in Africa while suffering an open cold-sore, his loved one wasn't struck dead by a meteor. That is to say: nothing that happened was beyond his control. He put something on the line, and lost. It was a deliberate risk.Shit happens.
Okay, you're just an *******. Check. Now I know for future that your responses aren't worth responding to.
reaaallllll friendly community we got ourselves here.
Short update- More later if wanted.1. I was never tilting as you could tell from the play and the chat if you watched. (No reason to be mad at him or rail so I wasn't as usual.)2. I am not broke and I still have a good bankroll.3. Final Loss was -$86k.4. I was never (mentally) fatigued as I woke up at 3:30am and the match went from 4:25am-6:30am today or 26 hrs.5. He was playing bad (imo) the entire time and was playing like he was half asleep and loopy for the final 8-9 hrs.. If you watched you probably got the feeling I was outplaying him and was playing far better, taking him to value-town all day. This made it seem unreal that I would lose that much while clearly playing better than he was. This left most people confused as to how I lost so much.6. He had set over set over 10 times vs me hu and numerous coolers that you can't not lose with at hu. Other than that I got my $ in good. I lost a total of 5-8 preflop and postflop races. I did win 1 time. I ran as bad as you ever could to the point the rail was expecting badbeats.7. Wisconsin kid my good friend railed most of the match and I talked to him and as I knew he said I played good. He is also a excellent hu player. He agreed my thought process and in-hand reads were dead on through out the long session.Edit#8. Important to note is my record vs this guy. I played him 3 times before. I steamrolled him for $6,000 at 5/10nl hu in 10 mins and on a later date for $8,500 at 10/20nl over 1hr. This will help explain my long session as I felt I had a very large edge longterm vs this player. I do not mean to say that he was a bad player as I feel he is actually good most of the time. I personally feel I matched up well with him and I knew the details of his game.Thanks for the rail and good wishes. I will be fine so do not worry.
Best. Tilt. Disguise. Post. Ever. This session is as a good lesson as any for all of us to just take a powder when we're running bad. You can't get it back when you're running bad and especially when you are s-stacked 40:1 --- I don't care what your reads are or how much better you think you are than your opponent. At 40:1 --- the stack will bury you 99% of the time.
Okay, you're just an *******. Check. Now I know for future that your responses aren't worth responding to.
I'm just an 7 stars?I don't even know what the fuck that means, but thanks.

******* or not, spademan is 100percent correct. Sorry if the truth hurts, man, but truthful criticism` of someone's play is better for them in the long run, if they listen with an open mind, then blowing smoke uip their azz and saying "Variance is a btch

Sorry if the truth hurts, man, but truthful criticism` of someone's play is better for them in the long run, if they listen with an open mind, then blowing smoke uip their azz and saying "Variance is a btch
Once again, truthful criticism is fine. Most people on here are offering truthful criticism. There are some that are here just to rub it in. There's a difference.

I got Spademan's back on this.And, fwiw, Fluff seems less upset than some of us.He says his roll is fine, as well.It's gambling. It sucks that he lost, but I'll save my pity for the girl whose intenstines were sucked out in the wading pool.

Once again, truthful criticism is fine. Most people on here are offering truthful criticism. There are some that are here just to rub it in. There's a difference.
Agree, some people could use a filter on their messages for "niceness and tact". And IMHO I dont think anyone is going to write anything that Fluff really doesnt know already.