PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)Hero (t2355)Villain (t2020)MP (t2670)Button (t900)SB (t1055)Preflop: Hero is BB with J :D , J :club: . Villain raises to t200, MP calls t200, 2 folds, Hero ....Read on players is that the caller would be raising a premium hand, and has been playing tight.Villian has been playing pretty tightly.My image is aggressive for this table. Also, final 2 make the money so nowhere near the bubble but blinds are getting big for the stacks.My question is "Is this a shove?" Raising to 1000 makes me pot committed to call a shove from Villian. 3.1:1 pot odds. Raising to 600 gives the villain 3.6 to 1 pot odds to call, and leave me with 2 to 1 odds to call a shove. Also a Villains call leaves him with about a pot sized stack going to flop. Raising to 800 gives 2.5 to 1 pot odds to call a shove, and a big pot going to the flop with a call by the villain.So, by choosing to enter this pot, besides by calling, am I pot committed (is this a good thing) and is shoving the best option to enter the pot?

I think this is a pretty standard shove..You outlined the reasons well why another raise won't work..And playing jacks in at least a 3 way pot is going to be very difficult..

I think this is Call or Shove. Raising doesn't make much sense.Our position makes playing this post flop difficult. I'd mix it up in this situation. 80% shovel, 20% flat call.Pushing likely thins the field and we end up in either a race or we are a nice favorite. Taking the current pot is not a bad outcome either.I don't think calling is horrible, but I rather do that with position. A set of Jacks would likely get paid off pretty well as it's disguised well by you being in the BB. If the flop comes unders we can thin the field or maybe even take the pot there. The problem is when the overs hit over half the time, we have no idea where we are at.

reraise to 800...you find out where you stand, and leave yourself the room to fold if you're absolutely convinced you're against an overpair

reraise to 800...you find out where you stand, and leave yourself the room to fold if you're absolutely convinced you're against an overpair
What do you think AK does when we 3bet? Folds? No, it goes all-in. And when you add AK to his range then folding's unacceptable. This is an instashove. OP isn't deep enough to do much else.
What do you think AK does when we 3bet? Folds? No, it goes all-in. And when you add AK to his range then folding's unacceptable. This is an instashove. OP isn't deep enough to do much else.
i did say that we have to be ABSOLUTELY CONVINCED...if villain is that tight then A-K may just callthe re-raise then has just about the same effect anyways, villain knows you're going off for the rest of your stack 99.99999% of the time anyways, and you leave yourself that escape hatch

instashove...If villain min-raised with a monster, then it's a cooler. You can't reraise without committing yourself, and you definitely can't fold JJ 5-handed in this spot. Calling pf would be very weak IMO.