Event #55 World Championship No-limit Texas Hold'em $10,000

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Poker News:Gus Hansen: Chip Leader AgainBoard: {9-Clubs}{10-Diamonds}{3-Clubs}{K-Clubs}Preflop, a player in early position raises to 7,500 and Gus Hansen calls. On the flop, the EP checks and Hansen bets 9,100. EP raises an additional 35,900 and Hansen calls. On the turn, EP bets 44,500 and Hansen is all in. EP folds, throwing his cards on the table face-up: {10-Hearts}{9-Hearts}. Hansen is up to 558,000.At least my #2 Favorite Pro is doing well...I miss you already DN!!!

I'm wondering if the QT hand in the FT of the shootout had an affect in DN making this call. Seems strange he would call off all his money with a pair and gutterball. Only beat a draw. Anyone know how much DN had left in his stack? Was he pot stuck?
i highly doubt it, pros don't think about things like that when they're making such a huge decisioni think he probably felt pot-committed and forced to gamble, but what i'm surprised at is how he seemed to play more hands when he got shorter on chips...that seemed a tad strange
I like your thinking. I now fold aces preflop too!
I'm sure he had AA every other hand dingbat.You can't play that many hands(well over 50%) against opponents that really are gunning for you because they want to take out a name pro. You'll have to risk too many chips too often & you're bound to be wrong once in a while.

From 220,000 to busted. Very very very dissapointing. I thought this was the year DN would atleast make the final table. I think Daniel needs to fix up the way he plays when he gets a big stack. The story of this WSOP seemed to be that Negreanu would get a pretty damn big stack and eventually he would slowly lose it all. I mean there is nothing he could do about the A-A hands, but I'm sure he could of avoided playing some other hands.

i see why some of you guys would say he played too many hands, and i see the concept, but i don't think any of us can truly understand how much confidence daniel has to have in his post-flop play...he feels like he plays so much better than his opponents after the flop that he can play most any hand and still turn a profit by outplaying his table and winning chips he's not supposed to, or losing fewer chips than he's supposed toagain, the thing i saw was that he didn't switch gears when he got low on chips, so was he playing too many hands then, probably so

i see why some of you guys would say he played too many hands, and i see the concept, but i don't think any of us can truly understand how much confidence daniel has to have in his post-flop play...he feels like he plays so much better than his opponents after the flop that he can play most any hand and still turn a profit by outplaying his table and winning chips he's not supposed to, or losing fewer chips than he's supposed toagain, the thing i saw was that he didn't switch gears when he got low on chips, so was he playing too many hands then, probably so
it sounds like he refused to change gears at all, you can't just keep playing every hand it's too risky because you will be wrong eventually risking large portions of your stack against opponents who would really like to bust you. You think playing every hand is why ESPN wanted to keep him at the feature table? My guess would be YES.

[heres a quote from david grey" a couple of the mental traps that sometimes snag advanced players. As players improve, they inevitably see more opportunities for profit, and thus, see potential in a greater number of hands. But it's a slippery slope, and a player can easily lose the long view and convince himself that he can make any starting hand work out. thought it kinda fitted lol

it sounds like he refused to change gears at all, you can't just keep playing every hand it's too risky because you will be wrong eventually risking large portions of your stack against opponents who would really like to bust you. You think playing every hand is why ESPN wanted to keep him at the feature table? My guess would be YES.
also this is officialy espn fault u bastrds !! he was comfortable with his other table ..

Ok DN, can you coach me now? I think waco kidd is good enough on his own, so I need your protege tutelege. If you can find a fat-suit and some fake facial hair, you can take my spot.

Must have been Chad Brown and Kristy GazesUnusual SituationBoard: {A-Spades}{10-Diamonds}{10-Clubs}{10-Hearts}{10-Spades}On the river, in middle position, a player checks and the button bets 80,000. The MP player calls all in and turns over one ace -- mucking the other card! His opponent demands that his hand be ruled dead since he mucked one of the cards. The mucker quickly retrieves his card, but there's a big argument and the floor is called.The ruling is that, since the player is all in, he is not allowed to muck his cards. Both hands are turned over, the {A-Hearts}{6-Hearts}, and he splits the pot with the other guy, who has {A-Clubs}{K-Hearts}. (The board plays in this case -- which makes the reveal of a single ace even stranger.)

You can play a lot of pots if you have a lot of chips.. unfortunately he didn't have a lot of chips and was still playing every other hand. That just doesn't work he thinks his **** doesn't stink and he can outplay everyone regardless of the cards. I hate to tell you but it just doesn't work very well.

I am dealing with some serious insomnia and thought I'd take a quick look see here. UHG!Sorry Daniel. You fought like a champ for sure. Overall not a horrible WSOP, but there sure was some serious heartache along the way. GG man. At least the 45 days of madness has finally ended. Time for some golf and R&R! :club:

Hey, good job Daniel!Why is everyone claiming he had a bad WSOP? Daniel made two final tables, and cashed high in both of them. He had two legitimate shots at bracelets, and went waaay deep in the 50k HORSE event. My hats off to you Daniel, great job at the WSOP :club: I'm sure he'll be at peace with all that transpired in the last month and a half when he's on the golf course tomorrow :D

Hey, good job Daniel!Why is everyone claiming he had a bad WSOP? Daniel made two final tables, and cashed high in both of them. He had two legitimate shots at bracelets, and went waaay deep in the 50k HORSE event. My hats off to you Daniel, great job at the WSOP :club: I'm sure he'll be at peace with all that transpired in the last month and a half when he's on the golf course tomorrow :D
Because I'm pretty sure he lost money overall for the WSOP. Losing $$$ = having a bad series.That also means that about 90% of players have a bad series.