This show is absolutely hilarious. Even better while medically marijaunated.What do you think?

This show is absolutely hilarious. Even better while medically marijaunated.What do you think?
I hate envy you.I found that the more I watched them the more I liked. I think I prefer their standup, but I do admit that their show does put all the bits together quite well.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Is this the only thread for this wonderful show?I searched and this was the only one I could find.Anyways, I am six episodes in and loving every minute of it. The best song so far, in my humble opinion was the "If you're into it" song they did for Koko. Hilarious.I also liked 'cold hearted bitch, digging a ditch.'David Bowie was funny. Murray cracks my shit up too.

Top drawer bump.This show is beyond hilarious. I love when they have to get a new photo in Bowie because the 2 Murray has are crap. The photoshop of Bret onto Jemaine's ex-girlfriend is quality. And Jemaine boosting Bret's confidence through song:"Hey Bret don't want to see looking down/Don't want to see my little buddy there with a frownJust because I get more women than you/It's only because they don't know you like I doSure you're weedy and kinda shy/But there must be a girlie out there needy for a weedy shy guy"

Top drawer bump.This show is beyond hilarious. I love when they have to get a new photo in Bowie because the 2 Murray has are crap. The photoshop of Bret onto Jemaine's ex-girlfriend is quality. And Jemaine boosting Bret's confidence through song:"Hey Bret don't want to see looking down/Don't want to see my little buddy there with a frownJust because I get more women than you/It's only because they don't know you like I doSure you're weedy and kinda shy/But there must be a girlie out there needy for a weedy shy guy"
That song is awesome. The part about putting a wig on Bret and spooning him had me rolling.

"David Bowie, is it gay if a man puts a wig on another man and pretends he's a woman?"'He's pretending he's a woman? No. That's not gay'And more 'David Bowie' genius:"So you showed your penis to the man from the greeting card company"'You told me to do something outrageous'"I meant wear makeup or something"'I was wearing makeup. I had lightning bolts on my wanger'"On your face Bret. On your face"I just watched Bowie earlier today - can you tell?

Good bump. It's an absolutely incredibly show and I can't wait for the 2nd season to start. I'm so jealous that you're only on episode 6..."The Actor" is coming up (I think), and it's one of my favorite episodes of any show ever. If you haven't done so already, check out their videos of live performances (particularly the HBO special) on youtube. I actually like those even better than the show.I just hope that they can come up with some good new tunes. I think that their best episodes revolved around finding a way to fit in the songs, as opposed to writing songs as filler for episodes (if that makes any sense).

I just hope that they can come up with some good new tunes. I think that their best episodes revolved around finding a way to fit in the songs, as opposed to writing songs as filler for episodes (if that makes any sense).
well are they writing new stuff for standup use or are they writing new stuff to produce another season? obviously it'd be some combination because they'd know that they'd need/want both options open to them. I think the experience of writing for the first season would help them write better stuff for this season. I prefer their standup to the show but I'd think/hope they're better at this now. basically it's a total unknown.
Nice. Chicks dig that sensitive nautical shit. It's like that movie, Watership Down...women love that film.
That's super sensitive. That reminds me of the time I saw a puppy being born, just seeing that tiny head coming out of that dog's pussy...
Yeah...maybe even a part-time model.
But you'll probably have to keep your normal job
Yeah...maybe even a part-time model.
this isn't related the FOTC, but a friend of mine recently tried to pick up a girl (who happened to be singing at the time) with the following conversation. this all just flowed naturally from him, in a stream of consciousness kinda thing, and wasn't some planned out thing to mess with her head:"Wow, you have a really nice voice, have you ever considered a career as a singer? I mean, uhhh, I don't think you could be a, umm, rock star or anything. Maybe, like, as in commercials?"I've never seen anyone come so close - her eyes were wide, she was smiling - then, wings melting like Icarus, come crashing to earth - lips slowly pursing, confused eyebrow furrowing - all based on a career recommendation in advert-jingle singing.