Absolute PokerLimit Holdem Ring gameLimit: $3/$66 playersConverterPre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with A :D K :DHero raises, UTG+1 folds, CO 3-bets, 3 folds, Hero caps, CO calls.Flop: J :) 6 :) Q :club: (9.67SB, 2 players)Hero bets, CO calls.Turn: 5 :D (5.83BB, 2 players)Hero bets, CO calls.River: 9 :D (7.83BB, 2 players)Hero bets, CO ...Hoping to fold another AK?

Argggg. Being out of position sucks. I dont think he folds or has AK enough for this to be profitable. I hate all river lines though. Not sure which one I hate the least.

That river can't be bet.It just can't.Both value and fold equity are close to zero.So this is clearly a check, in my opinion.Why would we ever put him on AK?The fact that we have AK makes this even less ikely.I view AK-ui as the same as 22.If you listed the strength of all possible holdings, they would be listed right next to each other.So I play them the same on the river.I check-call.--CM

I can't imagine this is a check/call.This is pretty much AK or a pocket pair, or else he's paired up.KT, KQ, KJ, AQ, AJ, etc are all there.Is it not worth one bet to fold out the one hand I chop with, since I'm calling one bet back anyways?

what do we beat on that river that you check/call?
Missed draws.Most of Villain's river bets will represent a good hand (Top Pair) or a bluff.Rarely will he be betting with a smaller pair here.If he did have a good hand (AQ, KQ), he often raises our flop or turn bets.So this somewhat decreases the chances of Villain holding Top Pair.And increases the chance that he is bluffing.Since there are draws that missed, our AK still has value.Because it beats all real bluffs.How do you play 22 in this situation?Do you agree AK should be played exactly the same way?--cm

AK and 22 are not nearly the same.Sure, they rank next to each other in terms of hand ranking, but AK is infinitely better than 22 in this situation.For one, if we're behind, we have several times as many outs.

AK and 22 are not nearly the same.Sure, they rank next to each other in terms of hand ranking, but AK is infinitely better than 22 in this situation.For one, if we're behind, we have several times as many outs.
Pretty sure he just means on the river.
Pretty sure he just means on the river.
Of course.On the river.How do you play 22?If you have taken 22 to the river, are you really check-folding getting 9-1 odds when the Flush Draw misses?Your answer to this question should be the same as your answer to AK here.--cm