Satellite To A.. Bbq?

Hey, I'm a smaller stakes player with not a very big bankroll. I am trying to win entry into the 11 dollar 4th of July BBQ on tourny on FTP, cause Chris Ferguson says I can't buy in. Chris Ferguson will let me play a million of the two dollar satellites to try and get in though.I am playing one now. Does anyone have any general suggestions they can give on playing in a tournament that rewards all of the top 16 in this case the exact same prize?

Play your normal game until you get to about 20 players left. Then just avoid calling big bets in marginal situations - you want to be the one moving in, not the one calling.Once it gets very close to the bubble, fold everything and let the other players bust themselves. You gain nothing by having a huge stack because 1 chip is worth as much as 20,000 chips once you get into the money.

Thanks for the input. Didn't make it, so I tried a 1.75 sng satellite and beat that.. I lost right before the first break because AA<K9o when half the money goes in preflop and a third king hits the river. But I'm not here to whine about suckouts.I'm in the FTP 26 dollar token frenzy now.. Anyone else in? I'm in 10th of 86, time to tighten up?Any other satellite advice? I'm in FTP under Sid Simelia if anyone wants to rail for some reason. I'm not mad at being ignored.

Woohoo I'm in first. Was getting ran over by the deck. Guess I'll just sit out now.. :club: