Event #55 World Championship No-limit Texas Hold'em $10,000

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

is negreanu's overall wsop performance a cause of concern for a pro like him? i understand it's just a few events and luck is a significant factor, but it seems like some pros (freddy deeb!) are consistently rising to the top. is this a sign, at the most meaningful cluster of events of the year and with the donk factor of past years reduced, that his approach/skills are not top-notch?
NO.
If making 2 final tables is bad (would of done better if not for some bad beats) then pros such as Doyle Brunson, Johnny Chan, Phil Laak, and ect are horrible.Greg Raymer, on the other hand, is a freakin' all star because he did make 2 FT's in Stud at the WSOP this world series.
FYP.

DN to recover to 34,000 in the next 2 hours then bust 30 mins from the end of the days play - this series I just seem to have heard him say "Idiot made a stupid play down to XXXXXX" quite frequently. Maybe he should adjust to these people better - IMO he doesn't seem to play more amateur players as well as a Raymer, Harrington or even Black. Maybe Ivey is a similar case although he did have a run 2 yrs ago in the ME??

Are you insane? DN went deep into last years event, has 2 final tables this year and just got off a great WPT showing in January! Poker is a SKILL game, but there is a sincere element of Luck involved! DN is a Great player, and I still think he can come back with just a chip and a chair!!! Eat 'em alive DN!!!! :club:

FROM POKERNEWS:Daniel Negreanu Cracks AcesOne player raised preflop and Daniel Negreanu called. The flop was {J-Spades}{8-Diamonds}{2-Spades}. He moved all in on the flop and Negreanu quickly called.Opponent: {A-Spades}{A-Hearts}Negreanu: {8-Spades}{8-Hearts}Negreanu was a head with a set. The turn was the {9-Hearts} and the river was the {7-Hearts}. Negrenau's hand held up as he doubled up to 29,800.

GO GO GO - WOOOOOOOOOOOODaniel Negreanu Cracks AcesOne player raised preflop and Daniel Negreanu called. The flop was J 8 2 . DN - 88Opponent AA Now up to 29,800

<h3 id="no26429">Daniel Negreanu Cracks Aces</h3> One player raised preflop and Daniel Negreanu called. The flop was js.gif8d.gif2s.gif. He moved all in on the flop and Negreanu quickly called. Opponent: as.gifah.gif Negreanu: 8s.gif8h.gif Negreanu was a head with a set. The turn was the 9h.gif and the river was the 7h.gif. Negrenau's hand held up as he doubled up to 29,800.

Interesting...6:29 PM - "Won another pot from Phan... Called preflop raise with Ad9d... A on flop. I check raise. He re-raises.. I call. A on turn (I checked dark).. He checks. Check-check on river.. Up to 40k now"# 23 minutes ago | Posted by MeanGeneSometimes You Need The CardsJohn Phan has been playing a lot of hands and on this particular one he raised to 1,100 from middle position and both the blinds called. The flop came {6-Spades}{A-Hearts}{3-Clubs} and when Phan led out for 1,000 the small blind raised to 2,600. Phan re-popped it to 5K and the other player called. "You got me, kid," Phan said and checked in the dark. The other player also chose to check the {A-Spades} on the turn and they also checked the {5-Diamonds} on the river. "You either have A-9 or A-J," Phan predicted...and his opponent turned over A-9. Phan mucked and he currently sits with 35,500.

Interesting...6:29 PM - "Won another pot from Phan... Called preflop raise with Ad9d... A on flop. I check raise. He re-raises.. I call. A on turn (I checked dark).. He checks. Check-check on river.. Up to 40k now"# 23 minutes ago | Posted by MeanGeneSometimes You Need The CardsJohn Phan has been playing a lot of hands and on this particular one he raised to 1,100 from middle position and both the blinds called. The flop came {6-Spades}{A-Hearts}{3-Clubs} and when Phan led out for 1,000 the small blind raised to 2,600. Phan re-popped it to 5K and the other player called. "You got me, kid," Phan said and checked in the dark. The other player also chose to check the {A-Spades} on the turn and they also checked the {5-Diamonds} on the river. "You either have A-9 or A-J," Phan predicted...and his opponent turned over A-9. Phan mucked and he currently sits with 35,500.
I guess Pokernews doesn't know who the Fid is.

Only 5 Millionaires for this year's Main Event.1 $ 8,250,000 2 $ 4,840,981 3 $ 3,048,025 4 $ 1,852,721 5 $ 1,255,069 6 $ 956,243 7 $ 705,229 8 $ 585,699 9 $ 525,934

Phil Hellmuth EliminatedPhil Hellmuth was all in for 400 in the big blind. He woke up to A-Q and was in a race situation with an opponent who held {10-Clubs}{10-Diamonds}. The flop was {J-Clubs}{J-Spades}{9-Clubs}. The {Q-Clubs} on the turn paired Hellmuth up, but his opponent now had a club flush draw with the {10-Clubs} in his hand. The river was the {6-Clubs}, making his opponent's flush and eliminating Hellmuth from the Main Event.We're sure to be hearing about that runner-runner flush for years to come on ESPN's broadcasts.After his elimination, a barrage of cameras followed the Poker Brat out of the Amazon Room and into the hallway. As Nolan Dalla announced to the room that Hellmuth had been eliminated the entire room clapped and cheered... that he was gone.LMAO