Event #55 World Championship No-limit Texas Hold'em $10,000

You sure it wasn't:Blinds 300/600, I have 7k, I limp in MP with TT, button makes it 1800 to go, blinds fold, I call. Flop 752, I check, he bets 2600, I call. Turn 9, I try to bluff the straight draw and shove for 2600, he calls with JJ and I bust.
Cruel :club:
  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11:37 PM - "I just busted, 1010me vs jj all in pre-flop."GG Anthony!!
sorry about the bust out A-Mak...Hope you had a great experience during your reign as protege...even if the results weren't what you had hoped for.
sorry about the bust out A-Mak...Hope you had a great experience during your reign as protege...even if the results weren't what you had hoped for.
You playin the ME fid?
You sure it wasn't:Blinds 300/600, I have 7k, I limp in MP with TT, button makes it 1800 to go, blinds fold, I call. Flop 752, I check, he bets 2600, I call. Turn 9, I try to bluff the straight draw and shove for 2600, he calls with JJ and I bust.
Lol, nice fake hand. Daniel should post some fake wsop hands for fun.
You playin the ME fid?
i didn't want to buy in for the full $10k...but the sattellite route has been torture.But f*ck it...i'm in Vegas...it's the WSOP main event...i'm buying in for Monday...I'll send updates to Matt if anyone is interested...i believe DN is playing that day as well....
i didn't want to buy in for the full $10k...but the sattellite route has been torture.But f*ck it...i'm in Vegas...it's the WSOP main event...i'm buying in for Monday...I'll send updates to Matt if anyone is interested...i believe DN is playing that day as well....
GLGLGL tid.
Weeeeeeeeee!Gl Sir!
Any update on Al Smooth?
I talked to him aroudn 2:30 and his stack was at 115k. Or at least I think that's what he told me. It was a long night, give me a break.

I know you are trying hard man, but you lay down big hands and bluff with nothing trying to represent the big hands. I'd say get it all in with QQ vs the maniac. Going broke with TT is not the way to go out.You try to make the big laydown way too much and hold on too long with marginal hands. I don't get it.

Well, he's still world-class compared to these guys...:The First Bust Out of Day 1bOne player raises to 300, another player reraises from a blind position to 1,600, and the first player calls. The flop comes 8-4-2, and the player in the blind position bets 3,000. His opponent min-raises to 6,000, and the first player moves all in. His opponent calls with 4-4 for middle set, and the first player shows J-J for an overpair. The next two cards are blanks, and the guy with pocket jacks (who was in the blind position) goes home as the first bustout of Day 1b.Yes, he went broke in the first ten minutes with pocket jacks, no set, no draw. The Second Bust Out of Day 1bOne player raises, and gets four callers. Five players see a flop of K-Q-4 with two spades. The original raiser bets 1,000, another player raises to 3,500, and the raiser calls. (The other three players fold.)The turn card is the {9-Spades}, putting three spades on the board. Unfortunately, we don't know how the action went on the turn.The river card pairs the board with another Q, so the board is K-Q-4-9-Q with three spades. There's a lot of potential on that board.On the river, both players get all their money in the pot. The original raiser excitedly says, "Top pair" and shows K-J offsuit. He has two pair, kings and queens, with a jack kicker. The other player says, "Full house," and shows 4-4 for fours full of queens. :club::D :D :D :D :) :) :)

More Chips for PokerKatKathy "PokerKat" Liebert led out for 500 and had two callers.Flop: {7-Clubs}{6-Clubs}{4-Clubs}Liebert led out for 1,100 on the flop and only one player called. The turn was the {10-Clubs} and Kathy checked, but her opponent bet 2,000. Kathy made the call and the turn brought the {7-Spades}. Kathy led out for 10,000 and her opponent folded. After the hand, PokerKat is up to 28,500.Her nickname makes her even hotter!

On the river, both players get all their money in the pot. The original raiser excitedly says, "Top pair" and shows K-J offsuit. He has two pair, kings and queens, with a jack kicker. The other player says, "Full house," and shows 4-4 for fours full of queens.
:D Because KJ is obv the best hand there! What was he thinking?! :club:

Simon 'Aces' Trumper Survives Quad JacksWith the board showing {J-Spades}{9-Diamonds}{6-Hearts}{J-Hearts} on the turn, a player bets 5,000, and Simon 'Aces' Trumper calls. The river card is the {K-Hearts}, and the first player bets 7,000. Trumper thinks for a bit, saying, "There's only one hand that beats me here." He thinks a little longer, and simply calls, leaving himself 2,000 in chips as he shows {K-Clubs}{K-Spades} for top full house on the river.Most people would have put their last 2,000 in the pot there, but Trumper's read was correct, as his opponent shows {J-Clubs}{J-Diamonds} for quad jacks.Trumper is down to 2,000, but most players in his situation would already be headed for the exit. Jennifer Tilly syndrome going around?

Trumper is down to 2,000, but most players in his situation would already be headed for the exit. Jennifer Tilly syndrome going around?
You sir, don't understand poker! Having 1/10th of your starting stack left on day one of the ME is infinitely more important than the tens of thousands of dollars you cost yourself making that "smart" play on a weekly basis.<sw>
Anthony:5:51 PM - "2nd break 16600 Lost some chips at the end of the level. Guy raises to 550 I had Ak suited flop comes 9 5 3 two clubs. He raises to 700, I call. 2 on the turn he checks, I put him all in for 2000 and change, he calls instantly with A 4 for the straight. Lost about 2000."
I'm assuming when the opponent raised, everyone folded but you. If that was the case, then why not all-in preflop? I assumed the opponent was quite short-stacked. He capitalized on your mistake.
Another hand: A crazy guy who has been going all in over and over again for like 10k raises UTG for 1,600, I make it 4,000 with QQ, he goes all in and I fold. I have 11,000 in chips."
If the crazy guy was really playing bully, you should have called. He wanted you to fold obviously. Even if you had busted, at least it was with pocket queens (a starting premium hand).In a WPT tournament, Doyle Brunson called with a mere pocket treys against Patrik Antonius' ace-deuce offsuit because he got sick of being the pushover. Poker is about psychology as well, not just the cards.
11:37 PM - "I just busted, 1010me vs jj all in pre-flop."
I guess you were short-stacked at that time so there was nothing much you could do there.Anyway, gg.