Playing King High, Second Kicker

I have no reads on the villain, I hadn't noticed him show down a hand. My thinking here is that the only bigger King is going to be AK, and I thought AK would have reraised before the flop..Is this a standard shove? Or to loose for this big a tournament?Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $80/$1609 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $8177UTG+1: $14280Sid: $3582MP2: $4301MP3: $6695CO: $2136Button: $1980SB: $8157BB: $9149Pre-flop: (9 players) Sid is MP1 with K :D Q :club:2 folds, Sid raises to $560, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, 4 folds.Flop: 7 :D K :D 9 :) ($1360, 2 players)Sid bets $700, MP3 raises to $1400, Sid raises all-in $3022, MP3 calls.Turn: 5 :D ($7404, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $7404)River: J :) ($7404, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $7404)Results:Final pot: $7404Any thoughts would be appreciated. I think the preflop raise and cbet is standard but maybe not. Should I fold to the minraise or is a shove standard?

Raise less preflop. $400 is fine.I prefer a slightly larger bet on the flop to price out draws. About $900 would be better IMO.As played, shoving is very standard.
Yep.

i agree with raising to about $400 of instead of $560OOP on the flop i prefer to try to c/r this flop, but obv betting isn't a bad playstandard shove as played

OOP on the flop i prefer to try to c/r this flopWe have the betting lead. There is nothing to suggest villain will bet the flop for us. I would hate for him to check with a gutshot and hit.

Raise less preflop. $400 is fine.I prefer a slightly larger bet on the flop to price out draws. About $900 would be better IMO.As played, shoving is very standard.
Generally agree with this except I think the flop bet is fine; his only likely draw is a flush and you are pricing him out with your bet just fine.You can't rule out AK here; a lot of players play AK is a drawing hand in position. I do it myself sometimes. But, more often I think you will see a draw or a weaker pair or king here.
Generally agree with this except I think the flop bet is fine; his only likely draw is a flush and you are pricing him out with your bet just fine.You can't rule out AK here; a lot of players play AK is a drawing hand in position. I do it myself sometimes. But, more often I think you will see a draw or a weaker pair or king here.
J10 has a double gut shot and if hes creative, he can easily call with a hand like 8 10..Flush draw as well..We have to bet here
J10 has a double gut shot and if hes creative, he can easily call with a hand like 8 10..Flush draw as well..We have to bet here
I agree. My point is that unless he flopped a straight flush draw, the bet size from the OP is sufficient for pricing out the draws.

I bet more post-flop, the problem with that board is that you don't know which draw villain could be on. He also has position on you so I would bet around 1K on the flop. Due the multiple draws on that board, we're committed to the hand as villain could be raising with a draw as well as a better hand.

I bet more post-flop, the problem with that board is that you don't know which draw villain could be on.
Why does that matter? Unless he has a straight flush draw (only two possible combinations), giving villain 2:1 true odds and much worse reverse implied odds is more than enough to price him out.That said, if your objective is to commit yourself to the pot, then I agree you want to bet more here.
Why does that matter? Unless he has a straight flush draw (only two possible combinations), giving villain 2:1 true odds and much worse reverse implied odds is more than enough to price him out.That said, if your objective is to commit yourself to the pot, then I agree you want to bet more here.
If I'm villain and on a straight draw, I'd be more tempted to call a smallish flop bet because I have both my straight outs and I can bluff the flush card. A heavier flop bet discourages me from that action.The problem that hero has is although he is not giving villain the proper pot odds to call, villain is getting the implied odds to make the call especially with the straight draw which is more likely to get paid off. If the flop was K73 with two of a suit, then I'd agree with the smaller flop bet as there are no straight draws on that board.

My standard bets are 3 1/2x the big blind or pot bet before the flop, and about 55-60% of the pot on subsequent streets. I really haven't got into betting more/less depending on situations yet. This has been an interesting discussion.