Event #55 World Championship No-limit Texas Hold'em $10,000

I know this probably a weird coincidence, but it seems like he has busted a lot and/or gotten very unlucky when at an ESPN table.2005 ME: Brutal run ends on Day 1.2006 TOC: Heads-up against Mike Sexton, gets no action with AA four times, then loses to them in the end.2007 Stud: ESPN changes to broadcast final table with Lisandro and Frangos, three hands and out (albeit limits were high).2007 HORSE: Does well then loses it all (IIRC) at the feature table.2007 ME: Roller coaster towards elimination.He did do well in Tunica at a Circuit, and last year in the ME while he was at the featured table, but I don't know if trying to be Rocky this year and fighting all the way to the end caused him to lose more chips than he needed to. You're still my favorite DN. You'll turn it around.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So does this mean Daniel will be playing in the Bella Gio Cup?
i thought the WSOP had some 1k bracelet events still to go. last year JC final tabled one i think. if they are having those DN probably needs to play them to try to win his bracelet bet.
i thought the WSOP had some 1k bracelet events still to go. last year JC final tabled one i think. if they are having those DN probably needs to play them to try to win his bracelet bet.
i think there are some 2nd chance tournaments...but they're not for bracelets (i think they might have been last year)
i think there are some 2nd chance tournaments...but they're not for bracelets (i think they might have been last year)
He did, and I am pretty sure they were for bracelets last year. But I think a lot of people didn't like that, because they all had like 400 players in them.Mark
IIRC, he's out.
He busted pretty quick on day 2. 2 big hands:CO raised, Jeet 3bet on button with AQ, CO shoves, Jeet is priced in, KK holds.Then he limps A5 on button I think, bb raises, Jeet calls, flop A high, bb had A9o.Mark

like this is a supposed to be a random draw? guess it doesn't matter.>The ESPN Feature TableSeat 1: Andrew Grimason (Ireland) - 40,500Seat 2: Ronald Kluber (Seoul, South Korea) - 194,600Seat 3: Greg Treger (Falls Church, VA) - 63,500Seat 4: Terry Jacobs (Hindman, KY) - 38,100Seat 5: Gus Hansen (Monaco) - 622,300Seat 6: Lee Biddulph (UK) - 112,500Seat 7: Gavin Smith (Las Vegas, NV) - 87,700Seat 8: Shannon Hudson (Glenwood Springs, CO) - 26,100Seat 9: Carlos Mortensen (Las Vegas, NV) - 254,700

Mortenson just busted Shannon, but what a table this will be to watch in October!!!GL FCP-ers TID!!! :club:

Robert Damiano Doubles Up Into Too Many ChipsWith the final board showing {9-Diamonds}{9-Hearts}{4-Hearts}{Q-Clubs}{J-Spades} and about 150,000 already in the pot, Robert Damiano is all in for 173,900. He has a high number of small-denomination chips, and it's taking the dealer a while to call out the size of the bet. His opponent cuts him short and says, "It doesn't matter. I call." He shows {K-Clubs}{K-Hearts} for an overpair. Damiano shows {9-Spades}{8-Clubs} for trip nines to win the pot.It now takes another 3-4 minutes to count down Damiano's stack, and when it's complete, they arrive at the total of 173,900. When his opponent's chips are added to the pile, it dominates Damiano's side of the table. The dealer is left wondering what to do, as it's nearly impossible to deal to players on that side. The tournament staff steps in and starts coloring up Damiano's chips into a manageable stack.When it's all said and done, Damiano's poor opponent is left with just 3,000 in chips. He was eliminated about ten minutes later.Is there a picture of this anywhere?

Good game Daniel, I was starting to think you may make a real run. There is always next year. It's not like your a hockey player with a 15 year shelf life-- you can do this till you kick it at the table. There will be a Main event win someday. Meanwhile, relax a few days, have a veggie platter or 2 at various restaurants, golf and reflect on how truly blessed you are. You deserve it.

Doctor Nutz says take 36 holes and din din at Nobu to kill some of the pain.Then, a week long trip away from EVERYTHING poker, an anniversary trip back to Hawaii perhaps?You'll be good to go then and ready for the rest of the year. And we'll all be here like folks with no lives, waiting to cheer you on...lol.Get some rest D. See ya soon. :club:

What about WSOP Europe?If DN were to win a bracelet there would he win his bracelet bet?OK, probably not, bit of a welcher move I suppose.Speaking of which, anyone know anything about the WSOP Europe, any big pros going to be entering it? Any Europeans (or even Americans/Canadians) from here going to be entering/trying to qualify? I'm thinking of having a run at the old satellites.I should probably have a search for other threads on the subject. I'll get on that right now.

Everything is under control people. I got this covered. I AM Rocky Balboa and I can take bigger hits than that. They'll have to shoot me to get me out of this thing, I can read everyone at my table like their cards are face up. Seriously, I'm as confident as you can be about my play on this table and I'm pwning them despite the bad luck that had me go from 220 to 80, and now back to 130.
gl dan