Is This Our Fluffdog?

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds gross..but seriously, fluff...43 buy-ins, does not just come from coolers and bad beats, I know you know this and I'm not trying to twist the knife at all...but if you say you're fine, this shouldn't be...I've played guys that I know, and had friends railing said also, I am better than, and was just losing cause that happens HU...but I really think you should have quit him much earlier than you did. And I'm not just going off results here, sometimes when a guy is just running hot like that, he really has the momentum, and owns "you" in a weird way...just like you do what he wants you do to, for some reason, things go his way...I normally quit guys when they are up 10-15 buy-ins off me.If I dont, I end up flipping with them, which usually is bad.IMO, good luck rebounding, but be careful. I really think long HU marathon sessions are bad when you clearly are getting the short stick of most situations, consistently...glglglgl<3- Jordan

Good game?i guess, i didnt see any coolers.i did however see a hand that wasflop4,6,7turn Qriver 3and you checked called the entire way with 5,7and yu even check called the river when the 3 hit. No flush draw.you might not remember that hand since you played like 8k hands. But when i saw you turn over 5,7 on that board and just check call check call check call, i was wondering why you even bother playing Hu?

Good game?i guess, i didnt see any coolers.i did however see a hand that wasflop4,6,7turn Qriver 3and you checked called the entire way with 5,7and yu even check called the river when the 3 hit. No flush draw.you might not remember that hand since you played like 8k hands. But when i saw you turn over 5,7 on that board and just check call check call check call, i was wondering why you even bother playing Hu?
Wow pwned
He didn't have 82K on the table, he had whatever Fluff had on the table. For all intents and purposes. This isn't a tournament, him having 82k means nothing, unless the other guy also has 82k.You do bring up a good point though... Fluffdog should post in strat!
Yes and no.... When fluff dog re buys when his opponent has 50k, and he has 2k, his goal is to try and win that 50k back.. perhaps he has some idea to quit when he wins 4 or 0 buyins back or something, but I doubt it.. I assume he's going to want to play for whole pile.. but when you're limited to 1/25th of your opponent's stack size, you're going to have to get very lucky to win all that back. if fluff enters a number of coin flips or 60-40's, he's much more likely to bust than he is to get the stack back.. even if fluff gets him into 2.5-1's and 80-20's or drawing deads, it's still very likely that his opponent will do the same to fluff before he wins the 80,000 back.I just am skeptical that fluff's edge was so great that he could make up for the huge chip stack he was against and the psychological fatigue that losing that many buyins has to cost.. anyway, man, good luck tommorrow. Maybe you can talk this guy into playing 25/50

Regardless of what you think of the situation, those of you that are rubbing it in...I hope something miserable happens to you all.

Regardless of what you think of the situation, those of you that are rubbing it in...I hope something miserable happens to you all.
3rdMerby

anyone have any thoughts to martingale as it applies here?like fluff's opponent can take the negative side of a 70/30 for stacks 5 times before fluff busts him.anywho, fluff impressed me more w/ his posts in this thread then he ever has before. if he says he was a favorite and playing well i believe and congratulate him. gj.btw, it's pretty gross that you can just wake up at 3:30am go to sleep 26 hrs. later w/ 60K less than you had when you woke.

Wow this is one of the sickest things I've ever seen, I can't believe he's still playing
That's A LOT coming from you!
2. I am not broke and I still have a good bankroll.
For what stakes?**************I wish you well. You are unique.

one thing I'll say about reading a bit of the 2+2 threadI'm always amused by how many more BAD POKER theory posts I see in 2p2 than here,Of course, they have a ton of good ones; but it polluted with horrid players whose posts get lost in the shuffle, never to be disputed.

WOWThis is one of the sickest things I've ever seen. And whoever said "variance is a *****" is waaaay off...after 10 buy ins you can stop blaming the 'ol variance ball.
QFTI don't think it's accurate to say Fluffdog wasn't on tilt. He open pushed 100BB's more than once to no raise.That said, it's still sick and I feel bad for Fluff.
WOWThis is one of the sickest things I've ever seen. And whoever said "variance is a *****" is waaaay off...after 10 buy ins you can stop blaming the 'ol variance ball.
I agree. That's why we have stop-losses. Even if you have a long term edge on this guy, there's no way you're playing your A-game after dropping 10-15 buyins, let alone 25-30...or 43. That being said, I know you're a good player, Fluff. There's no reason you should've ever lost an entire bankroll at this level, to anyone, let alone, someone you have an edge over.

Wow rough game Fluffdog, but you got your roll up that high in the first place, you'll get it back so I'm not worried for you. It does suck to lose that much though, hopefully you learned a good lesson from this game and take it all in stride. My only suggestion would be to take a couple days off, regroup, then get back on the horse and keep playing your game. Good luck man.

anyone have any thoughts to martingale as it applies here?like fluff's opponent can take the negative side of a 70/30 for stacks 5 times before fluff busts him.
Basically, Fluffdog is a huge underdog to double up that many times, but he only risks $2k on each 'run' at it.Make it easy, say villain has 63 and Fluff has 1.Fluffdog has to go through 1-2-4-8-16 and 32, then their stacks will be level. He then wins one more to take it all.If he is exactly 50/50 to double:(0.5)^6 = 1/2^6 = 1/64. One time in 64 he gets to 64 times his original stack, for a profit of 63. 63 times out of 64 he loses 1, for a loss of 63. It balances. It's neutral EV but insanely high variance.If he has an edge of say 52%, he'll hit the target 1 time in about 50. So, 49 times he will lose 1, and 1 time he will win 63 for an average profit of 14/50 = 0.28.Ok, in the real case they aren't flipping, and villain adds to his stack every time Fluffdog loses, but it serves as an illustration.
I'm not trying to rub it in at all, just trying to generate discussion about what happened. I think fluff made a tactical error by rebuying over and over and over.. perhaps i'm wrong about that, but it seems that way to me.. It should be a lession to us all about not getting burried. It's way more important to quit while you're behind at a decent amount, so you don't get murdered. I know this has happened to me. Prior to this, the sickest thing I ever saw was spirit rock's heads up match like a year ago on prima. I forget the amounts involved, but as I remember Spirit rock lost like 600k in a 200/400 NL, which seemed sick to me. Fluff's is porportionally sicker. Any way, fluff.. good luck, and i hope this experience makes you a better stronger player```````

Wow this is epic.I don't care who you are, if you lose 43 buy-ins in one session its going to sting for a long long time. Take some time off bro, even if you think you can handle it. You are a good player and will be able to get through this, just take a break.

I'm not trying to rub it in at all, just trying to generate discussion about what happened. I think fluff made a tactical error by rebuying over and over and over.. perhaps i'm wrong about that, but it seems that way to me.. It should be a lession to us all about not getting burried. It's way more important to quit while you're behind at a decent amount, so you don't get murdered. I know this has happened to me. Prior to this, the sickest thing I ever saw was spirit rock's heads up match like a year ago on prima. I forget the amounts involved, but as I remember Spirit rock lost like 600k in a 200/400 NL, which seemed sick to me. Fluff's is porportionally sicker. Any way, fluff.. good luck, and i hope this experience makes you a better stronger player```````
I know I wasn't talking about you. I was referring to the people who seemed to take joy in someone else's loss.