Wsop Event #54 No-limit 2-7 Draw Lowball W/re-buys $ 5,000

Daniel is playing this event today. He will be showing up late and updates may be slow.GL Daniel!!1:02 PM - "At my table: Marco Traniello Doyle Brunson Don Zewin Ming Ly"1:41 PM - ".i rebought right away and doubled through don Zewin. He made it 1600 I made it 6000 from the button with 23478. He went all in with 97432. Pat Pat."2:25 PM - "The floor staff just made the worst ruling I have ever seen in my life. Wow completely ridiculous"2:26 PM - "45300"2:44 PM - "Hellmuth just showed up. He has 1200 left."3:15 PM - "I'm running pretty hot in this game making losts of hands so far. Up to 60000 now and will do a double addon at the end of this level."3:21 PM - "Don Zewin just quit"3:37 PM - "Was just dealt 22225 lol!! Its actually a strangley good hand to bluff with as the best any player could make is 34568"3:38 PM - "64000 now."3:48 PM - "Rebuys are over. I spent 20k and have 82600"4:41 PM - "Doyle just lost a huge pot to Hellmuth who doubled up by hitting his draw."4:48 PM - "86000 now. Sb made it 2300 I reraised brom bb with 2 6 7 9 10. He drew 1 I stood pat. He paired."4:48 PM - "Doyle is out"4:54 PM - "Marco is out"4:59 PM - "Gio luong at our table now"5:02 PM - "Hellmuth just made an 86 vs Gio's 87432"5:03 PM - "Gio made a great play to only check call the river."5:12 PM - "I raised with 2456J to 2000. Sb made it 6000 bb called. Both stayed pat. I drew J. Lost to a 10 and a 9"5:18 PM - "I just read Hellmuths hand based on his river bet size. He underbet the pot when both players drew. I said Q... He had exactly a Q"5:24 PM - "I raised utg with 4579 sb called. I caught a 3 and bet 6000..he called."5:24 PM - "Up to 90k"5:29 PM - "Aside from Ming I don't think my table has much experience in this game"5:36 PM - "I raised to 3000 with 34579. hellmut made it 10k with 10 7654. I moved all in. He folded after a long time."5:37 PM - "100k now"5:53 PM - "Just lost a pot with 23579 vs 87432"5:53 PM - "87k now"5:57 PM - "Missed 2345. Lost 10k that hand too."6:09 PM - "2467 missed. Lost 3600"6:12 PM - "70200 break time"6:35 PM - "2467....K lose"6:39 PM - "63k now"6:43 PM - "Back to 98. Raised button with 23348. Ming rraised to 12k. I catch a 5 and bet 20k. He called."6:45 PM - "I haven't attempt even one bluff. My table calls too much so instead I make large value bets"6:48 PM - "Ming is out. I lost 12k that hand drawing at 2345 again."6:50 PM - "77k now I've been dealt A2345 three times now. If this were A-5 I'd be killing it."6:57 PM - "Aggressive player makes it 4k and I call on button with 2787J. He drew 2 so I decided to draw 1 and caught a 9. 85k now"7:07 PM - "Men Nguyen just sat down to my left."7:14 PM - "83k"7:25 PM - "Dealt 23568 I make it 4k. Men calls. I check to him and he checks a 10"7:28 PM - "Gio Luong is out."7:31 PM - "94100 and we are on dinner break."9:23 PM - "Pat 87643 and no one called... Arrgh"9:25 PM - "Hellmuth out"9:25 PM - "Lissandro just joined us."9:37 PM - "Raised with 24794 and caught a 4."9:43 PM - "80k now. Average stack is 70k"9:51 PM - "Dealt a 23567! Won 15k . Next hand made 96532 and beat 96542"9:52 PM - "Should have bet the end with that hand but thought men might bluff at it."9:52 PM - "108k"10:27 PM - "Freddie Deeb joined us"11:53 PM - "Just lost 27k in one hand. Called a guy with a K for 20k. Thought he was bluffing but made 86"11:55 PM - "Down to 74k"12:18 AM - "They moved me to a new table: Howard Lederer Tony G John Juanda Tom Schneider"12:18 AM - "my table is next to break"12:20 AM - "New table: Barry Greenstien Shawn Shiekan Allen Cunningham Mike Wattel."12:20 AM - "I have 71500 and have yet to attempt a bluff."12:21 AM - "70500 and its break time."12:21 AM - "The floorman made another bad ruling that cost me a free hand."12:23 AM - "Wattell is out."12:23 AM - Raised with 34779 caught a 6. 85k"12:24 AM - "2478 on button. BB drew 2. I made a J he made a 10!"12:25 PM - "Had J9743 vs Barry and called in pos. He drew 1 I stayed pat. He bet 20k I folded."12:26 PM - "4 tables left. Lisandro joined us"12:26 PM - "Made 10 8 vs Sheikys 9. 32k left"12:26 PM - "60"12:27 PM - "Blinds and antes are killers right now. Down to 22500 on the button. Keep getting 50 points in my hand."12:27 AM - "Lost with 234 10 vs 2345 all in for 500 now"12:28 AM - "I'm out. Needed to beat an ace. Caught a pair of 33 instead. This is starting to drive me crazy"

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Daniel is playing this event today. He will be showing up late and updates may be slow.GL Daniel!!1:02 PM - "At my table: Marco Traniello Doyle Brunson Don Zewin Ming Ly"
I feel bad if DN is doing his Ming impression all day

From the Front Page:Jul 3: 12:00pm $1000 Limit Hold'em ShootoutJul 4: 12:00pm $5000 2-7 Single Draw No LimitJul 5: DAY OFFJul 6: DAY OFFJul 7: DAY OFFJul 8: $10,000 No Limit Hold'em Main EventLet's hope not.

