Villain (BB) is aggressive preflop but hasn't shown down much and no howlers. No other read. PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)saw flop|saw showdownMP2 ($212.45)DonkSlayer ($87.15)Button ($51.20)SB ($123.60)BB ($169.75)UTG ($36.70)MP1 ($148.05)Preflop: DonkSlayer is CO with Qheart.gif, Qdiamond.gif. 3 folds, DonkSlayer raises to $4, 2 folds, BB raises to $12, DonkSlayer calls $8.Flop: ($24.50) 3heart.gif, Kheart.gif, 2club.gif(2 players)BB checks, DonkSlayer checks.Turn: ($24.50) 3spade.gif(2 players)BB checks, DonkSlayer bets $10....Do we ever bet this flop when the preflop reraiser, who plays aggressively anyway, decides to check the K-high board? Do we risk checking behind on the turn and letting an A hit the river? How much do we bet if we decide to?

Re-reraise pre?
I strongly considered the reraise, but with his stack, I really didn't want a flat-call. And, I thought it a certainty that he would lead the flop, so I thought there was more value there if the flop came out acceptably good for my holdings.

I think you need to bet 13-15 on the turn. The villain's flop check could easily be a trap, but I don't know what he checks the turn with other than KK. If he reraises, it's an easy fold.

If we're the villain with say A :club: J :D , shouldn't we check-raise the turn with air occasionally?

i probably put in another raise pf with this hand if he plays aggressively, we're going to have the best hand a lot and maybe we get action from J-J herei think i bet the flop, it should tell me where i stand...for villain to check-raise with air, on the flop anyways, would be a pretty tough play because he can't know that we don't have A-K or something like that...so i bet $12 or so and release if i get raisedas played, i think the turn bet is fine...and as for being the villain with A-J and c/r with squadoosh sometimes on this turn, that would be a really good option here simply because the turn bet looks so much like a probing bet(which it is), and especially so since the flop check by hero is weak

I'd bet like $12 on the flop and fold to a C/R, or check the flop AND turn against this type of opponent. If an ace rivers with the 2nd line and he bets, you fold. Otherwise you call any reasonably sized bet.

Contrary to most replies, I like calling his reraise preflop as opposed to sticking in another raise. You have position on him with QQ and the pot is heads up, that is about as ideal a situation as you'd like.

^ I don't mind the flat call of the re-raise in position either.

Contrary to most replies, I like calling his reraise preflop as opposed to sticking in another raise. You have position on him with QQ and the pot is heads up, that is about as ideal a situation as you'd like.
If I had AA here, same situation and villain, I would've just called even more often than I would with QQ.Hypothetical, let's say I see this flop with AA under the same circumstances. Do we lead the flop more often if checked to than we do with QQ? Seems simple but maybe it isnt.
If I had AA here, same situation and villain, I would've just called even more often than I would with QQ.Hypothetical, let's say I see this flop with AA under the same circumstances. Do we lead the flop more often if checked to than we do with QQ? Seems simple but maybe it isnt.
If I smooth-call preflop then my line is:(1) With AA, if he checks to me, I am betting 90% of the time, and checking 10% of the time (usually I will only check if I know the villian *hates* checked pots and will bet ATC at me on the turn)(2) With QQ, if he checks to me, I am betting 50% of the time and checking 50% of the time (again, my choice depends on the villian that I am facing) **EDIT*** after thinking about this a little more, I am probably only checking here 30% of the time and betting 70% of the time. ***/EDIT***If I reraise preflop and he checks to me, then I am betting this flop 100% of the time with both AA and QQ
now i see why you played it that way pf, yea if i had a read that villain might not call a re-raise or would be willing to pay me off big if i happened to trap him, then i love the pf flat-callyes i would bet the flop more often with aces, because with them we can beat one very important hand on this particular flop, A-K, that we couldn't beat with Q-Q
Villain (BB) is aggressive preflop but hasn't shown down much and no howlers. No other read. PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)saw flop|saw showdownMP2 ($212.45)DonkSlayer ($87.15)Button ($51.20)SB ($123.60)BB ($169.75)UTG ($36.70)MP1 ($148.05)Preflop: DonkSlayer is CO with Qheart.gif, Qdiamond.gif. 3 folds, DonkSlayer raises to $4, 2 folds, BB raises to $12, DonkSlayer calls $8.Flop: ($24.50) 3heart.gif, Kheart.gif, 2club.gif(2 players)BB checks, DonkSlayer checks.Turn: ($24.50) 3spade.gif(2 players)BB checks, DonkSlayer bets $10....Do we ever bet this flop when the preflop reraiser, who plays aggressively anyway, decides to check the K-high board? Do we risk checking behind on the turn and letting an A hit the river? How much do we bet if we decide to?
If we're going to call the PF raise, we need to bet this flop before we get totally lost in the hand.
not only that but wouldn't 4betting here drastically narrow heros range?also wouldn't another raise virtually commit him to this pot (or at least like 20-25% of his stack)

