Income Tax For Online Cashout

I actually do tax returns for several part time pros. If your projected winnings from poker is under $ 10,000 for the year and you have no other significant income ( I am assuming this is the case because you are a student ) then I would not pay any estimated taxes. If your poker winnings is between $ 10,000 and $ 25,000 , I would make an estimated tax payment of 20% now if you don't like the liability hanging over your head. But you can also pay it next April 15th without penalty because you probably had little or no income tax the prior year ( another student assumption). If the # is over $ 25,000, get yourself an accountant. The rules are also quite different if you are a professional gambler. If you are an amatuer, you can not deduct losses directly from your winnings.

I actually do tax returns for several part time pros. If your projected winnings from poker is under $ 10,000 for the year and you have no other significant income ( I am assuming this is the case because you are a student ) then I would not pay any estimated taxes. If your poker winnings is between $ 10,000 and $ 25,000 , I would make an estimated tax payment of 20% now if you don't like the liability hanging over your head. But you can also pay it next April 15th without penalty because you probably had little or no income tax the prior year ( another student assumption). If the # is over $ 25,000, get yourself an accountant. The rules are also quite different if you are a professional gambler. If you are an amatuer, you can not deduct losses directly from your winnings.
Confirmation I was looking for. thanks man