10 table tourney. Every table is tough!
I haven't looked at the field, but I can't imagine there's too much dead money in this one. Playing a single draw, 2-7 with $5000 rebuys doesn't lend itself well to getting a lot of recreational players in the field.Have to think Daniel plays tighter than his typical rebuy strategy in this one - do you really want to give any of those players big stacks to play with?

standing on the rail...cant throw something in this field without hitting a big name pro. this is nuts.

Nice to see Matt finally showed up for work today!! :club:
Lol. Hey, it's a holiday here. I don't even get time and a 1/2. I receive something more special, I get to work with Bob :)edit-and Gov, I don't want to receive an angry IM from him for exclusion.
Amir Vahedi EliminatedBilly Baxter raised to 1,200, Amir Vahedi moved all in for 5,000, Miami John moved all in for 7,300, and Baxter called. Vahedi drew two, Cernuto stayed pat, and Baxter drew one. Vahedi showed a pair of threes, Baxter a pair of deuces, and Cernuto took it down with 2-3-7-9-T.Vahedi elected not to rebuy again and was eliminated.
What a nit. :club:$5K NL 2-7 with rebuys is a sick tournament, but it definately sounds like fun.
2:25 PM - "The floor staff just made the worst ruling I have ever seen in my life. Wow completely ridiculous"2:26 PM - "45300"
Wonder what that ruling is about, oh and nice chipstack Daniel, take it down so you can win your bracelet bet.
Wonder what that ruling is about,
http://www.pokernews.com/live-reporting/20...ll-rebuys/day1/Cards Back in the AirTo put it bluntly – many of the players aren’t happy. Without writing a novel, we’ll try to explain it as best as we can. The controversy that spurred the 10 minute break is as follows. Berry Johnston bought in late to this event, and as he was seated, he was given a stack of 9,000 chips. Some of the players that showed up late were blinded off, and showed up to stacks less than 9,000.Several players at Berry’s table (most notably Steve Z) refused to keep playing until the issue was resolved. The tournament directors ordered players to complete the hand they were on, and take a 10 minute break, while tournament directors could make a decision.Tournament director Jimmy Sommerfeld came back quoting TDA rule # 81, which states that if a player registers late, he is penalized a one time chip penalty of up to three rounds of blinds and antes. The decision was made that Berry should be assessed three rounds of blinds and antes, which is 1,800 chips. Many of the players who pre bought in, but showed up late to their stacks started with significantly less than that. This reportedly includes Amir Vahedi, who was subsequently eliminated from the tournament. This is going to continue to develop, and we will keep you updated on all related issues.btw, long time reader, first time poster. Hi!

Found this on NWP; No Source..might be first hand? undefinedMutiny nearly occurred in the Amazon Room today as there was a massive dispute about players being blinded off in the Deuce-to-Seven lowball event. Many of the players showed up late, and those who pre-registered were being blinded off in the seven-handed game, where as those who were late registrants only had a smaller penalty. A dispute started at one table, spread to others and soon a impromptu break was taken so the WSOP officials could figure everything out. This of course gave Hellmuth time to explode. Negreanu went off the handle and Andy Black gave what could've been the greatest interview ever to WorldSeriesofPoker.com WSOP comes back with Rule 81, which states "Late Registrants for any event may incur a chip penalty. Players will lose one round of blinds/antes dead money into the pot for every 15 minutes late after a tournament has begun up to a maximum of three (3) rounds of blinds/antes." Hellmuth has the rule read to him and states in no uncertain terms that the WSOP is going to take huge flack for this. Black then walks in on a video update and grabs the rule sheet and rips it in half, claiming that there is a constitution in this country and then goes off about Lisandro's impotency problems. Play resumes and Hellmuth says to his table (which includes Negreanu and Doyle) "We need to make this better for next year, you can either be a fighter and complain about everything, or you can be a lover and make things right for next year. I'm a lover." I'm sure there are more details on this, but I've got a feeling this becomes a pretty big deal as several of the top pros are in the $5,000 rebuy tournament. After each hand, Hellmuth, Negreanu and Lederer get up to talk about the structure and the rules.

this not the time or place to be bitching about the structures or rules, they hade all year to do something about it but didn't. Now we have to listen to them complain. Sit down and play the tournament, you approved it in the first place. Now go win a freaking bracelet Daniel.

Negreanu Drags a 10K PotPhil Hellmuth raised to 2,500 from middle position, Don Zewin called, Daniel Negreanu called from the small blind and Minh Ly called from the big blind. Negreanu drew two, Ly drew two, Hellmuth drew one and Zewin drew one. All four players checked after the draw. Negreanu showed a jack-low and it was good enough to win the pot.