If you're betting the turn here, what are you putting him on? What will you do if he decides to c/r? What if he c/c and leads a river blank?I don't like betting the turn here most of the time, especially not a weak little bet like you threw out there becuase it's just begging to get raised and put you in a tough spot.If you're betting the turn, bet closer to the pot so that you'll have a better idea of his hand based on his actions. I don't even mind a check since it's unlikely that he has hearts (meaning he rr'd you OOP with AJhh or worse?) so if we're ahead, we're really only worried about him catching one of 3 outs if he has Ax and 2 outs if he has a pair like JJ or TT. I think I check behind on the turn, call any reasonable river bet or value bet the river if we're checked to.

I call pf, check behind flop because you don't want to get raised, and this allows you to extract value from 99/TT/JJ on later streets.I bet turn when checked to, and if he calls and checks river, I bet again and expect to see JJ/TT.Mark

If we're the villain with say A :club: J :D , shouldn't we check-raise the turn with air occasionally?
It'd be kind of a fancy, odd play. More often, villain has JJ/TT here...and is quite unlikely to check/raise.Generally speaking, if you want a quick line to tilt Cobalt, check to him twice and then raise.

I play the same preflop.I like the flop check. We aren't scared of hearts, and we are WA/WB.I don't mind checking behind again on the turn, then either calling river, or betting pot if checked to. Are we really gaining value by betting the turn?

Are we really gaining value by betting the turn?
I don't think we gain anything except whatever information comes if he decides to c/r us.
I don't think we gain anything except whatever information comes if he decides to c/r us.
For the sake of argument, we widen villain's range (I'm holding QQ again) to 11 outs on the river that beat us: 3 aces, 2 Jacks, 2 tens, 2 nines, 2 8's, or about 22% to be scared of on the river that he might've checked with on the flop and turn. Still don't want to bet?
For the sake of argument, we widen villain's range (I'm holding QQ again) to 11 outs on the river that beat us: 3 aces, 2 Jacks, 2 tens, 2 nines, 2 8's, or about 22% to be scared of on the river that he might've checked with on the flop and turn. Still don't want to bet?
No, becuase he doesn't have 11 outs. I realize that there are 11 potential cards that we're not jumping up and down about seeing when in reality the only truly scary rivercard is the Ace. It's still a WA/WB situation and if I choose to check and he rivers a set and I pay off a 2/3 pot bet, then I can live with that becuase I know that he'll be paying it off when he misses anyway.

Also, the number of cards that we don't wanna see is higher than you estimate since there are obviously going to be 4 Js, 4 Ts, 4 9s and 4 8s in the deck and if he holds one of those pairs, then there are 12 cards to scare us, not 8, but only 2 are actually hand killers. If you add in the other few aces, there are really more like 15 cards that we don't wanna see.