.25/.50 Nl 9 Players. How Do You Guys Play This Hand? Please Critique

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Hero ($55.95)MP1 ($62.05)MP2 ($55.95)CO ($19.30)Button ($55.40)SB ($38)BB ($26)UTG ($35.30)Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 8diamond.gif, 7diamond.gif. UTG calls $0.50, Hero raises to $2, 2 folds, CO calls $2, 2 folds, BB calls $1.50, UTG calls $1.50.Flop: ($8.25) 9diamond.gif, 4heart.gif, Aspade.gif(4 players)BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $4, CO calls $4, BB folds, UTG folds.Turn: ($16.25) 2diamond.gif(2 players)Hero bets $6, CO calls $6.River: ($28.25) Qdiamond.gif(2 players)Hero bets $7.3, CO calls $7.30 (All-In).Final Pot: $42.85

If raising to mix up your play (which isn't really necessary at that level) then check the flop with 3 other opponents. It's HIGHLY likely that somebody has hit the A and wont go anywhere.

I personally fold preflop. I definitely don't raise it sitting UTG+1, and if I do raise, I make it 2.50 instead of 2.00 after one limper. I also don't c-bet in a 4 way pot with the ace on board. I check turn and hope for a cheap river, although a blocking bet works decently too. River is standard - you hit your draw, now get your money in.

i would limp pre-flop personally, but the raise to mix up your play is ok, although i have to agree with spence that it isn't all that necessary in a .25/.50 gamei would definitely be checking the flop right here, with three opponents one of them is bound to have an ace, so i don't like this betafter getting called on the flop i really don't much like the turn bet either, what could he have to call you on the flop that will fold on the turn? if he called the flop with like 10-10 or something that card probably won't scare him, and your bet wasn't big enough to chase himi just think you got kinda lucky that your opponent played the hand so passively and you backed into a flush

I limp or (more likely) fold 8 handed UTG+1. As played I c/f flop. If it checks around and checks to me on turn, I'm going to try and pick up the pot and obviously bet when you hit.

I like to fold or limp preflop with this hand. However, with the way you played it I dont mind the continuation bet on the flop in case no one else has an ace. Since there are no draws, any hand worse than a piar of aces should fold. Once you were called on the flop, i would give the opponent credit for at least an ace. But, since you picked up a draw, you should have a lot of outs so if you think you can get him to fold, id go all in. Put the opponent to a decision for all his chips on the turn and make him fold, dont let him in for $6.If you still played it the way you did, id still push the river, theres no way he can put you on the flush. Im assuming since you posted the hand, you got beat by a better flush. If this was the case, he probably had a pair with it and had you the whole way. most likely Ad xd. In that case there was no way to get him off the hand. Bad luck at this point, but if you would have folded or limped preflop you only would have lost 50 cents at most.

i would definitely be checking the flop right here, with three opponents one of them is bound to have an ace, so i don't like this bet... This is what we want, so that they call when .... i just think you got kinda lucky that your opponent played the hand so passively and you backed into a flush

I dunno about preflop but its ok to mix it up. I do know that I absolutely hate the flop bet its simply a c/f based on preflop action. Then i hate turn bet, IMO it accomplishes nothing and we are pushing the river if we miss. I think pushing the turn has some fold equity all be it very small.

I dunno about preflop but its ok to mix it up. I do know that I absolutely hate the flop bet its simply a c/f based on preflop action. Then i hate turn bet, IMO it accomplishes nothing and we are pushing the river if we miss. I think pushing the turn has some fold equity all be it very small.
The turn bet is only bad because we can't beat the villain if he's calling us down with a 9 either. If we had 1 over to the 2nd pair, I'm then leading at least 50% of the time, with fold equity and getting to see a river on my own terms and not having to call an almost sure-thing bet from the villain.

I like the preflop raise, followed by the lead out on the flop (repping the A). However, you should know that you WILL get a call from someone who really does have an A, therefore, I'd be more inclined to check/fold or check/raise the flop, dependant on the bettor's tendency. (If villain also checks, then leading on the turn is good.) With two D's in my hand, I'd look for two more D's on the flop in order to feel comfy about a lead bet.As played, it's pretty decent and you got a guy to come along for the ride.For those saying you don't like the turn bet because he got called on the flop bet, I think it would scream WEEEEAAAAAK ("I don't really have an A") if you checked the turn (after having bet the flop). Leading out allows you to control the flow and, potentially, slows the other guy down, although at this point there's enough in the pot that you're both probably commited.I put Villain on an A with a weak kicker, as he didn't re-raise any of your bets.

Nah. If too many diamonds show up on the flop, then our diamond draw isn't disguised well enough.
Good point. Maybe I'm thinking too "tricky", but with no str8 possibilities except for the low end, you are repping an A, which, to me, the other guy surely has.On the other hand, leading out is good as a "defensive" play to slow down the villain and control the betting, keeping the villain guessing.