My Goal...an Investment In My Future Health

See you guys at McDonald's in five minutes. :club: In all seriousness, I'm unbelievably scrawny. It's not like I'm morbidly underweight or even annohrexic, just really scrawny. I've actually been quite self-conscious of this, especially in high school when I would take off my shirt in the locker room, and everyone in there would begin going off in a chorus of: "Have a cheeseburger!" or stuff like that. My ribs have always been clearly visible. Nothing's changed in 4 years.It's not like I don't eat, because I eat a ton. But I gain no weight whatsoever. No I'm not throwing it back up. Anyway, even in high school I took weightlifting courses to no avail, still looked like a stick at the end of the year.So I guess my goal, if possible, would be to bulk up a little bit, so I actually have an upper body. Suggestions?

Eat a cheesebruger I guess?? All you can do is do some weights and eat lots of red meat and eggs. Not much else I can suggest.Btw, I wish I could eat whatever I wanted and not gain weight

See you guys at McDonald's in five minutes. :club: In all seriousness, I'm unbelievably scrawny. It's not like I'm morbidly underweight or even annohrexic, just really scrawny. I've actually been quite self-conscious of this, especially in high school when I would take off my shirt in the locker room, and everyone in there would begin going off in a chorus of: "Have a cheeseburger!" or stuff like that. My ribs have always been clearly visible. Nothing's changed in 4 years.It's not like I don't eat, because I eat a ton. But I gain no weight whatsoever. No I'm not throwing it back up. Anyway, even in high school I took weightlifting courses to no avail, still looked like a stick at the end of the year.So I guess my goal, if possible, would be to bulk up a little bit, so I actually have an upper body. Suggestions?
How old are you? I was scrawny until I was about 25, then I finally got adult muscles. By 35 I was ripped. Now at 45, my center of gravity is dropping every year, and ... well, you know the story.Did I have a point? Oh, yeah, some people are just late bloomers.
im the same way...due to malabsorptionmy methods to gain wt ( im 108 and should be 125):Marie Calendars frozen pot piesCarnation instant breakfast with Lactaid milkMilitary MREs (yes really) - 2000 calories (this is KEY)Beer - lots of it (hi)Cheese - ftw

Creatine, your normal diet and then thrown in a bunch of protein as well, drinks, protein rich foods, etc. The thing about creatine is this- you gotta eat alot, and you gotta work out. I bulked up about 8 years ago using that ****. Get good stuff, if it tastes good, it's no good. It should make you want to vomit, and sometimes you will. It's disgusting but it works.

There's a diner in Texas that serves battered deep fried bacon with ranch dressing by the pound. A couple orders of that should get you well on your way. Dammit, now I'm all hungry. Ouch-8's strikes again.

you sicken me

One of my friends was actually in a similar situation to yours maybe 2 years ago. He wasn’t so much scrawny as he was just a skeleton with fat and skin around it with no shape at all. He became self conscious and finally decided he wanted to look fit. Over the months we could really tell the difference in his body, he developed shoulders, arms and chest and built up his entire muscle mass and was looking good. Then I guess his low self esteem kept taking his toll on him. His diet was cans of tuna all night long, he stopped drinking to avoid the calories, it was at a point where he would come hang out at a party with a bunch of cans of tuna then go home, he was really boring. His goals became to have a body that looks like those Mr. Muscle magazines. His arms became huge and his chest is freaking wide and I find that totally repulsive. Just recently I found out he started pumping juice. It’s such a shame. His attitude has finally changed for the better. He’s more confident and wants to get into personal training an nutrition at school, so his direction is good. He’s fun to hang out with again like back in the day. But going on roids is just stupid and dangerous, and he’s making me really nervous. He’s got the perfect character type to be a poster child for steroids in couple years. 2 years ago I would never of believed him to become this way. I encourage you get healthy and fit, but don’t take yourself too seriously and don’t use the model society paints of what looks good. Find place where you are comfortable and happy and be content. Good luck.

One of my friends was actually in a similar situation to yours maybe 2 years ago. He wasn’t so much scrawny as he was just a skeleton with fat and skin around it with no shape at all. He became self conscious and finally decided he wanted to look fit. Over the months we could really tell the difference in his body, he developed shoulders, arms and chest and built up his entire muscle mass and was looking good. Then I guess his low self esteem kept taking his toll on him. His diet was cans of tuna all night long, he stopped drinking to avoid the calories, it was at a point where he would come hang out at a party with a bunch of cans of tuna then go home, he was really boring. His goals became to have a body that looks like those Mr. Muscle magazines. His arms became huge and his chest is freaking wide and I find that totally repulsive. Just recently I found out he started pumping juice. It’s such a shame. His attitude has finally changed for the better. He’s more confident and wants to get into personal training an nutrition at school, so his direction is good. He’s fun to hang out with again like back in the day. But going on roids is just stupid and dangerous, and he’s making me really nervous. He’s got the perfect character type to be a poster child for steroids in couple years. 2 years ago I would never of believed him to become this way. I encourage you get healthy and fit, but don’t take yourself too seriously and don’t use the model society paints of what looks good. Find place where you are comfortable and happy and be content. Good luck.
thanks for the story...i hope for your friend he's off roids!!My i'm just a big guy, i have a very large muscle mass as it is...when i first went to the gym three years ago i was like 288 and their body fat measurer thing said i was only 24% body fat, which isn't that bad for someone my size...it's just a matter of getting rid of those extra layers...i have no desire to be riped, i just want to be healthy, take the extra pressure off my joints and heart before it's too late
im the same way...due to malabsorptionmy methods to gain wt ( im 108 and should be 125):Marie Calendars frozen pot piesCarnation instant breakfast with Lactaid milkMilitary MREs (yes really) - 2000 calories (this is KEY)Beer - lots of it (hi)Cheese - ftw
Also check out Boston Market frozen pot pies, if not anything they sell in the stores.

Sounds like you're an ectomorph. A good clue is if you have a short torso in relation to your height (or really long legs, if that's easier to visualize). Here's a good guide: http://www.mens-total-fitness.com/ectomorp...-mesomorph.htmlEctos should check out the advice of Frank Zane, the first true ectomorph ever to win the Mr. Olympia. Ectos can pack on muscle, but it's hard.