Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is greater than > *

I was really hoping he'd go back to back and prove he's not a fluke oh well
You see, I don't get why everyone says that. "I hope he gets deep in this years ME to prove hes not a fluke".LOL, its a ****ing joke when people say that. Gold has played in a ton of other WSOP, WPT, and cash game events. If he was ever gonna prove that he wasn't a fluke, it would have already happened.
oh hai
HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoHi

I think he's a huge donk just as much as the next guy, but with the style he plays I think that if he keeps playing regularly, he WILL go deep again with a big stack like he did in last year's ME. That style, IMO, = out early or a big stack early. Very doubtful you'll ever see him slowly chipping up, staying right around the average for most of the tourney and go deep. Just my 2 pennies...

Jamie Gold is still better than 99.98% of the players on this forum, so I guess it's ok for people to be jealous of him.

Jamie Gold is still better than 99.98% of the players on this forum, so I guess it's ok for people to be jealous of him.
youve never been more wrong
Thank god i'm in the 00.02 then.
You know I want to have your E-babies but you are deffff wrong.
How so? Have you played with him? Or do you only judge by TV shows?Jamie didn't play 80-90% of the events so I dont see why people were expecting him to win another bracelet. Sure, he got outplayed by the pros on HSP and PAD #1 (He played well in his 2nd appearance minus one mistake), but all of us would. Just because he doesnt win a bracelet, or doesn't go deep doesn't make him a fluke. He's coached by Johnny Chan, so again that probably makes him better than all of us. Hey guess what, Chris Moneymaker FTed a WPT right after, does that mean he's not a fluke? People seem to be jealous because he caught the sickest run of cards in the ME and won 12 mill. I guess it's only natural. Sure, most of us would be able to win with the rush he got, but that doesn't make him a terrible player. He's not as good as most pros, but he's a hell of a lot better than us amateurs.
How so? Have you played with him? Or do you only judge by TV shows?Jamie didn't play 80-90% of the events so I dont see why people were expecting him to win another bracelet. Sure, he got outplayed by the pros on HSP and PAD #1 (He played well in his 2nd appearance minus one mistake), but all of us would. Just because he doesnt win a bracelet, or doesn't go deep doesn't make him a fluke. He's coached by Johnny Chan, so again that probably makes him better than all of us. Hey guess what, Chris Moneymaker FTed a WPT right after, does that mean he's not a fluke? People seem to be jealous because he caught the sickest run of cards in the ME and won 12 mill. I guess it's only natural. Sure, most of us would be able to win with the rush he got, but that doesn't make him a terrible player. He's not as good as most pros, but he's a hell of a lot better than us amateurs.
I gotta side w/ Teddy here. Is Jamie better than most high level pro's...prolly not. Is he better than MOST of this Forum...OF COURSE! Yes he went on a sick run last year but there was a DEFINATE method to his madness. It's very easy to look like a genius (or in his case a donk) when u make a ton of hands. However, he DEFINATELY OUTPLAYED his opponents on SEVERAL occasions. A few that come to mind immediately were...A. Bluffing Prahlad off his hand w/ King high. Prahlad is WIDELY regarded as one of the sikest NL players around. Prahlad got OUTPLAYED that hand and NEVER RECOVERED. I think Prahlad played well after that, but it was obvious that bluff had a huge impact on him the rest of the way.B. Getting Wasica to call his all-in HU. Again...are his antics annoying....YES!!! Did they get a call from Wasica FOR ALL THE MARBLES.....YES!!!!There were a handful of other plays for sure that he made along the way but those two stuck out. I think if his name was "Chris Ferguson, DN, Phil Ivey, PA, etc..." then EVERYONE would call his big stack play the BEST THEY EVER SAW AT THE WSOP. He CLEARLY knew how to play a big stack and PUMMELED the field for the last 3-4 days.He ISN'T the greatest player ever...he is better than 99% of FCP land...and I would include myself in the 99% he is better than....
I gotta side w/ Teddy here. Is Jamie better than most high level pro's...prolly not. Is he better than MOST of this Forum...OF COURSE! Yes he went on a sick run last year but there was a DEFINATE method to his madness. It's very easy to look like a genius (or in his case a donk) when u make a ton of hands. However, he DEFINATELY OUTPLAYED his opponents on SEVERAL occasions. A few that come to mind immediately were...A. Bluffing Prahlad off his hand w/ King high. Prahlad is WIDELY regarded as one of the sikest NL players around. Prahlad got OUTPLAYED that hand and NEVER RECOVERED. I think Prahlad played well after that, but it was obvious that bluff had a huge impact on him the rest of the way.B. Getting Wasica to call his all-in HU. Again...are his antics annoying....YES!!! Did they get a call from Wasica FOR ALL THE MARBLES.....YES!!!!There were a handful of other plays for sure that he made along the way but those two stuck out. I think if his name was "Chris Ferguson, DN, Phil Ivey, PA, etc..." then EVERYONE would call his big stack play the BEST THEY EVER SAW AT THE WSOP. He CLEARLY knew how to play a big stack and PUMMELED the field for the last 3-4 days.He ISN'T the greatest player ever...he is better than 99% of FCP land...and I would include myself in the 99% he is better than....
God, I love it when when you post (only because I love to see Jessica Alba). Ummmm, is there a possibility you can get one of her from Into the Blue. one of the underwater scenes?
B. Getting Wasica to call his all-in HU. Again...are his antics annoying....YES!!! Did they get a call from Wasica FOR ALL THE MARBLES.....YES!!!!
Watch the vid again. He stood up. Didn't call. Jamie is a nutso crazy person who freaked out and Wasicka didn't fight it, for reasons he set out in a bluff mag article. But that's neither here nor there.Yeah, Gold outplayed so many people. But JESUS. HOW MANY PEOPLE DID HE COOLER? That is not skill my friends, that is luck. Pure. And. Simple. I can't imagine the hands they didn't show where he outplayed people, but cmon, isn't the main event infamous for horrible players? Jamie's better than your average ME player obviously.... blah I'm done venting my frustration w/ Gold.btw, I was just watching his reaction when Wasicka hit a 10 against Jamie's AK and it was comical. I half expected him to say "wow I run bad" or something to that affect. BTW I am jealous but i'm just adding to the debate. Jamie-luckbox. Half the people on this forum - probably better but won't make it due to the variance of mtt's and the sheer numbers of players playing.
btw, I was just watching his reaction when Wasicka hit a 10 against Jamie's AK and it was comical. I half expected him to say "wow I run bad" or something to that affect.
His mom's reaction was more comical. It was like "How could my boy Jamie lose a hand?"What happened to the money he was supposed to donate to ALS?

atleast he is not as bad as that guy who checked a straight flush on the river very late in the Main Event and follow it up by saying "oh i was hoping you would bet".....