Event #55 World Championship No-limit Texas Hold'em $10,000

Negreanu Eliminates Opponent at Feature TableNegreanu made it 5,000 to go from middle position and the lone call came from Samir Shakhloor in the big blind.The flop came {Q-Diamonds}{10-Diamonds}{5-Spades} and Samir checked to Negreanu who led out with a 6,000 bet. Samir then check-raised all-in for a total of 21,100. "Kid Poker" made the call and Samir turned over the {K-Hearts}{Q-Hearts}, for top pair with a King kicker. Daniel then revealed {A-Spades}{Q-Spades} to the sound of cheer and applause from the gallery.The turn and river blanked out and Samir said his goodbyes, as Negreanu raked in the pot, increasing his chip stack to 130,000 in chips.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10:05 PM - Brian "One funny thing.... DN at ESPN table, Harrahs drew it to break... ESPN wanted DN to stay, so they had him stay put and switched out the other 8 guys."
I've never played in a large tourny, but isn't there something wrong with this? Shouldn't he have to redraw to another table like everyone else? It's not necessarily an unfair advantage, I just think it doesn't sound right.
If my math is correct...he should have around 103k right now something around there 130+15-20-18-16+12
Not as bad as I thought. It might pay off, because he has a great image at the table right now. He looks like a sicko, and will get paid off big time if he hits something good.
I've never played in a large tourny, but isn't there something wrong with this? Shouldn't he have to redraw to another table like everyone else? It's not necessarily an unfair advantage, I just think it doesn't sound right.
No, his table broke like normal, but ESPN didn't want to move the cameras so they moved the other people he would have joined to the feature table.
this happens a lot...espn tries to focus the episodes around one player's table, and if they have to break it oftentimes they will switch out the other players and keep the one player they want at the feature table, so they don't have to pick a new one and bring an entirely different group in
Not as bad as I thought. It might pay off, because he has a great image at the table right now. He looks like a sicko, and will get paid off big time if he hits something good.
So much for table image... :club:
this happens a lot...espn tries to focus the episodes around one player's table, and if they have to break it oftentimes they will switch out the other players and keep the one player they want at the feature table, so they don't have to pick a new one and bring an entirely different group in
I got ya, but if I were the producer, I would bring in the Gigabet, Kahn, Mizzi table for lot of chips (plus one pretty well-known player) like they did with Dmitri Nobles from last year. Love DN, but still...

558 Players RemainingThere are currently 558 players remaining on 62 tables. The average chip stack is $127,204.Looks like he's got around an average stack so that's not bad. Although the blinds look to be catching up with the stacks at 1k/2k.

I think they did...and whatever table he drew moved to the ESPN area. That is how DN explained it in his Pokernews interview.

Jonathan Depa, my fellow Indiana University business school alumnus, moved all-in for 13.5K. "This is it, Michael!" he exclaimed. One gambler called him and turned over J 9. Depa showed A K and by the look on his face, I'd say that he would have been fine just taking it down there. But the board dropped A 7 7 6 6 and Depa doubled up to fight again.Nice Double up for HoosierAlum!

10:09 PM - Brian "Just won a little one."10:11 PM - Brian "2 hours left... Done at 12:17 PST 2nite to keep it fair with 2A"10:13 PM - Brian "Won a real little guy... 6k."10:17 PM - Brian "Real unofficial estimate is 85k."10:19 PM - Brian "Fold pre flop 3 times in a row!!!!!!!"10:23 PM - Brian "Just lost 14k.... Leg is shaking like crazy."
HUGE props to Brian for the speedy updates!Heck, they should make make him Daniels agent!!! :club:
Jonathan Depa, my fellow Indiana University business school alumnus, moved all-in for 13.5K. "This is it, Michael!" he exclaimed. One gambler called him and turned over J 9. Depa showed A K and by the look on his face, I'd say that he would have been fine just taking it down there. But the board dropped A 7 7 6 6 and Depa doubled up to fight again.Nice Double up for HoosierAlum!
Go Hoos!