Ceo Poker Tournament Fee Issue

this was the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen in a tourney. Just let it be known it wasn't venetian, it was ceo poker tour that did this.I ended up getting 6th, so it wasn't as big a deal for me, but if I won it (like I should have :club: ) it would have been about 40k off of 1st place, which is insane. 1st of all, they can call me greedy or inconsiderate all they want, but if I'm playing a 2500 tourney, and I don't feel like giving 5% to charity, I shouldn't have to. I've played and will continue to play charity events...this was not one of them. If so it should be called ceo charity event. The only reason they're doing this is so they can deduce that from their profits, without really having to give any of their real profits to charity. Last I heard, they chopped it 5 ways once I busted, if any of those guys tipped, they're idiots. I wasn't going to give a dime if I won and I would have certainly made a big deal out of the charity thing. If 5% of MY prize money is forced into a charity, then I should be able to have a 5% tax deduction on that win. Other than that the structure was amazing for a 2500, but that was all venetian. Boycott ceo.

lol scamamentsSorry couldnt resist. Deffinatly a shady outfit. The Venetian should be more careful on who they do business with. There room is starting to catch on, than this bs.

1st of all, they can call me greedy or inconsiderate all they want, but if I'm playing a 2500 tourney, and I don't feel like giving 5% to charity, I shouldn't have to. I've played and will continue to play charity events...this was not one of them. If so it should be called ceo charity event. The only reason they're doing this is so they can deduce that from their profits, without really having to give any of their real profits to charity.
It has nothing to do with greed, you paid for a $2400 x entries prize pool and got $2050 x entries. You were totally in line to question the forced donation and tax benefit. The issue makes CEO Poker sounds like a shady poker room tourny where the organizer is skimming from the prize pool.I assume someone is going to complain to the Gaming Commission. Since you cashed, you may be due for some extra cash, though it might not be worth your time to pursue it.

Are you serious?Did they do this for the $550 buy-ins too??If so, I took 2nd and tipped like $300. That's effin jacked that I never saw it....I guess I better start reading the fine print?Oh well, sick children...yay. I'm all for charity, but I don't want it to be underhanded.

Are you serious?Did they do this for the $550 buy-ins too??If so, I took 2nd and tipped like $300. That's effin jacked that I never saw it....I guess I better start reading the fine print?Oh well, sick children...yay. I'm all for charity, but I don't want it to be underhanded.
Looks like this wasn't a one-time scam. Someone has posted the prize pool for 3 other events where it looks like the vig was a lot higher than reported as well.