Event #55 World Championship No-limit Texas Hold'em $10,000

It was a decent round. I'm up to $200,000 now and playing really really good.I had this player reraised me at one point. I called because it was a small raise. The flop was Q 5 4 and I had Q 10. I looked at him and told him - " DO you know that I know you have aces? " I called hoping to catch a queen or a ten to win a big pot. The turn was a deuce and we both checked. The river was a five and he was thinking about value betting. Which I don't want him to do in case I decide to donk off and call. I look at him and said - "Dude, you checked the turn with aces? That's kind of strange." He got so confused that I called out his cards that he checked and I checked. He turned over aces, which was not surprising.Then the hand before the break I won a big pot. The flop came 5 5 5. I bet it and a player raised me. I then reraised them. the turn was an eight and I moved him all in. He had a pair I am sure. He folded. I'm not telling you what I had though.- Daniel

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris Moneymaker EliminatedChris Moneymaker, the 2003 World Series of Poker Main Event Champion whose Cinderella-like victory is often cited as one of the sparks of the modern poker boom, has been eliminated.And no secret writting!:club:
Ouch at the smiley.

6:23 PM - Brian "Down to about a 100... Lost some really tough pots... AK v QJ all in pre flop for 25k guy hits a J. Aces cracked by K9h flush on the river."

Prahlad Friedman Has Been Eliminated.Friedman raised to 5,000 and after a middle-position player called Stuart Fox re-raised to 30K. Friedman moved in for his last 39,000 and Fox called, turning over pocket Tens that dominated Prahlad's pocket Eights. A Ten on the flop put an end to the drama and Friedman was eliminated.Poker is funfor ev-ry oneexcept my opponentsthey shoulda practiced avoidance

Not a relative... would like one day to be considered a friend. We have chatted a few times over the years, but until I played on his right for nearly 4 hours a week ago Sunday (Event #51 S.H.O.E.), he would not have been able to pick me out of a lineup... at least now he'll remember me next time we meet... (maybe..) It was great getting the chance to chat wiith him for 2 levels.I outlasted him in Event #51! He has outlasted me in #55! Hope he gets going again, needs a double up.

"I know GR well - do u live downtownish?"I live in Belmont, near the West Michigan Whitecaps stadium.
gotcha near the ski hill / old garbage dump - lol...i'm from Grand Haven area and my best friend lives off Leonard. I haven't lived in Michigan in a while, but when i go back; nothing really changes.

Kyle Morris Doubles Through Daniel NegreanuJust before the break on the feature table, Kyle had {K-Hearts}{9-Hearts} on the button and raises. Daniel re-raised from the small blind with {A-Spades}{A-Clubs} and Kyle calls to see a flop. The flop brings a King and two hearts. All the chips go in and the {8-Hearts} spikes the turn to give Kyle the flush and a 90k pot.

Everything is under control people. I got this covered. I AM Rocky Balboa and I can take bigger hits than that. They'll have to shoot me to get me out of this thing, I can read everyone at my table like their cards are face up. Seriously, I'm as confident as you can be about my play on this table and I'm pwning them despite the bad luck that had me go from 220 to 80, and now back to 130.

"I know GR well - do u live downtownish?"I live in Belmont, near the West Michigan Whitecaps stadium.
I live about a mile away from the Whitecaps stadium.....
Everything is under control people. I got this covered. I AM Rocky Balboa and I can take bigger hits than that. They'll have to shoot me to get me out of this thing, I can read everyone at my table like their cards are face up. Seriously, I'm as confident as you can be about my play on this table and I'm pwning them despite the bad luck that had me go from 220 to 80, and now back to 130.
Booyaah!
gl man